+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello!

Sa buidling nakatabi ng embassy meron gumagawa ng nbi clearance. Mga 30 mins lang siguro kasi mag picture ka, fill up form and finger printing. Cost is lagay mo na mga 50 dollars lahat and it takes around 3 weeks to get it from them. I'll be on my third week this week and I hope i get it on the weekend.

No need to take leave na siguro aksi bukas sila until 6:30pm yata on weekdays and bukas din yata ng weekends but closes earlier

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Sa mga nagsubmit ng passport sa VFS Global, gaano po katagal bago natapos mastamp visa niyo? Nagpa-courier po kayo or pickup?

trxc

Feb 15, 2017
hello guys! newbie here. i have some concerns..
i submitted the needed documents and na receive naman last dec 20, 2016.
up to now, waley pa rin akong balita...

i know, patience is a virtue,..pero na paparanoid na ako.
and my future class is going to start on april 3 na...

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
trxc said:
hello guys! newbie here. i have some concerns..
i submitted the needed documents and na receive naman last dec 20, 2016.
up to now, waley pa rin akong balita...

i know, patience is a virtue,..pero na paparanoid na ako.
and my future class is going to start on april 3 na...
Online or paper? If online, what website? If paper, saan mo pinadala?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
peej06 said:
Nirerecognize ba ang international driver license sa alberta? Balak ko magapply sa AAP
If may drivers license ka sa pinas you dont have to go for Class 7. (Learners)
With that license you can take an exam to get a Class 5 (GDL). If you pass the exam you have the license right away. You will be given a valid temporary paper license until your plastic one arrives.
Take note, driving here is strict compared sa pinas so expect 2-3 take before passing.

peej06 said:
Kapag nastamp na yung student visa puwede ko ba irenew passport ko? May conflict ba sa canada kapag ngrenew na may stamp? Kasi mukhang malapit na yung 10yrs validity, naipasa na sa congress, papunta na sa senate then pirma nalang ng pres.
Will your visa expire while in canada?
Nakita ko sa tita ko on a US visa, naka staples yung old one sa new one at nasa old one yung visa niya.
Might work like that siguro.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
NearlyLucid said:
Hi guys! I continue to get great tips and feedback from this thread, thank you to all those who take time to answer! :)

I would like to ask for the help of those who can provide some insight please since I have some concerns. Here is my brief background. Currently, I am a preschool teacher and I have been teaching for the past 6 years. I plan to apply for my student visa this year, either for Fall or Winter intake. I have already resigned from my job and will be unemployed by mid-June 2017. This is a risk I'm taking since I feel it would be unfair and unprofessional to commit to another academic year with my school if I know I have intentions of leaving mid-year. (On the plus side, I am in very good terms with the school so I can easily get an employment certificate as well as a letter stating that I will always have a job with them, should I decide to return).

After narrowing down my choices, I plan to take up Early Childhood Education at Langara in BC. On paper, I seem to be qualified for the 1 year (3 semesters) diploma course. As soon as I have raised enough for my tuition, I will proceed to finalize my application and gather the documents needed. From all the valuable tips I gathered from this thread, I would have ideally wanted to attend CapU and take their 2 year ECE program but the reality is that I cannot afford it. So rather than not going at all, I will take another risk by studying for 1 year and hopefully, work for 1 year as well.

So this brings me to my concern: I need exactly 1 year of work experience to be eligible for EE points. You can apply for PGWP as soon as you get your completion status from the school so technically, you have time to look for a job and hopefully find one to do for exactly one year before your PGWP expires, right? Do they base the PGWP duration on the day of graduation? Before my 1 year PGWP is done, I can apply to have my status changed so I can stay as a tourist for a limited time (but not work) when my work permit expires, correct? I know this is a huge risk and is not the ideal situation but sadly, I have to work with the cards I'm dealt with :( . Has anyone been in a similar situation? I realize this is quite the challenge but it's not impossible, right? *prays*
If getting PR in Canada I would rather bet in the int program but fund is an issue.
Yes it is not impossbile. You have to leave after youre done with PGWP or else you will be deemed inadmissible.
Maybe while working for 1 year also try to apply and get an LMIA. Know people and start networking for jobs.
But 1yr study is 1yr post grad. Although you might have a good point in EE dont bet everything on it.

hopefulcouple

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
July 9, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
August 23, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
August 30, 2017
LANDED..........
September 7, 2017 (thank you , Lord!!)
peej06 said:
Sa mga nagsubmit ng passport sa VFS Global, gaano po katagal bago natapos mastamp visa niyo? Nagpa-courier po kayo or pickup?
Congrats, Peej! Anong month intake mo?

