+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@dh5689: Hi there! As you have had previous work experience already in Canada (I would assume), I would think they would be more lenient towards your application? As long as you submit the requirements, it would be reasonable that they grant you a study permit, and you can state that you wish to upgrade your career by further studies.

@wondergirl1992: Yep, it is indeed a case to case basis, and in micmic's case, he has mentioned that he's considering to study health sciences. If given the choice, I would advise him to go for health science in the end, but he can apply for admission under a business course so that it'll be easier for him to get a study permit.

I don't have anything against people studying business, as I was once also a management student hahaha, but career prospects in Canada (in my opinion) are brighter for those in health science. I understand that you don't have any intention of settling in Canada :) The point I want to make is about what comes after graduation.

For those who do want to emigrate to Canada and pursue a corporate career, a bare minimum would be to have a Canadian degree in a business course from a major university.

@businessgirl2014: I think landing a corporate job in Canada is way harder than just having a good credential. From experience, it actually depends on a lot of networking. A good background can only take you so far, and I admittedly am not very good at making connections. hahahaha If you're the type of person who can easily meet people and expand your network, then I think you would be a good fit for corporate position.

Sorry to hear about your refusal though. I don't think it was because of the course you chose, there are probably other factors that influenced the result of your application...

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
humdrumdum said:
@ dh5689: Hi there! As you have had previous work experience already in Canada (I would assume), I would think they would be more lenient towards your application? As long as you submit the requirements, it would be reasonable that they grant you a study permit, and you can state that you wish to upgrade your career by further studies.

@ wondergirl1992: Yep, it is indeed a case to case basis, and in micmic's case, he has mentioned that he's considering to study health sciences. If given the choice, I would advise him to go for health science in the end, but he can apply for admission under a business course so that it'll be easier for him to get a study permit.

I don't have anything against people studying business, as I was once also a management student hahaha, but career prospects in Canada (in my opinion) are brighter for those in health science. I understand that you don't have any intention of settling in Canada :) The point I want to make is about what comes after graduation.

For those who do want to emigrate to Canada and pursue a corporate career, a bare minimum would be to have a Canadian degree in a business course from a major university.

@ businessgirl2014: I think landing a corporate job in Canada is way harder than just having a good credential. From experience, it actually depends on a lot of networking. A good background can only take you so far, and I admittedly am not very good at making connections. hahahaha If you're the type of person who can easily meet people and expand your network, then I think you would be a good fit for corporate position.

Sorry to hear about your refusal though. I don't think it was because of the course you chose, there are probably other factors that influenced the result of your application...
reason was funds hehe.. :)

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
businessgirl2014 said:
reason was funds hehe.. :)
What r ur proof of funds and how much?
Now im kinda worried too :(

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
humdrumdum said:
@ dh5689: Hi there! As you have had previous work experience already in Canada (I would assume), I would think they would be more lenient towards your application? As long as you submit the requirements, it would be reasonable that they grant you a study permit, and you can state that you wish to upgrade your career by further studies.

@ wondergirl1992: Yep, it is indeed a case to case basis, and in micmic's case, he has mentioned that he's considering to study health sciences. If given the choice, I would advise him to go for health science in the end, but he can apply for admission under a business course so that it'll be easier for him to get a study permit.

@ businessgirl2014: I think landing a corporate job in Canada is way harder than just having a good credential. From experience, it actually depends on a lot of networking. A good background can only take you so far, and I admittedly am not very good at making connections. hahahaha If you're the type of person who can easily meet people and expand your network, then I think you would be a good fit for corporate position.

I see, well i guess u r right regarding the job placements you will get if u r into business. :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
wondergirl1992 said:
What r ur proof of funds and how much?
Now im kinda worried too :(
full quote was: (x)have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the costs of transporting yourself and any accompanying family member you to and from canada --ito ung naka mark na x.. hehe..

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
businessgirl2014 said:
full quote was: (x)have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the costs of transporting yourself and any accompanying family member you to and from canada --ito ung naka mark na x.. hehe..
What proof of funds did you show? And estimated amt? Coz mine is 1.5m and 5 land titles, and im scared it is not enough :(

richies_boss

Jul 19, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
Magkanong amount ang nilagay mo businessgirl2014? Im putting 1.5 for me and my husband. 1 land title, 2cars, my business etc. And support from my parents...
Super hirap pala ang mag apply. The waiting is killing me. Tsk2x parang aatakihin ako sa puso. What do u think?? Ok na kaya to para sa couples like us? Or kulang pa?

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
richies_boss said:
Magkanong amount ang nilagay mo businessgirl2014? Im putting 1.5 for me and my husband. 1 land title, 2cars, my business etc. And support from my parents...
Super hirap pala ang mag apply. The waiting is killing me. Tsk2x parang aatakihin ako sa puso. What do u think?? Ok na kaya to para sa couples like us? Or kulang pa?
Same here. I am not so used with disappointments so, i am really anxious ever since nagsubmit, it ako. D ko ata kakayanin pag narefuse akooo huhu

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
richies_boss said:
1.5M, 3 cars, 2 land titles, proof of business (oil palm business, shown how much average per harvest), payslips amounting to 100k per month (both parents salary).. yan lang matatandaan ko. .we are ordering caips notes..:) dont worry guys, do not be bothered by my rejection kasi it's always case to case basis.. uhm, my agent told me someone was also rejected for the same reason but as it turns out, iba ang nakasulat sa caips notes.. so to those who are rejected, i would suggest to also use them.. cheer up guys, it's a heartbreak for me, not for u. lol.. i would have wanted di na nga lang reapply but my agents insisted to do so..

richies_boss

Jul 19, 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Same here. I am not so used with disappointments so, i am really anxious ever since nagsubmit, it ako. D ko ata kakayanin pag narefuse akooo huhu
Sis wondergirl1992 parang ok ung profile mo.. natapos mo na medical mo sana tuloy2x na.☺ pray lang tayo lahat sis. Kabado nga ako kasi dalawa kami mag aapply yung hubby ko ang mag aaral tas ako ay TRV and OWP. Sabay kaming mag apply. Sana everything will fall into places. Sana good news.. huhuhu wala pa naman akong nakitang story na sabay nag apply yung mag asawa.

businessgirl2014 said:
1.5M, 3 cars, 2 land titles, proof of business (oil palm business, shown how much average per harvest), payslips amounting to 100k per month (both parents salary).. yan lang matatandaan ko. .we are ordering caips notes..:) dont worry guys, do not be bothered by my rejection kasi it's always case to case basis.. uhm, my agent told me someone was also rejected for the same reason but as it turns out, iba ang nakasulat sa caips notes.. so to those who are rejected, i would suggest to also use them.. cheer up guys, it's a heartbreak for me, not for u. lol.. i would have wanted di na nga lang reapply but my agents insisted to do so..
Wwhhhhaaattt?? :eek: mag isa ka lang tas kulang pa yan as show money??? Ano ba yan.. lalo tuloy ako kinabahan... huhuhu ano na balak mo sis?? Mag aapply ka ulit?

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
@businessgirl2014 - Haaayyy nkklungkot nman businessgirl2014, ur pain is also our pain, kasi siyempre damayan tayo dito. Grabe ilang milyon ba kailangan nila? Sana itry ko ulit... marami naman naaapprove sa sdcond try ee. Keep the faith!

@richies_boss - oo nga grabe. :( ang masakit kasi pag narefuse is parang nagtapon ka ng $150 :( maraming stories sa forum na to na sabay nagapply ang mag asawa, at marami ring na approve kaya wag mawalan ng pag asa! Kaya natin to XD sana lang umabot ako sa jan intake :(

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
wondergirl1992 said:
@ businessgirl2014 - Haaayyy nkklungkot nman businessgirl2014, ur pain is also our pain, kasi siyempre damayan tayo dito. Grabe ilang milyon ba kailangan nila? Sana itry ko ulit... marami naman naaapprove sa sdcond try ee. Keep the faith!

@ richies_boss - oo nga grabe. :( ang masakit kasi pag narefuse is parang nagtapon ka ng $150 :( maraming stories sa forum na to na sabay nagapply ang mag asawa, at marami ring na approve kaya wag mawalan ng pag asa! Kaya natin to XD sana lang umabot ako sa jan intake :(
Hey guys! Keep the faith & never loose hope! You are correct, my husband & I applied together online, for my SP & him as my dependent with TRV & OWP. We got here in good hands in God's loving graces. Keep on asking. (I, for one, now ask for sound mind & health to get good grades in school now, I think God never gets tired hearing us, hehe.) Ang inisip ko lang is that you'll never know not until you try, right? Good luck guys!

doppleganger

Feb 1, 2014
Hi to all!

Newbie here ;)

I'd like to ask for advice. One of my concerns is the proof of funds/show money.

My prospective course is 33 weeks - Computer Network Technician sa SIAST Saskatchewan. Tuition is about 650K for the whole duration.

Di po ba 10,000 CAD ang required? That would be around 400K Php?

So kung magsusubmit ako ng proof of funds, pwede na kaya ito:

1. 10,000 CAD plus yung Tuition Fee (kung unpaid pa) or
2. 10,000 CAD plus proof/receipt that Tuition Fees are paid?

Although it's advisable kung mas maraming baon na pera :D assessing my funds baka hangang sa total amount of tuition fee+10K Cad lang kaya ko as of now (650K + 400K = 1.050K+++)

Based po sa info above may mga nabasa ako about the 1.5M Php, plus properties, etc. Acceptable form of proof po ba ang properties. Our family house is under my name and my sister's, together w/ the faimily Car nakapangalan sa aming dalawa. Can I use these too, kahit joint owner kami ng kapatid ko?

Obtw, I am currently working in Singapore for 3 years now.

Your thoughts, guys?

Thanks for the reply in advance!

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
doppleganger said:
Hi to all!

Newbie here ;)

I'd like to ask for advice. One of my concerns is the proof of funds/show money.

My prospective course is 33 weeks - Computer Network Technician sa SIAST Saskatchewan. Tuition is about 650K for the whole duration.

Di po ba 10,000 CAD ang required? That would be around 400K Php?

So kung magsusubmit ako ng proof of funds, pwede na kaya ito:

1. 10,000 CAD plus yung Tuition Fee (kung unpaid pa) or
2. 10,000 CAD plus proof/receipt that Tuition Fees are paid?

Although it's advisable kung mas maraming baon na pera :D assessing my funds baka hangang sa total amount of tuition fee+10K Cad lang kaya ko as of now (650K + 400K = 1.050K+++)

Based po sa info above may mga nabasa ako about the 1.5M Php, plus properties, etc. Acceptable form of proof po ba ang properties. Our family house is under my name and my sister's, together w/ the faimily Car nakapangalan sa aming dalawa. Can I use these too, kahit joint owner kami ng kapatid ko?

Obtw, I am currently working in Singapore for 3 years now.

Your thoughts, guys?

Thanks for the reply in advance!

It is suppose to be 10000 CAD excluding tuition fee :)
You can include any property that you own, and ung pagmamayari ng sponsor mo. However, if you have a sponsor, you must include an affidavit of support from the sponsor, and it should be notarized as well :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
richies_boss said:
Sis wondergirl1992 parang ok ung profile mo.. natapos mo na medical mo sana tuloy2x na.☺ pray lang tayo lahat sis. Kabado nga ako kasi dalawa kami mag aapply yung hubby ko ang mag aaral tas ako ay TRV and OWP. Sabay kaming mag apply. Sana everything will fall into places. Sana good news.. huhuhu wala pa naman akong nakitang story na sabay nag apply yung mag asawa.

Wwhhhhaaattt?? :eek: mag isa ka lang tas kulang pa yan as show money??? Ano ba yan.. lalo tuloy ako kinabahan... huhuhu ano na balak mo sis?? Mag aapply ka ulit?
ii thnk it's not really as much as kung how much ba but kung ung money ba will sustain my stay in canada without working.. ang point nung reason is although i have funds daw, it's not enough to sustain my stay without working kuno.. hehe.. but like i said, someone sa agency din daw was refused for the same reason so they ordered caips notes, and as it turns out, iba ung nakalagay dun, mas specific details kc vague masyado ung sa refusal.. also included in the caips notes are suggestions how to 'solve' the issues.. so yeap, habang may buhay mag pag asa.. but seriously guys, let's all hope and pray for the best..