+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
ChristianM said:
Hi po

Im christian, ask ko lg po sana paano mg register sa NAIT? Ano po una nyong mga pinasa at ginawa?
punta ka po sa applyalberta.ca at gumawa ka ng alberta student number.

afterwards apply ka sa NAIT

piliin mo po yung kurso na gusto mo. magdedepende ang requirements dun sa kurso na pinili mo.

hindi rin open sa international student ang lahat ng kurso kaya kailangan mo icheck

Reactions: mamijuri

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
trxter41 said:
i only showed 80% of the funds required and i was able to get a permit pero my wife was a big factor also because she provided her bank statement and letter of employment. if you only show 5k, kulang yan kasi paano yung pang bayad ng tuition mo?
Thank you for sharing your experience. I realize now that my previous post must have been confusing. Apologies for that.

My dad will sponsor my tuition fee. He already transferred some to my account but we will also submit his business papers, including his financial statement to prove that he has the capacity to support me throughout my studies. Since the bulk of our savings will go to the tuition fee, I was just exploring the option of showing a smaller amount for living expenses since I will be living with relatives.

juliefaith

Feb 26, 2017
to trxter41:

I applied for Geological Technology. Tama ka, wala pa akong letter of acceptance. My credentials was received by them last Feb 23 and is still under review by NAIT as of this moment. Status ko sa subjects that they require (base in my TOR) is all "initiated". Wala pang further notice about my application.

May i know po ano ang SOP and why to other people here need it? My uncle who's in Fort Saskatchewan now that helps me with my application, did not advised me to prepare such thing. He's working as an immigration officer to in alberta btw.

Loveey92

Dec 10, 2016
Hello guys!
Anyone of you just lodge an application like me? I'm going for May 2017 intake at Niagara College. Applied on Feb 23 at vfs cebu and and got my medicals done yesterday. Hopefully they will pass it soon nah. Kinakabahan lang Praying to God we all can get thru this successfully!

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Loveey92 said:
Hello guys!
Anyone of you just lodge an application like me? I'm going for May 2017 intake at Niagara College. Applied on Feb 23 at vfs cebu and and got my medicals done yesterday. Hopefully they will pass it soon nah. Kinakabahan lang Praying to God we all can get thru this successfully!
very tight schedule ng application mo

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
ayne_16 said:
Hello to all...

First time to post here, I'm happy to find this forum and learned a lot from the experiences ng mga nag-share.

I received a Letter of Acceptance from College of the Rockies, for BA - Acctg. - Sept. 2017. (I'm BSBA - Acctg grad, but not a CPA)
After backreading from this forum, I am hesitant to proceed with my student permit application, what are my chances na ma-approve sa Student Permit or madeny :-(
Good job on trying to back read

- Travel history: 2 times - HK lang (1996 leisure and 2001 seminar/training), then on April 21-23, 2017 - will visit company plant in Sabah (company expense) pwede ko bang i-include yun?
If less than 6 months then no need to get police clearance from that country - include in the SOP the reason why you have a travel history

- Employment in home country: been working in Accounting for 15years, my current employer allowed me to have indefinite leave for the duration of the program - with certification, conditions, transfer of assignment upon completion of the program in other Asian office (Sabah/Indonesia)
This makes you a genuine student and the visa officer will not believe you will over stay because you already have an agreement with your company. Include this in your SOP and the
certifications and documents. Congrats!

- ties: family: husband and son will stay here in Phils, (hubby working in government office and my son - student)
no relatives or families in canada, only friends
Once you landed on Canada apply a TRV for your husband to come to Canada. He will earn dollars and will help you with daily expenses. Easier life. Applying alone have higher chance of being accepted then with family.

- property: lot only - loan from pag-ibig and bank (3more yrs to pay pa, can I present monthly receipts of payment and contract of loan since we don't have the original Certificate pa, which will be issued upon full payment, and a house with 2unit apt from my parents but not yet transfer under my name (still in process, medyo slow ang process ng transfer kse both my parents were gone na) sorry medyo complicated un proof of properties ko...
Might as well include this and attached a copy and notarized.

- Proof of funds: 1.2m (for tuition fee and cost of living)
You reach the minimum good job.
- i am willing to pay sana yun tuition fee for the 1st sem, but stated in the LOA, "tuition should be paid after you received your study permit approval from your home country. It is important that you contact us immediately after confirmation of study permit approval so we can send you forms and instructions as to how to wire/transfer your first semester tuition fee."
Tuition are based on school. Just show the 1.2m pesos in the bank and it will be all good. Also bring the money with you to Canada and declare it at the port of entry.

thank you in advance sa mga magrereply, and pwede po ba akong makahingi ng sample ng SOP.

Thank you again..
juliefaith said:
to trxter41:

I applied for Geological Technology. Tama ka, wala pa akong letter of acceptance. My credentials was received by them last Feb 23 and is still under review by NAIT as of this moment. Status ko sa subjects that they require (base in my TOR) is all "initiated". Wala pang further notice about my application.

