+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

KiMango

Aug 22, 2014
khoykhoy said:
Police report or police clearance? Kasi if meron ka nang nbi dapat hindi na sila hihingi ng police clearance.
Police clearance po pala. Sorry. Hindi din po ako nagsubmit ng NBI clearance dahil inaantay ko din po yung request nila.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hello I just need your thoughts on this

got approved for student visa yet I just have another inquiry maybe you know about it..

I received my passport and letter of confirmation that student visa application has been approved. But I am confused with the dates stamped on the TRV because it was from Aug. 11, 2014 - April 7, 2015. What does it mean? Is the study permit valid only on that dates too? I was told student permits and TRV's are more likely in the same length so now I am confused because the application that I submitted online stated that I am applying for student permit and temporary resident visa and my classes starts on January 7, 2015- December 11, 2015 along with the confirmation letter from the school that confirms my program and study date.

Also, on the package that was sent along with the passport, is a document that confirms the approval of the application, which i believe is the port of entry letter, however at the bottom of the letter it says permit details and type of permit is WP, will this be the same as Student Permit, I know WP stands for work permit, Is this something new because rules for student visa has changed? Or was it a wrong one?

Tried sending an email to CiC but no reply yet

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KiMango said:
Police clearance po pala. Sorry. Hindi din po ako nagsubmit ng NBI clearance dahil inaantay ko din po yung request nila.
Ah that's why humingi sila ng police clearance kasi hindi ka nag submit ng nbi. In your case if hindi ka galing from another country you really need to get an NBI required talaga yan no need for a request from them. Also a police clerance para sure kasi yon ang reason of refusal mo. I don't know if i can submit the link here but just try to open this http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng yan ang mga requirements for applicant from phils. Detailed yan, kasi yan talga ang checklist for filipino applicants.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KiMango said:

Hello. May mga nabasa nga dn ako like your case. If you decide to reapply, you may want to attach your nbi with your letter of explanation since parang hindi na nagrerequest ang embassy for nbi bfore cla magdecide. Anyway, pwede ka rin magsend ng another inquiry/consideration ng case mo.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Hello guys, just arrive sa canada. Vancouver was my point of entry. Pagdating, dretso sa customs, get your bags and proceed sa immigration. Immigration wasn't that strict, they simply asked "what are you going to do in Canada? where are you going to study, highschool, college? What degree? Certificate, diploma, bachelors? For how long?" then print na agad ng permit :D jus a piece of advice, try to get your next flight mga >3hrs of your arrival sa POE. Mejo mahaba pila sa immigration and dun ako natagalan :D kaya napagiwanan ng plane. Haha! Buti na lng accommodating ang aircanada.nireserve nla ako for nxt flyt without additional payment

And oh, another thing, never ever forget your LOI. My mga hindi inentertain dhil wla clang pinakitang loi..

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
I finally submit our online application today, my SP,husband's OWP and my daughter's TRV after months of reading and learning on this forum.
I submitted over 100 pages of documents, I have 4 year study gap, Will keep you updated. I know my God is able, he has done it before and he will do it for me again. .

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
Hi all!

I landed in Montreal on Aug 27th. :)

Cheers,

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
canadaeh1234 said:
I received my passport and letter of confirmation that student visa application has been approved. But I am confused with the dates stamped on the TRV because it was from Aug. 11, 2014 - April 7, 2015. What does it mean? ...

Also, on the package that was sent along with the passport, is a document that confirms the approval of the application, which i believe is the port of entry letter, however at the bottom of the letter it says permit details and type of permit is WP, will this be the same as Student Permit, I know WP stands for work permit, Is this something new because rules for student visa has changed? Or was it a wrong one?
Hi canadae,

What is the expiration date of your passport? Is it April 7, 2015? The TRV date stamps will depend on two things: the length of your program, and the validity of your passport. The date stamps will follow whichever is shorter. That's why it's very important to renew your passport if your expected length of study surpasses your passport's expiration date.

The WP/SP can be an issue at your point of entry so it's important to get that sorted out now. Maybe try contacting your school's international student assistance department and tell them if this has happened before? But a friend of mine here in Montreal recently had to renew his visa (He's ben fast-tracked from Masters to Phd) and CIC accidentally marked WP instead of SP on his new TRV. He had to ask them to change it because he didn't want to be held at the borders (He will be travelling in and out of Canada for conferences). CIC acknowledged the error and reissued a TRV and an SP category.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
No, my passport's expiry is still on April 22, 2019.. that's it was so confusing.. On the TRV it said Student.. only in the Port of Entry letter that they sent along, on the permit details part that it said WP..

I hope to really sort it out asap.. Tried emailing manila cic, but no response yet.. tried calling them too yet it kept saying holidays..

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
elyxandria said:
ei congrats to all the successful applicants and for those who are still waiting for their results... be positive... all your visa will be coming soon... have faith... =)

by the way, question lang po.... and advise na rin... kc my visa has been approved last July pero for January intake pa po ako... is it still possible if I will apply for OWP for husband and for my 10month old baby? para if ever kasabay ko na rin po silang aalis on December?

then if possible po, saan ko po ba sila dapat iapply? here in the Philippines or in Vietnam?

My husband is a Vietnamese citizen and still working on board while my baby is a Filipino citizen...

I badly need your advises... Thanks a lot in advance... God bless us all... =)
PLEASE help po... thanks a lot....

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
FrankJ said:
I finally submit our online application today, my SP,husband's OWP and my daughter's TRV after months of reading and learning on this forum.
I submitted over 100 pages of documents, I have 4 year study gap, Will keep you updated. I know my God is able, he has done it before and he will do it for me again. .
Wow 100pages? Isn't this too much? Goodluck on your application though. Where are you headed?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
FrankJ said:
wow, i hope u dont mind..why did it reach 100 pages? thanks

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys tanong ko lang if paper application nag iinform ba sila if may sched na for interview or they'll just call you? Kasi nung online application meron dun sa process sched ko nakalagay ang interview section which was blank kasi hindi n ko naka abot dun. I re applied last 22nd of aug i kept on tracking it says na being process pa at canada visa office manila. Just wondering baka after that stage meron nang process sched din.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@scottdickson86: Welcome to Canada! Came back from Montreal last week and I easily fell in love with the city :) It's a very hip city with it's own character and sobrang sarap ng food, wala akong masabi! I'm sure you'll have a great time studying there :)

@ canadaeh1234: A lot of people are on holidays because September 1 is Labour Day here :)

@ khoykhoy: Are you talking about a SP application? Alam kong rare case ang nag-iinterview...

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humdrumdum said:
@ scottdickson86: Welcome to Canada! Came back from Montreal last week and I easily fell in love with the city :) It's a very hip city with it's own character and sobrang sarap ng food, wala akong masabi! I'm sure you'll have a great time studying there :)

@ canadaeh1234: A lot of people are on holidays because September 1 is Labour Day here :)

@ khoykhoy: Are you talking about a SP application? Alam kong rare case ang nag-iinterview...
Yup study permit application. Tlga? How bout you did you have a phone interview before?