peej06

Jan 11, 2017

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! makukuha ko na!! ;D

hopefulcouple said:
Congrats, Peej! Anong month intake mo?
nasa profile ko po details ng application ko

kapatid said:
If may drivers license ka sa pinas you dont have to go for Class 7. (Learners)
With that license you can take an exam to get a Class 5 (GDL). If you pass the exam you have the license right away. You will be given a valid temporary paper license until your plastic one arrives.
Take note, driving here is strict compared sa pinas so expect 2-3 take before passing.
paper exam po or pati practical exam?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
peej06 said:
paper exam po or pati practical exam?
Paper is Class 7 and practical is class 5.
Yes class 5.
You cant drive with class 7 unless accompanied by class 5

Feb 21, 2017
hi! congrats pala sa mga naapprove na ang SP.. natapos ko din yung forum na to hahaha....

me and my partner are planning to apply for SP...pero madaming problem...

problem 1... kasal ako pero hiwalay.. ( i processed my annulment pero i decided to put it on hold dahil sa mga lawyer na mapagsamantala).. i am thinking of declaring my partner as my common law partner para mainclude namin yung mom nya as main sponsor since madami syang pwedeng ideclare na properties and maganda record ng bank nya.. or si partner mag apply at ako ang ideclare nya na common law partner.. if possible ito... ano po yung mga need iprovide as supporting documents..

problem 2... i can't afford to study for 2yrs.. ano ano po yung school na nagoofer ng 3 semester (1yr) diploma?

problem 3... i am an undergraduate.. 2 yrs lang inabot ko failed pa yung ibang subject.. meron po ba dito na nakakuha ng SP na undergraduate? i mean 2yrs lang with failed subject..

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
KULOTSKIE12345 said:
hi! congrats pala sa mga naapprove na ang SP.. natapos ko din yung forum na to hahaha....

me and my partner are planning to apply for SP...pero madaming problem...

problem 1... kasal ako pero hiwalay.. ( i processed my annulment pero i decided to put it on hold dahil sa mga lawyer na mapagsamantala).. i am thinking of declaring my partner as my common law partner para mainclude namin yung mom nya as main sponsor since madami syang pwedeng ideclare na properties and maganda record ng bank nya.. or si partner mag apply at ako ang ideclare nya na common law partner.. if possible ito... ano po yung mga need iprovide as supporting documents..

problem 2... i can't afford to study for 2yrs.. ano ano po yung school na nagoofer ng 3 semester (1yr) diploma?

problem 3... i am an undergraduate.. 2 yrs lang inabot ko failed pa yung ibang subject.. meron po ba dito na nakakuha ng SP na undergraduate? i mean 2yrs lang with failed subject..
bakit common law ang declaration if you are not legally separated or annulled, passport palang makikita na agad na married ka,

maraming nagooffer ng 1yr diploma, check mo yung designated learning institutions sa cic website

Feb 21, 2017
peej06 said:
bakit common law ang declaration if you are not legally separated or annulled, passport palang makikita na agad na married ka,

maraming nagooffer ng 1yr diploma, check mo yung designated learning institutions sa cic website

nabasa ko kasi sir na pwede ka mag declare ng common law partner even you are still legally married. basta mapatunayan mo na separated ka talaga.. baka meron ganitong status na nakapasa ng SP with a common law partner.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
kapatid said:
If getting PR in Canada I would rather bet in the int program but fund is an issue.
Yes it is not impossbile. You have to leave after youre done with PGWP or else you will be deemed inadmissible.
Maybe while working for 1 year also try to apply and get an LMIA. Know people and start networking for jobs.
But 1yr study is 1yr post grad. Although you might have a good point in EE dont bet everything on it.
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. After some more deliberation, I have decided to try and go for the 2 year course. Yes, I still can't afford it right now but I spoke to some people and perhaps, it is still possible. Aside from having more years to my PGWP for the EE points, that also means I will have more time to work and pay off people I will borrow from for my tuition. So in the unfortunate event that I don't get through the EE program, at the very least I'll be debt free. :-[

chmscrbbrfck

Feb 22, 2017
Hello po!
I am planning to take up my masters in Canada, problem is most universities (UVic, Unievrsity of Manitoba, University of Sasketchewan) requires a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree to get into their masters program, question is, do they consider relevant work experience in lieu of the masters degree? and is Philippine Bachelors degree not really equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree?