+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Thanks guys! Sana dumating na nga! :(

Bigleaf, in some cases, a visa officer may ask the applicant to submit the NBI clearance and sometimes, applicants just get rejected for the lack of it. I uploaded mine together with the letter of explanation too.

coconutree

Jul 31, 2015
Hi guys renz, Venice, jvfll- we are version 2.0! Kaya natin to!

@Venice, got refused for ability to pay and information in the travel and identity documents. Despite having sufficient funds, I reckon the VO may have had problems going through my statements – when I compressed the files, I mejo nadistort ang images. Sa kagustuhan ko macompress within the 4MB limit, na compromise ang quality. Lesson learned. Sa mga magpapass palang kindly recheck your compressed files. ;) Or maybe some other reason… btw, have they sent your medical form na nirequest mo?

@mic-mic praying for your wife and baby and each and every one here sa forum. Ang babait nyo guys, sobrang galing ng support system dito!

@bigleaf, yes please tell your friend to include the NBI -3 months lang validity ha. Had to apply for one again.

@jvfll got another set of bank certs kasi mejo too far back na ang dates ng iba na nakuha ko for my first app.

1. Can I please ask a favor, nagkaissue kasi ako sa sched 1 form – imm5257B Previous Travel section. Please try lang naman, anyone, -please open a blank form and try clicking on the add button sa sched 1-form 5257B Previous Travel section -with or without entries typed, until you reach 33 clicks or less, please see what happens sa 2nd page and try to observe kung makikita niyo pa ang add button after the 33rd row?

In my case kasi after the 33rd row nagblank ang page two and I had to include a separate page which I uploaded sa letter of explanation section with a cover letter, kasi needed a little bit more than 33 rows for the past 5 years travel info. Parang hindi yata nagustuhan ni VO itong ginawa ko ;( Should I include a statement in my SOP re my travels or a separate letter of explanation?

2. As for the passport uploads, should I separate the upload ng valid passport with visas/stamps from the old ones+ visas/stamps? Yung valid passport kasi plan ko sana I upload sa passport/travel documents (kasi when you click the ? mark nakalagay valid document and all other stamps, visas, markings on the document) then the old ones sa letter of explanation, along with a cover letter – ‘Travel History’? or isama ko na ba sa isang file upload lahat- under passport/travel document?

Sorry napaparaniod nako on how to address the travel info issue, feeling ko mali na I included everything (valid+old)in the passport/travel doc file upload last time or was it just the case of the sched 1 form?

Thank you for taking time to read my piece guys.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Thanks coconutree! To answer your 2nd question, what I did was upload the current passport but included my old passport with all the entry stamps and visas issued during the last five years. Bago kasi yung passport na submit ko since kaka-renew lang and it just had a HK stamp in it while the recent one had all my visas (US, China, Canada) in it. I labelled them as OLD and Current passport para hindi nakakalito.

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Cocounutree: Hello, yes I followed your instructions and they sent the result to my email within 1 hour. Thank you!! Sorry, I can't give you insights regarding tech difficulties sa application. Yung agency kase ang nagsend na application ko through online. There are experts here that could help you dont worry!

I am going to lodge my application today but before I do so, I have one quick question. Is it relevant na ilagay ko sa LOE ko na may pending "transfer of credits" ako sa university to show them that its not necessary for me to take basic courses such as Math, Physics, etc. Nothing is final cause its not completed yet but the university is willing to send me a letter stating its in process. Relevant ba? or makakagulo lang.

I would like the VO to think that I won't need to take these first year courses to prevent redundancy.

Any insights?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
ATE Venice,

I think the VO's main concern in this matter is that an accredited institution is accepting you. I'm not really sure if they will go through all the trouble of seeing how the transfer credits will affect you. If it did, they might issue you a shorter study permit. What matters are the program of choice, its availability in your home country, and how it will improve your career/business in your home country. Oh, and schools can only credit "select" courses you took and not the entire number of units you earned (just my assumption) :)

renz0724

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
@venice and coconut tree..nkapagrelidge na ba kayo? Ilang years pala program nyo and for sept intake din kau? Nagpassed na meds ko for 2nd application ko so waiting nlang for the final decision sana this time positive na and good news and ibless ni God na approve na and ok na! In Gods hands nothing is impossible..pray hard lang tau guys!

