+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
tipsy said:
i found this link http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/country/philippines kaya di nako nag apply

ganyan din sila nung una, vinerify nila TOR ko then sabi imeet the min. requirements kaya pede ako mag-apply then nung pinacoconfirm ko kung outdated na yung link http://grad.ucalgary.ca/prospective/international-students/international-admission-requirements/asia/philippines

sabay reply, sorry, you are right.

exactly after 1 week may email sila? pede mo ba ishare yung contact person at contact no. kasi in case na wala pa din, ill call them bka dpat magre-apply ako....

thanks!
Hello!

-Yup, that link from York exists but it depends on the program pa din. Sociology for example strictly enforces it. They were nice though since they still confirmed with the admission before confirming with me. The Environment program naman checked my credentials and said that while I do need a masters prior to applying, I qualify for the "non-standard" application process. I just have to write a letter why I like and find the program suitable to my background. Sa tuition fee lang ako umayaw hehe

Regarding humber, it's around one week since they got my documents via mail. different staffs will contact you at different times. One is for confirming that they got your documentss. One is for giving you a student number and one is for sending you the offer letter. I even got 2 offer letters since the firs one had mistake. Please take not that the emails you receive has emphasis on "do not reply" to emails they sent you. You can email it naman on their official emails.

Did you send yours electronically of via courier? If electronically, dapat almost real time yun :)

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
Hello!

-Yup, that link from York exists but it depends on the program pa din. Sociology for example strictly enforces it. They were nice though since they still confirmed with the admission before confirming with me. The Environment program naman checked my credentials and said that while I do need a masters prior to applying, I qualify for the "non-standard" application process. I just have to write a letter why I like and find the program suitable to my background. Sa tuition fee lang ako umayaw hehe

Regarding humber, it's around one week since they got my documents via mail. different staffs will contact you at different times. One is for confirming that they got your documentss. One is for giving you a student number and one is for sending you the offer letter. I even got 2 offer letters since the firs one had mistake. Please take not that the emails you receive has emphasis on "do not reply" to emails they sent you. You can email it naman on their official emails.

Did you send yours electronically of via courier? If electronically, dapat almost real time yun :)
I sent thru email kasi nung pmunta ko sa apply per country, punta ko pinas tpos may parang pdf form. pinillupan ko by upper n lower case tpos send this form nklgay dun thru courier email or fax. sinend ko thru email. pro upto now wl p din bawas credit card ko. ngtry ako mgcall kaso answering machine lang. dko lam kung uulitin ko thru apply online uli kc bk mdoble bayad ko. late ko n kasi nkita ung apply online.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
hi micmic, pede bang makahingi ng kopya mg offer letter ng humber sau or
pakitingnan naman kung anong numero ng telepono nakalagay kasi nung tumawag ako answering machine lang ng humber. iniwan ko numero ko to callback wala nman tumatawag sakin. nagpapanic nko kc feb 6 na e nung feb1 ang deadline ng priority applicants.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Guys have some time to read this.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

As of February 2, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is no longer issuing confirmation to work off campus documents. If you were previously issued a confirmation to work off campus document by CIC, you may continue to present it to Service Canada in order to apply for a SIN.

Mas pinadali na nila :)

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
wandermom said:
Hi tipsy!

Thank you for your reply. Actually, that's what im expecting too. But they did not include the health insurance in the quotation, they instead recommended guard.me (health insurance provider) that costs US$5/day that's why im looking for a cheaper alternative. Whats your health insurance provider?

Hope you can recommend something cheaper than guard.me ;D
Halos same lang prices ng insurance dito sa BC. Magiiba lang depende sa policy and coverage na kukunin mo. I think mas mura ung guard.me kasi yan din yung inoffer ng school ko before I got my MSP.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Floje said:
I finally figured it out na.

Therefore, I conclude that I should get a study permit first before having my spouse apply for a work permit. Sorry for being so slow. :p
When you submit your application for SP.. kasabay na din application ng spouse for OWP.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
wondergirl1992 said:
Hey guys!

been a while :D

I arrived at Van one month ago and I'm currently enjoying the city :D

To those who just arrived, I suggest you download the "transit" application on your phones, to guide you on where to ride if you decide to commute. :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask :D
Welcome to Vancouver!! :)

jyraine24

Feb 6, 2015
I am no longer a Minor and already married. Both parents are in Canada, I want to get a student visa because I am not finish with school yet and would like to pursue nursing there. Is there a chance I will get refused even if already enrolled at Canada?

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
frustratedcanadian said:
When you submit your application for SP.. kasabay na din application ng spouse for OWP.
Thanks po! :)

Kasama nyo rin po ba spouse nyo sa Canada?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
jyraine24 said:
I am no longer a Minor and already married. Both parents are in Canada, I want to get a student visa because I am not finish with school yet and would like to pursue nursing there. Is there a chance I will get refused even if already enrolled at Canada?
As far as I know, your parents can still sponsor you as long as you are still a full-time student in the Philippines and show that you are still dependent on them.

jyraine24

Feb 6, 2015
frustratedcanadian said:
As far as I know, your parents can still sponsor you as long as you are still a full-time student in the Philippines and show that you are still dependent on them.
Well the think is, I stopped studying when I got married because I was pregnant. So now instead of continuing it here I was hoping to study there in Canada instead. Because we applied for sinp buy denied bec. I did not finshed my course. Do you have any suggestions. Because I really missed my parents and siblings and they are all there. BTW I am already on my late 20s.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frustratedcanadian said:
Halos same lang prices ng insurance dito sa BC. Magiiba lang depende sa policy and coverage na kukunin mo. I think mas mura ung guard.me kasi yan din yung inoffer ng school ko before I got my MSP.
Thank you frustrated canadian!

I think I'll go with guard.me if thats the cheapest :). But before that, sana my application will be succesful. Still awaiting for my LOA. Gumagawa pa ng drafts ng SOP ko, ang hirap. Heheh

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
tipsy said:
hi micmic, pede bang makahingi ng kopya mg offer letter ng humber sau or
pakitingnan naman kung anong numero ng telepono nakalagay kasi nung tumawag ako answering machine lang ng humber. iniwan ko numero ko to callback wala nman tumatawag sakin. nagpapanic nko kc feb 6 na e nung feb1 ang deadline ng priority applicants.
Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

The letter just has the general contact details. Here they are :)
Contact Information: 416-675-5067, Fax: 416-675-6386, email: intladmissions@humber.ca

Did you apply via Ontario Colleges or straight sa Humber?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
Did you apply via Ontario Colleges or straight sa Humber?
I applied straight to Humber via email. Unfortunately no reply.

Waiting for UotOttawa/UWO/UofA til this end of month then I will apply study permit. It's prolonging the stress...

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
tipsy said:
I applied straight to Humber via email. Unfortunately no reply.

Waiting for UotOttawa/UWO/UofA til this end of month then I will apply study permit. It's prolonging the stress...
Hi! Actually Humber yung first choice ko sa Ontario kaya lang ganyan din nangyari sa akin -- I sent my application. I got a notice of acceptance naman plus they deducted the application fee from my credit card. Kaya lang when I was asking them for my LoA, it took them a looooooooong time to reply, despite repeated e-mails, phone calls to their international number, twitter, FB lol ... they eventually sent it to me pero wala na, na-turn off na ako.