+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

janeleynes

Jan 6, 2015
hello everyone!
balak ko pong mag apply ng study visa sa canada this year kaso may history of breaking immigration law po ako. i've been tnt in korea for 10 years. nag-aalala po me baka mareject ako dahil doon, may alam po ba kayong pwede kong mapagtanungan or mag back up ng application ko na visa agent or adviser? thank you po.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
janeleynes said:
hello everyone!
balak ko pong mag apply ng study visa sa canada this year kaso may history of breaking immigration law po ako. i've been tnt in korea for 10 years. nag-aalala po me baka mareject ako dahil doon, may alam po ba kayong pwede kong mapagtanungan or mag back up ng application ko na visa agent or adviser? thank you po.
Hello, alam ko po mahigpit ang Canada sa immigration rules, kaya po karamihan ng mga VO ni rerefuse ang application dahil hindi mapatunayan ng applicant na babalik pa sila ng pilipinas after studying there. pero try niyo din po mag tanong tanong dito kung may kakilala silang agency to help you Regarding your concern, mejo mahirap po kasi lalo nat nag TNT kayo :(

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Floje said:
Thanks po! Yes! Best of luck to us all! :)

By the way, are you applying with your husband and kids?
Nope, ako lang a-apply, sunod nalang sila if we can afford it na.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
ask ko lang. meron na kong visit visa multiple entry. if mag-apply ako ng study permit, mapapalitan ba ang visa stamp ko sa passport? pano ko pala malalaman yung approved study permit period ko kung hanggang kelan kung halimbawa yung passport ko expiring next year tapos 2 years ang course ko.

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Hey tipsy,

From what I read before and from my conversation with international departments of schools (Ryerson, Humber, Sheridan), you're visa's validity cannot go beyond that of your passport's. So you might also have to renew your permit when that day comes. Some students were even required to renew their permits every year even if they had a 2-year program.

I hope you can answer my question previously posted regarding your denied application at Ryerson. My question was at what point did they told you that you were not qualified? :) Was it during the preliminary assessment or once it was forwarded to the concerned department? I'm already done with the first assessment so I'm just waiting for the department's decision in the following weeks :)

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
Hey guys!

been a while :D

I arrived at Van one month ago and I'm currently enjoying the city :D

To those who just arrived, I suggest you download the "transit" application on your phones, to guide you on where to ride if you decide to commute. :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Guys sino po dito ang still waiting for PPR?:)

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wondergirl1992 said:
Hey guys!

To those who just arrived, I suggest you download the "transit" application on your phones, to guide you on where to ride if you decide to commute. :D

Hi wondergirl!

Great that you're enjoying Van. Will definitely ask you a lot of questions when i get my visa ;D

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
Hey tipsy,

From what I read before and from my conversation with international departments of schools (Ryerson, Humber, Sheridan), you're visa's validity cannot go beyond that of your passport's. So you might also have to renew your permit when that day comes. Some students were even required to renew their permits every year even if they had a 2-year program.

I hope you can answer my question previously posted regarding your denied application at Ryerson. My question was at what point did they told you that you were not qualified? :) Was it during the preliminary assessment or once it was forwarded to the concerned department? I'm already done with the first assessment so I'm just waiting for the department's decision in the following weeks :)
Actually, di pako nag-apply sa ryerson, i just sent email to all ontario university, inisa isa ko lahat ng university sa ontario. Unfortunately, isa si ryerson ang nagsabi na required nila may masters ang student from phils. kahit wala sa website nila. actually hindi nga lang ontario inemail ko halos lahat ng university sa canada kasi na disappoint ako nung nakita ko sa UTM na dpat may masters ang mga pinoy.

Katulad ng univ of manitoba, d ako pede, pero univ of alberta pwede, univ of calgary, d pede, univ of sask, pede ako plus scholarship pa.in the end, univ of ottawa, univ of alberta, vancouver island univ at western ontario univ mga inapplyan ko.

balak ko feb 1 apply sa windsor kaso wl pa kasi sagot univ of ottawa, univ of alberta at western ontario univ sakin. VIU lang with 10k requirements.

prepare ko ontario kaya kahit humber go na ko INCASE na d ako matnggap sa univ of ottawaat western ontario univ. ung alberta last options na tlaga like VIU.

balitaan mko sa humber mo. kasi wl pang reply sakin at walang bawas sa card ko.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
wandermom said:
Nope, ako lang a-apply, sunod nalang sila if we can afford it na.
Ah, ok po ma'am. :)

wondergirl1992 said:
Hey guys!

