+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hello I just need your thoughts on this

got approved for student visa yet I just have another inquiry maybe you know about it..

I received my passport and letter of confirmation that student visa application has been approved. But I am confused with the dates stamped on the TRV because it was from Aug. 11, 2014 - April 7, 2015. What does it mean? Is the study permit valid only on that dates too? I was told student permits and TRV's are more likely in the same length so now I am confused because the application that I submitted online stated that I am applying for student permit and temporary resident visa and my classes starts on January 7, 2015- December 11, 2015 along with the confirmation letter from the school that confirms my program and study date.

Also, on the package that was sent along with the passport, is a document that confirms the approval of the application, which i believe is the port of entry letter, however at the bottom of the letter it says permit details and type of permit is WP, will this be the same as Student Permit, I know WP stands for work permit, Is this something new because rules for student visa has changed? Or was it a wrong one?

Tried sending an email to CiC but no reply yet.. It's almost a month that I contacted CIC Manila but no response yet.. Will I be able to enter Canada with this type of visa? Please advise

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
hopeful83 said:
Yes that's the best thing to do. dito kana mag apply online at least they could see the address na within canada na. Yung TRV same expiration date ba sa yo? yung anak mo sana dito nlng nag aral. sa husband ko madali lng na approve then yun lang reqt's scanned copy. pwede ko ma send yung mga filled up form nya wla masyadong details kasi opem work permit no need for job offer.
Thanks sa advice hopeful83. Actually, meron na sila TRV bago pa ako nag student visa. 4 years ang validity ng visit visa nila

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. Ask ko lang sa proof of funds, yun bank records for the past 24 months means the length ng time na naka open yun account right? kase diba 6 months bank statement lang ang needed sa application?

Also sa proof of accommodation, If I were to stay with a friend for the first 2 weeks then doon na ako mag hahanap ng house share, what do I need to provide? Do I need to provide proof of accommodation ba? Please help seniors, Salamat po :)

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
hopeful83 said:
Yes that's the best thing to do. dito kana mag apply online at least they could see the address na within canada na. Yung TRV same expiration date ba sa yo? yung anak mo sana dito nlng nag aral. sa husband ko madali lng na approve then yun lang reqt's scanned copy. pwede ko ma send yung mga filled up form nya wla masyadong details kasi opem work permit no need for job offer.
question po ulit, hopeful. yung TRV ba ng hubby mo is w-1 (worker)? o v-1 (Visitor) din?

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
mumay14 said:
question po ulit, hopeful. yung TRV ba ng hubby mo is w-1 (worker)? o v-1 (Visitor) din?
Open work permit talaga case type 54. separate paper na cya kamukha nung study permit.

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
sweetnovember14 said:
Hello everyone. Ask ko lang sa proof of funds, yun bank records for the past 24 months means the length ng time na naka open yun account right? kase diba 6 months bank statement lang ang needed sa application?

Also sa proof of accommodation, If I were to stay with a friend for the first 2 weeks then doon na ako mag hahanap ng house share, what do I need to provide? Do I need to provide proof of accommodation ba? Please help seniors, Salamat po :)
Sa proof of funds, the longer na open ang acct the better. yup, you're right. print ka lng ng last 6 months.
Sa proof of accomodation with my case I have submitted proof of funds depende sa requirement ng realtor or landlord and then mas maigi if your friend will also co-sign. sa akin yun sis n law ko nag co-sign kasi cya yung may credit history.

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful83 said:
Sa proof of funds, the longer na open ang acct the better. yup, you're right. print ka lng ng last 6 months.
Sa proof of accomodation with my case I have submitted proof of funds depende sa requirement ng realtor or landlord and then mas maigi if your friend will also co-sign. sa akin yun sis n law ko nag co-sign kasi cya yung may credit history.

Thanks hopeful83, appreciate this :).

May question po ulit e sa pag pass po ng application for SP, do we need to present proof of accommodation with the application? I mean hahanapin ba ito ng VO? and what if hindi ako nag avail ng broading sa school kase I'll be staying at my friends house first then after doon na maghahanap ng house share. I'm not sure kase po if needed ba mag avail ng broading sa school as proof of accommodation para sa VO?

And pag nag opt for online application, may limit ba sa capacity ng pag upload ng mga support documents? kase parang ang daming needed e like 6 month of bank statements and etc.

Pls. give me po some insights mga seniors, Maraming salamat po :D

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
sweetnovember14 said:

May question po ulit e sa pag pass po ng application for SP, do we need to present proof of accommodation with the application? I mean hahanapin ba ito ng VO? and what if hindi ako nag avail ng broading sa school kase I'll be staying at my friends house first then after doon na maghahanap ng house share. I'm not sure kase po if needed ba mag avail ng broading sa school as proof of accommodation para sa VO?

And pag nag opt for online application, may limit ba sa capacity ng pag upload ng mga support documents? kase parang ang daming needed e like 6 month of bank statements and etc.

No need yung accommodation. sa limit ng pag upload hindi ko alam kasi nag agency ako. pero i think wla nmn cguro.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sweetnovember14 said:

Hello. If you want you can ask a letter from your friend na you'll be staying with her (with her address). And/or you can write it in your letter if explanation about the accommodations.. Regarding sa limit ng docs, you can put everything you want as long as hindi magexcess sa 2MB/file.

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
sweetnovember14 said:

I agree with hopeful & aly. I didn't mention where my husband & I will be staying(because we really don't know anybody in the place,but in God's graces, the Filipino community here & some locals are very good-hearted that they gave us stuff&furnitures!). But I think it's up to you to include that matter in ur SoP.
No limit of docus uploaded. Just classify documents you want to add in the correct section. And be careful with the upload file cap limit.
Good luck!

Sensya po,hindi palagi maka-visit sa forum, we haven't opted for an internet service in our new place(being budgety kc,wala pa kami nkikitang work ni mister ko).We have free internet @school,though. The service is so fast,imagine how many students,staff&faculty users but mabilis pa din!

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
Hello all!,

I am going to apply for a study permit online. Just wondering about the processing time for study permit Philippine VO.

Thanks in advance!

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
pookieee said:
Hello all!,

I am going to apply for a study permit online. Just wondering about the processing time for study permit Philippine VO.

Thanks in advance!
My online application took a month & a half including receipt of stamped passport. I think it took that long because SLEC Global submitted medical results almost a month after. After medical results were in, it took like a week for the approval result, then PPR, & courier back of PP. I was working then, so deduct like a week for the delays my work schedule constrained me to go to medical & submit passport right away.

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
Torque78 said:
My online application took a month & a half including receipt of stamped passport. I think it took that long because SLEC Global submitted medical results almost a month after. After medical results were in, it took like a week for the approval result, then PPR, & courier back of PP. I was working then, so deduct like a week for the delays my work schedule constrained me to go to medical & submit passport right away.
Thank you for your response.

I am from visa-exempt country and medical exam has been done on July 2014. I guess it would be much faster process for me! ;)

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Hello. If you want you can ask a letter from your friend na you'll be staying with her (with her address). And/or you can write it in your letter if explanation about the accommodations.. Regarding sa limit ng docs, you can put everything you want as long as hindi magexcess sa 2MB/file.
Thank you aly911, noted. :)