+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

markadrian25

Jul 26, 2015
Hi, i'm just new here in this forum. I'm currently now in Canada on a visitor visa (6 months single entry until December) to attend my aunt's wedding. I'm thinking of continuing my studies here, does anyone know if I can apply for a Study Permit while in Canada as visitor? How long does the process take? Btw, I'm 19 and a 2nd year in college. Thanks in advance!

canadaforashiea

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014 failed
File Transfer...
God is good. Praying
Med's Request
God is good. Praying
Med's Done....
God is good. Praying
Passport Req..
God is good. Praying
VISA ISSUED...
Amazing God
LANDED..........
In God I trust. Will continue to spread the goodness of Almighty
hello po guys,

nawala saglit lola mo..

im applying kc as SDS study direct stream., has anyone heard of it?
ung agent ko helping me to process and submit altogether my docs. worry lang n bka may malimot isama.

done with the upfront medical kasi one of the reqrment:

ask k lng po about NBI, sabi niece ko nid daw personal appearance, advice naman po.

and ung original IELTS ACA ko forwarded na sa UNI ko sa CA, puede pala na British council magsend directly sa uni, waley alam me kasi..pano kaya makarequest ulit?

salamat ng many po.

Godbless

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
markadrian25 said:
Hi, i'm just new here in this forum. I'm currently now in Canada on a visitor visa (6 months single entry until December) to attend my aunt's wedding. I'm thinking of continuing my studies here, does anyone know if I can apply for a Study Permit while in Canada as visitor? How long does the process take? Btw, I'm 19 and a 2nd year in college. Thanks in advance!
Hi, I had to research your query kasi hindi ko alam. Maybe there are others here who can be more detailed.
The answer so far is yes, you can apply for a student permit within Canada, as long as you have legal status there http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
Average processing time for a new student visa is 16 days, so I'm guessing yes, you can? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
You have to take your IELTS and get admitted to a school before you can proceed, pero kaya pa yan kasi hanggang December ka pa naman dyan.
Also, be prepared to explain why suddenly in the middle of your studies in the Philippines, you decided to cut it short and come to Canada.

*I hope someone from this thread can help you, coz that's all I know on this matter.

canadaforashiea said:
hello po guys,

Im applying kc as SDS study direct stream., has anyone heard of it?
ung agent ko helping me to process and submit altogether my docs. worry lang n bka may malimot isama.

done with the upfront medical kasi one of the reqrment:

ask k lng po about NBI, sabi niece ko nid daw personal appearance, advice naman po.

and ung original IELTS ACA ko forwarded na sa UNI ko sa CA, puede pala na British council magsend directly sa uni, waley alam me kasi..pano kaya makarequest ulit?

salamat ng many po.

Godbless
I have never heard of that, I'm guessing that's the special program for China. Pero hindi ba para sa mga Chinese nationals lang yan? (I could be wrong)

Re NBI Clearance: Are you living abroad pa? Here's the procedure: http://www.ofwguide.com/article_item-2258/nasa-abroad-ako--how-do-i-get-an-nbi-clearance-.html

For IELTS, no need to do that, you don't need to send an original copy to your intended university. Just scan it for online application or get a certified true copy if you're applying on paper.

canadaforashiea

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014 failed
File Transfer...
God is good. Praying
Med's Request
God is good. Praying
Med's Done....
God is good. Praying
Passport Req..
God is good. Praying
VISA ISSUED...
Amazing God
LANDED..........
scorpio1641 said:
Hi, I had to research your query kasi hindi ko alam. Maybe there are others here who can be more detailed.
The answer so far is yes, you can apply for a student permit within Canada, as long as you have legal status there http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
Average processing time for a new student visa is 16 days, so I'm guessing yes, you can? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
You have to take your IELTS and get admitted to a school before you can proceed, pero kaya pa yan kasi hanggang December ka pa naman dyan.
Also, be prepared to explain why suddenly in the middle of your studies in the Philippines, you decided to cut it short and come to Canada.

*I hope someone from this thread can help you, coz that's all I know on this matter.

