+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
So I just got cleared on my medicals and was x-rayed 5 times kasi may nakita daw na suspicious sa lungs ko (infection that could lead to TB) but it turns out to be just a blood vessel. Sabi ng physician ko, the embassy could still ask for another check if hindi na-satisfy ang visa officer. Safe parin ba ako magpa-x-ray? Kasi sabi ng mom ko dapat di na daw ako nag-agree magpa-x-ray ng more than twice.

chu12

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
bryheartpizza said:
So I just got cleared on my medicals and was x-rayed 5 times kasi may nakita daw na suspicious sa lungs ko (infection that could lead to TB) but it turns out to be just a blood vessel. Sabi ng physician ko, the embassy could still ask for another check if hindi na-satisfy ang visa officer. Safe parin ba ako magpa-x-ray? Kasi sabi ng mom ko dapat di na daw ako nag-agree magpa-x-ray ng more than twice.
Bryheartpizza wala naman magiging problema kahit magpa second X-rAY ka pa. Kelan ka nag apply? and sino sponsor? kelan start ng class?

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
chu12 said:
Bryheartpizza wala naman magiging problema kahit magpa second X-rAY ka pa. Kelan ka nag apply? and sino sponsor? kelan start ng class?
Not second. Sixth session na if ever humingi pa ang embassy. I'm hoping na ma-satisfy na sila sa limang x-ray na pinagawa ng physician ko. I applied on 6th of May. Sponsor ko is my aunt. Then my class starts on september

chu12

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
bryheartpizza said:
Not second. Sixth session na if ever humingi pa ang embassy. I'm hoping na ma-satisfy na sila sa limang x-ray na pinagawa ng physician ko. I applied on 6th of May. Sponsor ko is my aunt. Then my class starts on september

So approval n lng hnhntay mo diyan sa pinas 2 months ata or early pa? update na lang if approve visa mo.

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
chu12 said:
So approval n lng hnhntay mo diyan sa pinas 2 months ata or early pa? update na lang if approve visa mo.
Yes. I'm hoping to get approved by the second week of July.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi chamee,
regarding your question, my wife got hired here as a teacher even before she arrived and she takes our son to work so we got that problem sorted out before they arrived :)

From my classmates' experience, he got some form of subsidy from the government sa daycare niya BUT was required to pay a full year's tuition to qualify. Although, this summer, parang hindi yata tinatanggap yung anak niya. You might want to check with your future municipality about the daycare policy and subsidy they offer just to be sure. Also, note that there is a LONG waiting list to have a lot in some daycares.

Sorry for scaring you, but I just want people to have a realistic idea of how it works here in Toronto :)

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
mic-mic said:
Hi angel! Sorry, I was busy with work (work part time now and look after my 3 year old son while my wife is working full time so medyo busy :p) I did send you an email invite. I'm not sure though if it found it's way to your spam folder :) Welcome to Canada!
Hi mic-mic, thank you! :) saya ng weather compared sa Manila na super init :)
I checked my email and spam folder pero wala akong nareceive na invite.. :(

UPDATE:
got it! :) thank you mic-mic! :D

unicahija7

Apr 13, 2016
makuletaqo said:
Guys, I badly needed your opinion and expert advice. I got my IELTS result and my overall band is 5.5. Tapos 5.0 pa ako sa reading. Do you think guys ituloy ko pa yung plans ko mag-study permit? Mahirap lang kami, gusto ko talagang makaahon ng kaunti sa hirap, this is the only pathway I know para maging PR sa Canada. Is there any school kaya na tatanggap ng ILETS ko? Or wag ko na lang ituloy. Nalulungkot ako sa result ng IELTS ko sobra. But I understand english naman. Haizt help me please. Thanks!

Kulet
Hi! Do not lose hope. If you backread from this thread (which I did from page 1 to 200ish before I decided to read the 2016 thread), there were those granted with visas without taking the IELTS. One institution that is fresh in my memory is Norquest. You just have to submit a certification that the medium of instruction used in your university was English. Then, you're good. You just have to verify with the institution in Canada if they allow this route. May pag-asa. Kaya 'yan! :) God bless

chamee04

Apr 13, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hi chamee,
regarding your question, my wife got hired here as a teacher even before she arrived and she takes our son to work so we got that problem sorted out before they arrived :)

From my classmates' experience, he got some form of subsidy from the government sa daycare niya BUT was required to pay a full year's tuition to qualify. Although, this summer, parang hindi yata tinatanggap yung anak niya. You might want to check with your future municipality about the daycare policy and subsidy they offer just to be sure. Also, note that there is a LONG waiting list to have a lot in some daycares.

Sorry for scaring you, but I just want people to have a realistic idea of how it works here in Toronto :)
thank you for sharing the good and the bad side of bringing a family member since some experience may not turn the same way to others..much better n lng cguro to settle in nlng muna kame ng husband q before we bring our children.. nice hearing from you mic mic

freyanne21

Nov 26, 2014
hello guys 2nd attempt ko na but refuse pa din ???....dapat ba notarized lahat ng docs?
eto mga reasons naman

* Employment prospects in country of residence
* current employment situation
* personal assets and financial status (show 1.6 money in the bank, one lot) plus employer support.

guys help naman sino naka 3rd time na dito na approved naman...hay naku ano ba ito...

Lei1980

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
01-04-16
Anyone can suggest.. Enhance consultancy or CIC-canadian immigration consultancy...san ba ang better sa kanila?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
freyanne21 said:
hello guys 2nd attempt ko na but refuse pa din ???....dapat ba notarized lahat ng docs?
eto mga reasons naman

* Employment prospects in country of residence
* current employment situation
* personal assets and financial status (show 1.6 money in the bank, one lot) plus employer support.

guys help naman sino naka 3rd time na dito na approved naman...hay naku ano ba ito...
Hi! Im sorry about your refusal.

My questions are:
1. Yung money ba is nasa bank account mo for atleast 4-6months?
2. May work ka ba sa Pinas right now?

Calgarywoman

Oct 2, 2015
Yes nasa bank ko ung 1.6 matagal n me mga 2012 p ako n savings 3 banks ung ginamit ko, yup me work din ako employer ko ang mag papaaral sa akin.

Kamae0714

Apr 25, 2016
Hi! Would just like to ask kung meron po dito na nakareceive ng passport dispatched email before their approval email, or may di nakareceive ng approval email bago mabalik sakanila ang passport? Thanks. Medyo anxious lang kasi i received passport dispatched email yestrday pero no approval email yet. I am expecting my parcel today. Thanks and Godbless!