Congrats po sa inyo Ma'am. :)

Feb 4, 2015
Hi everyone.
I am new here.I am planning to go to Canada too, hopefully by 2016. I am learning a lot from the previous conversations. @erwinjohn997, I think we're on the same path, i am enrolling in BVC, Alberta too :-D

Feb 1, 2015
wondergirl1992 said:
Hey guys!

Congratz sa inyo @wondergirl1992!

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
tipsy said:
Actually, di pako nag-apply sa ryerson, i just sent email to all ontario university, inisa isa ko lahat ng university sa ontario. Unfortunately, isa si ryerson ang nagsabi na required nila may masters ang student from phils. kahit wala sa website nila. actually hindi nga lang ontario inemail ko halos lahat ng university sa canada kasi na disappoint ako nung nakita ko sa UTM na dpat may masters ang mga pinoy.

Katulad ng univ of manitoba, d ako pede, pero univ of alberta pwede, univ of calgary, d pede, univ of sask, pede ako plus scholarship pa.in the end, univ of ottawa, univ of alberta, vancouver island univ at western ontario univ mga inapplyan ko.

balak ko feb 1 apply sa windsor kaso wl pa kasi sagot univ of ottawa, univ of alberta at western ontario univ sakin. VIU lang with 10k requirements.

prepare ko ontario kaya kahit humber go na ko INCASE na d ako matnggap sa univ of ottawaat western ontario univ. ung alberta last options na tlaga like VIU.

balitaan mko sa humber mo. kasi wl pang reply sakin at walang bawas sa card ko.
Hey tipsy!

Thank you for the clarifications! Yeah, U of T was also a bit strict on that part. Maybe you can also try York University. I emailed the department and while it's true that applicants from pinas need to have a masters, there are instances that they can let you apply via non-standard application. They invited me to apply via the non-standard application route but the cost was very prohibitive for me :D U of Calgary is also ok. I showed them my credentials when I was inquiring and ok naman sila. :)

Regarding Humber, there were compatibility issues with my computer and their files so I ended up sending it via courier and then I heard from them after a week. Then around 4 weeks after, I got an offer letter na. I actually have the offer letter na since December for the Sept intake but I'm still waiting for Ryerson until end of this month before I lodge my application para masabi na I exhausted all my options :D

Question to our seniors/masters:
Is it imperative to pay part of the tuition prior to applying? On the offer letter, it just says something like: "present this to the visa officer when applying for the study permit..." and I can't seem to find in the CIC website any rules regarding to this. Would proof of funds be suffice instead?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
U of T was also a bit strict on that part. Maybe you can also try York University.
i found this link http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/country/philippines kaya di nako nag apply

They invited me to apply via the non-standard application route but the cost was very prohibitive for me U of Calgary is also ok.
ganyan din sila nung una, vinerify nila TOR ko then sabi imeet the min. requirements kaya pede ako mag-apply then nung pinacoconfirm ko kung outdated na yung link http://grad.ucalgary.ca/prospective/international-students/international-admission-requirements/asia/philippines

sabay reply, sorry, you are right.

Regarding Humber, there were compatibility issues with my computer and their files so I ended up sending it via courier and then I heard from them after a week.
exactly after 1 week may email sila? pede mo ba ishare yung contact person at contact no. kasi in case na wala pa din, ill call them bka dpat magre-apply ako....

thanks!

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
CityofSmilesGirl said:
Hi everyone.
I am new here.I am planning to go to Canada too, hopefully by 2016. I am learning a lot from the previous conversations. @ erwinjohn997, I think we're on the same path, i am enrolling in BVC, Alberta too :-D
Wow, cityofsmile. Kita kits nalang tayo sa BVC, what course are you going to take? disability studies yung course na kukunin ko since BVC lang yung may ganung offer sa alberta. Sana maging okay application nating lahat :) mukhang matagal ang processing ng online applicant ngayon, until now wala padin update sa application ko... :/