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Kuya Mic mic! Yes, I finally figured out what your gender is. Thanks to your wife and baby! 8) 8) 8)

Oo nga e, that's what I thought. Siguro super paranoid lang ako to make everything perfect. I think I won't get into transfer credit issue since that could impose a potential source of debate. I'll stick with the original thought. Highlight the benefits of taking the program. I modified my SOP based on your feedback the last time. Hopefully it answers all the questions in VO's head. :-X

Renz: I am going to reapply today. Ill get an updated bank certificate first tapos I'll meet with my consultant after! I applied for BS Electronics Systems Engineer after graduating from BS ECE. But those are two different program under the scope of Electronics. So Im trying to prove my stand how it is beneficial to my career. Ikaw ba?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Venice1508 said:
I am going to lodge my application today but before I do so, I have one quick question. Is it relevant na ilagay ko sa LOE ko na may pending "transfer of credits" ako sa university to show them that its not necessary for me to take basic courses such as Math, Physics, etc. Nothing is final cause its not completed yet but the university is willing to send me a letter stating its in process. Relevant ba? or makakagulo lang.

I would like the VO to think that I won't need to take these first year courses to prevent redundancy.

Any insights?
This is unnecessary. Wag mo na ilagay, this doesn't have any bearing on your approval anyway

renz0724

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Venice1508 said:
Kuya Mic mic! Yes, I finally figured out what your gender is. Thanks to your wife and baby! 8) 8) 8)

Oo nga e, that's what I thought. Siguro super paranoid lang ako to make everything perfect. I think I won't get into transfer credit issue since that could impose a potential source of debate. I'll stick with the original thought. Highlight the benefits of taking the program. I modified my SOP based on your feedback the last time. Hopefully it answers all the questions in VO's head. :-X

Renz: I am going to reapply today. Ill get an updated bank certificate first tapos I'll meet with my consultant after! I applied for BS Electronics Systems Engineer after graduating from BS ECE. But those are two different program under the scope of Electronics. So Im trying to prove my stand how it is beneficial to my career. Ikaw ba?
1 year program in Business Management..for Sept intake..kakatense na malapit na ang start ng class... Sana in due time ibless tayo ni God and mareceive din natin before the class starts.. Go Venice submit na para hindi ka din mabitin kasi baka abutin tau ng months..we will never know..

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Teka, 1 year lang yung programs nyo? Hindi advisable yung 1 year programs if your intention is to apply for PR. Kukulangin ang 1 year PGWP to gain 1 year full time Canadian experience.

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Hello guys.

Unfortunately, I was not able to lodge my application yesterday as I was told by my consultant na ifoforward nya muna yung completed application sa RCIC (regulated canadian immigration consultant) na affiliated sa kanila. They just want to see what RCIC has to say before we submit it. The problem is, it would take a week for the RCIC to respond. So worst comes to worst, hindi nako aabot and I might have to move my start date to January. *sad

I don't know how reliable RCIC tho when predicting success rate. I don't know it its worth waiting since my only denial reason was "Purpose of Visit." But at the same time, I don't want to ignore the fact that it might help. I am pretty confident with my SOP but guys is there really a way to predict the success rate of approval?

This is my last shot since my parents want me to apply for Australia when I get refused again. But I really want CANADA. :'( :'( :'(
So I cannot have room for mistake. :-X

**Another question, totoo ba yung sinasabi na when your reapply, some VO may add "other grounds for refusal" that were not included on the first refusal? Diba kung ano lang naman nirefuse nila sayo is what you will address?

So paranoid after talking to my consultant. :eek: Can you guys shed some light on this? Thank you in advance. :-X

cgr

Jul 27, 2015
Venice1508 said:
Hello guys.