I have never heard of that, I'm guessing that's the special program for China. Pero hindi ba para sa mga Chinese nationals lang yan? (I could be wrong)

Re NBI Clearance: Are you living abroad pa? Here's the procedure: http://www.ofwguide.com/article_item-2258/nasa-abroad-ako--how-do-i-get-an-nbi-clearance-.html

For IELTS, no need to do that, you don't need to send an original copy to your intended university. Just scan it for online application or get a certified true copy if you're applying on paper.
opo sabi nga daw for chinese but my agent inquired na and they said foreigner can apply too..fingers crossed and praying harder

i already sent the original in my UNI :( paano kaya..though i have scanned TRF test result form,hoping to get a copy of the original sana

Chenilynpekarta

Jun 15, 2015
@ MarkAdrian: If you wish to change your status, your application for a study permit has to be made outside Canada. It is safe for you to go home and apply at the visa office in Manila. You can secure an acceptance letter from the college whilst you're in Canada.

canadaforashiea

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014 failed
File Transfer...
God is good. Praying
Med's Request
God is good. Praying
Med's Done....
God is good. Praying
Passport Req..
God is good. Praying
VISA ISSUED...
Amazing God
LANDED..........
Chenilynpekarta said:
@ CanadaForAshiea: You can secure another copy from the British Council, but you have to pay for it.
Thanks Scorpions and Chenilyn..just saw my old file. I can pay online thru British Council then copy directly sa VFS or embassy...Thanks.
Its a wonderful world

NBI only left is a copy of the old one :(

Chenilynpekarta

Jun 15, 2015
@ Canadaforahiea: If you have queries regarding your NBI especially you're overseas, the Phil. Consulate may have the services that you need. Try to seek assistance from them.

Elapar

Jul 14, 2015
Hello!

Has anyone here applied by paper based through vfs during early July? I submitted mine July 3. I'm just really nervous right now since i still have no news yet from the embassy. I am for september intake and was hoping to leave by August 22 or 23. All my plans are pretty much on hold right now like packing and buying ticket. Hope to hear from someone sharing the same situation

renz0724

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Elapar said:
Hello!

Has anyone here applied by paper based through vfs during early July? I submitted mine July 3. I'm just really nervous right now since i still have no news yet from the embassy. I am for september intake and was hoping to leave by August 22 or 23. All my plans are pretty much on hold right now like packing and buying ticket. Hope to hear from someone sharing the same situation
Hi elapar we are in the same boat..i was refused for my first application but I relodge my 2nd application last july 31..so i am hoping that i will be able to receive my passport request this time with approve status..praying for gods blessing and grace..I am also for september intake and was also hoping to leave by August 20 with my gf or 23 if my visa will be delayed..another bad news is that my school in canada is only giving me until aug 20 to give them a copy of my visa approval..so I am already worried and tensed! I am just praying really really hard for it

cgr

Jul 27, 2015
Elapar said:
Hello!

Hi Elapar, even I applied through paper last June 15 with spouse dependent. Im done with my medical and the status is "PASSED" according to the clinic. Same with you im already anxious since i didn't receive any feedbacks from them until now. Im also sept intake and hoping to leave before last week of august. My consultantancy told me that they had clients before, they got their visas after 3 months but I'm really hoping that our visa won't take for more than 2 or 3 months. Hoping for the best and goodluck to all of us!

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
hi guys,

My question lang ako, out of the blue question actually.

We are frustrated applicant of FSW, our documents was returned late June so we already received our UCI number. In our application for student permit, we have indicated our UCI number from our previous application.

Upon request for medical for SP, I've noticed that I have a new UCI number. Is it something I should bothered? Just curious.

renz0724

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
maryjoane said:
hi guys,

My question lang ako, out of the blue question actually.

We are frustrated applicant of FSW, our documents was returned late June so we already received our UCI number. In our application for student permit, we have indicated our UCI number from our previous application.

Upon request for medical for SP, I've noticed that I have a new UCI number. Is it something I should bothered? Just curious.

Hi maryjoane question for what intake ka? so meaning your fist application was refused din?did you relodge na ba your application?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Our First application was FSW. Hindi siya deny actually, returned document kasi exceeded the maximum applicant.

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Hi Venice1508, sorry hindi na ako nkpag reply, hope ok na application mo. Ahaha, nalilito talaga sa usernames, naging Ate kami ni MicMic tapos Kuya Scorpio! Lol pero ok lng talaga, pero parang pa ulit2x ang ate saka she kay MicMic! Hahaha

Hello Aly, sa Alberta ka din ba pero sa Calgary ata kayo ni Erwinjohn diba?

All the best for your wife & baby MicMic! ;)

Good luck & God Bless sa mga mag aapply lalo na sa mga mag re reapply! ☺