May i know po ano ang SOP and why to other people here need it? My uncle who's in Fort Saskatchewan now that helps me with my application, did not advised me to prepare such thing. He's working as an immigration officer to in alberta btw.
SOP is statement of purpose also know as study plan. Application for study permit is a case to case basis. It will also depend on the visa officer that will review your case. If they look at your background and data they will decide that you are a genuine student. What if base on the officer's assumption you are not a genuine student because something is off. There is interview for Student visa so you will be rejected right away. Now you are rejected since your uncle is an immigration officer he can make an appeal for your case. This is why applicants submits SOPs. In case the officer is not convince you are a genuine students you have an explanation why things are like that. It is your responsibility to give as much evidence as possible. If he thinks your case is good enough then don't worry about it. He knows what he is doing.

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

juliefaith

Feb 26, 2017
kapatid said:
SOP is statement of purpose also know as study plan. Application for study permit is a case to case basis. It will also depend on the visa officer that will review your case. If they look at your background and data they will decide that you are a genuine student. What if base on the officer's assumption you are not a genuine student because something is off. There is interview for Student visa so you will be rejected right away. Now you are rejected since your uncle is an immigration officer he can make an appeal for your case. This is why applicants submits SOPs. In case the officer is not convince you are a genuine students you have an explanation why things are like that. It is your responsibility to give as much evidence as possible. If he thinks your case is good enough then don't worry about it. He knows what he is doing.

Hello Kapatid,

Pwede makahingi ng Sample SOP mo?

my situation is this:

I am applying for student permit and OWP for my husband as my dependent plus we will bring our son who's still 6 mos old so hindi ko talaga pwedeng iwan. My uncle said pwede yun so i am pursing. Any advice what to tell the officer about my case?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
juliefaith said:
Hello Kapatid,

Pwede makahingi ng Sample SOP mo?

my situation is this:

I am applying for student permit and OWP for my husband as my dependent plus we will bring our son who's still 6 mos old so hindi ko talaga pwedeng iwan. My uncle said pwede yun so i am pursing. Any advice what to tell the officer about my case?
What's your email?
Yes you can do that. I reason out mo sa officer na yung asawa mo is your source of emotional support since maliit pa lang anak niyo meaning bagong kasal so as a newly wed ayaw niyo malayo sa isat isa kung maari. Isasama mo yung asawa mo para magalaga ng 6 months niyong anak. Since mas marami kayo you need to show more funds than the average.

juliefaith

Feb 26, 2017
kapatid said:
What's your email?
Yes you can do that. I reason out mo sa officer na yung asawa mo is your source of emotional support since maliit pa lang anak niyo meaning bagong kasal so as a newly wed ayaw niyo malayo sa isat isa kung maari. Isasama mo yung asawa mo para magalaga ng 6 months niyong anak. Since mas marami kayo you need to show more funds than the average.
Here's my email add: faith.aboabo@gmail.com

The required fund is 10k CAD + tuition + 4k for the dependent..that is the requirement as per NAIT. So How much po ba dapat? Thank you btw sa SOP :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
juliefaith said:
Here's my email add: faith.aboabo@gmail.com

The required fund is 10k CAD + tuition + 4k for the dependent..that is the requirement as per NAIT. So How much po ba dapat? Thank you btw sa SOP :)
Sent few samples
Di ko alam sa NAIT so you need to message the school pero tingin ko nasa 8k per sem nun at per sem bayaran. Siguro like SAIT magbabayad ka ng tuition 1 month bago magstart ang class.
So 1 year tuition + 14k for proof of funds mo ang ipapakita mo

juliefaith

Feb 26, 2017
kapatid said:
Sent few samples
Di ko alam sa NAIT so you need to message the school pero tingin ko nasa 8k per sem nun at per sem bayaran. Siguro like SAIT magbabayad ka ng tuition 1 month bago magstart ang class.
So 1 year tuition + 14k for proof of funds mo ang ipapakita mo
Nareceive ko na po SOP, Thank you.

SOP will be shown sa officer after interview na hindi sya masatisfy? or during interview?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
juliefaith said:
Nareceive ko na po SOP, Thank you.

SOP will be shown sa officer after interview na hindi sya masatisfy? or during interview?
as far as I know hindi sila nagiinterview for student visa they denied right away
SOP is your explanation at susubmit mo siya kasama ng mga documents mo

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
juliefaith said:
to trxter41:

hintay hintay ka lang basta i submit mo lahat ng documents na kailangan nila

i don't know what they mean by SOP. kakabalik ko lang magbasa ng thread na to.

your uncle is an immigration officer for CIC/IRCC?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Loveey92 said:
Hello guys!
good luck po. malapit na yan. mag empake ka na. hahaha