Unfortunately, I was not able to lodge my application yesterday as I was told by my consultant na ifoforward nya muna yung completed application sa RCIC (regulated canadian immigration consultant) na affiliated sa kanila. They just want to see what RCIC has to say before we submit it. The problem is, it would take a week for the RCIC to respond. So worst comes to worst, hindi nako aabot and I might have to move my start date to January. *sad

I don't know how reliable RCIC tho when predicting success rate. I don't know it its worth waiting since my only denial reason was "Purpose of Visit." But at the same time, I don't want to ignore the fact that it might help. I am pretty confident with my SOP but guys is there really a way to predict the success rate of approval?

This is my last shot since my parents want me to apply for Australia when I get refused again. But I really want CANADA. :'( :'( :'(

**Another question, totoo ba yung sinasabi na when your reapply, some VO may add "other grounds for refusal" that were not included on the first refusal? Diba kung ano lang naman nirefuse nila sayo is what you will address?

So paranoid after talking to my consultant. :eek: Can you guys shed some light on this? Thank you in advance. :-X
Hi venice, sorry for what happened in your first application. Kame ng husband ko at isang member rin dto wala pa result since ngapply kme ng july 15. Pero for me, as long as you defend your self sa second sop mo at string home ties mo at nasagot mo namn ng valid reason ang proof of travel mo i dont think na may pwede p sila ilagay na ibng reasons. Mas okay na kumuha k ng 2 yrs advanced diploma or kung man post grad ka. Meron rin ako consultantancy na ginamit as representatives try to get more help from ipacheck mo lhat ng papel mo saknla bgo mo ipasa since dapt alm nila kung ano ano ba ang tama at mali sa pgaapply. In your sop, ikuwento mo educational bg mo hanggang sa last employment mo at yun gusto mo iaddress. Pati plano mo after grad at pgbalik dto at kung paano mkktulong sayo ang pgstudy at kung bkt d ka dto mgaral ng course na yun. We cannot predict the vo's decision hehehe minsan sinsbe ng ibng tao weather weather sila hehe. Pero tiwala lng at dasal magging okay rin lhat. Good luck venice and to all of us!

renz0724

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Venice1508 said:
Hello guys.

Awww sorry to hear your news venice..ikaw pa nmn kabatchmate ko mga applicants 2.0 ..pero for my opinion kaya mo na ikaw lang magsend eh lalo na at malakas na ang sop mo so i guess makakalusot ka without the help ng mga consultants..pero ayun nga moving ahead goodluck with your application for next sem..ako din medyo worried na kasi I was given until aug 20 to email my school kung ok na visa ko or else case closed na and mag aapply ulit ako for jan sem na saknila so ayun...huhuhu..pero still hoping and praying really hard na makahabol and maging ok na ang lahat!

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Thank you cgr and renz for your prompt responses!!

Tama kayo, I am confident with my SOP so ipapasa ko na sya. I was told once "some VO may add new grounds of refusal that were not mentioned on the first refusal" Totoo kaya yon? To make sure, I added money on my bank and revised my SOP to a much stronger one. Kase what could RCIC possibly add onto it anyway? I bet you he/she would just say "okay good to go" and still no assurance if I would get the visa. So same thing lang.

I think renz batch 2.0 pa din ako!! Hehe Pag hindi ako naapprove dito, siguro hindi talaga ko para sa Canada. :'( I'll just take it that way. Everything has a reason and I'm still hoping that this is where I really belong. :D And do not worry, everything will fall into place. Pray lang tayo. Let's keep us all updated with our applications. GOODLUCK!!! :p :p :p

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^may extra bayad ba pag i-forward nila sa RCIC? Kung wala, there's no harm in having someone else look at it. Tutal, what's a few more months since you said naman this is your last chance :D I also remember having reservations about your choice of course and your employment history so I'm thinking baka may ma-advise sila sa iyo or they could do something to improve your chances.

Yes, it is very possible and actually quite common that the VO might have additional / new reasons to refuse your 2nd application. It has happened to many on this board. Unfortunately, approvals are a little subjective din.

Of course, it could be that you could pass your application right now and it will be approved the 2nd time around. Depende na yan sa yo if you want to take the risk :)

Walang 100% guarantee of approval talaga -- all we can do is to bolster our chances para closer to 100% ... good luck!