+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
rcpp said:
Yes po! It's time for them to stamp the visa on your passport already :)

Congrats and Best wishes on your studies po!
Thanks a lot @rcpp.. I wish you all the best on your studies too! :)

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
jd82 said:
Thanks a lot @ rcpp.. I wish you all the best on your studies too! :)
Just a question po, did you apply/submit your app in the Manila office while in Saudi or you're in Philippines right now?

:)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
businessgirl2014 said:
very very good sign sis!! :D :D did u apply online?
Thanks so much. Yes I applied online. :)

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
rcpp said:
Just a question po, did you apply/submit your app in the Manila office while in Saudi or you're in Philippines right now?

:)
@rcpp I submitted my application online at the manila office (by indicating Philippines at #9 on the form - country where you're applying... And Saudi Arabia at #7 - current country of residence) while I'm here in Saudi Arabia. And as of the moment am still here in Riyadh. Yesterday, when I received the passport request, I'm not really sure if they're gonna issue me visa already or maybe not. That's why am still havin second thoughts of goin to manila just to give my passport to them.. Coz if am not given a visa, then I just won't go. Did you apply in UAE or in the manila office?

chakaz

Nov 19, 2013
businessgirl2014 said:
hi sis!! i just want to ask pagdating ba jan did u find work agad? share ur experiences guys the moment u entered canada..lol..para naman ma feel namin..hehe.. para at least kahit di ma approve, may alam kami sa would be experience..lol..
pagdating namin eh hinanap agad namin filipino association or community, cla na nagsuggest ng mapapasokan na job for the main time habang nasa culture shock stage pa kmi. we got into fastfood jobs, and now before this month ends mapapasokan na ni husband ung job na gusto nya,. me naman, basta makapagbayad ka na ng tuition sa skul, bigay agad work permit then pwede na magwork kahit wala pa pasokan. its summer so puro invite cla ng pasyal,.then from there you'll get to met other filipino also na magsasuggest ng marami pang opportunities. God Bless sa application mo businessgirl2014

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
jaycee1027 said:
Only with my husband po.. wala pa po akong anak. cge thank you for your info, i will inform my docu officer to apply it here. sabi nya kasi sa akin na dyan na sa canada mag apply for OWP for my husband.
Apply it there! Same kayo ni @hopeful sinabi rin ng docu officer nya na dito nalang apply yung OWP.. These permits are supposed to be applied outside of canada.

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
cookieflips said:
Hello! I applied on July 15 and got a refusal letter this August 10. I checked the ticked boxes at the end of the letter and my letter only had "Other Reasons" ticked with the message "Police certificate from the country/countries that you have been residing in for more than 6 months since the age of 18."

My school semester is starting this September so this was already rushed as is, I will try to get a new NBI clearance specifically for "Visa Canada" tomorrow on August 11, 2014.

Question lang po, if this was the only reason ticked, will my application be stronger when I submit again with a new NBI Clearance? Will it be faster to resubmit this online or to go to VFS Global?
Kasi po I see most people finishing their applications 15 days after getting their Med done. Meron po atang nag submit ng July 14 and got their Visa July 30. I did mine upfront but it still took from July 15 up til August 11 before they replied to me.

Thanks!
Hello cookieflips! Will you reapply agad online? Do you think aabot pa ng September? I also got a refusal letter just yesterday.. haiii though iba reasons but i really think subjective lang siya depende on sino ung visa officer handling your case. kasi this is my second refusal for the september intake and iba2x ung reasons pero i submitted the same papers.. kaya aiun.. i think for your case NBI clearance lang talaga kulang and then you're good.

best of luck and God bless you! balita if you'll make it sa sept intake :)

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dk101 said:
Hello cookieflips! Will you reapply agad online? Do you think aabot pa ng September? I also got a refusal letter just yesterday.. haiii though iba reasons but i really think subjective lang siya depende on sino ung visa officer handling your case. kasi this is my second refusal for the september intake and iba2x ung reasons pero i submitted the same papers.. kaya aiun.. i think for your case NBI clearance lang talaga kulang and then you're good.

best of luck and God bless you! balita if you'll make it sa sept intake :)
@dk101 Would you mind sharing with us the reason for refusal? I was also refused last week but will re-apply next week kasi mag add kami ng funds at yun n lng iniintay namin. Ano ba ang latest na date for your class? Mine starts on 29th of sept but the college gives 1 week extension so bale 1st week of oct is the deadliest deadline for me haha

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
jaycee1027 said:
Aw hehe lagi, Im happy to know na naa diay koy bisaya na makauban sad sa acsenda puhon :) wala pa po kami sa medical.. how about you? we are still waiting for sept, kasi by that time 4 months na ang maturity sa settlement funds, yun daw requirement sa cic eh...
mao? nah.. ako lagi ani uy kay wa pay four months ang kwarta.. 3 lang yata to.. huhu.. mao jud na akong gikakulbaan..pero 3 accounts man hinuon sa akong parents tanan accounts jud nila.. puhon puhon ug makaluy-an ta sa Ginoo magkaila2 rata didto acsenda <3

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
chakaz said:
pagdating namin eh hinanap agad namin filipino association or community, cla na nagsuggest ng mapapasokan na job for the main time habang nasa culture shock stage pa kmi. we got into fastfood jobs, and now before this month ends mapapasokan na ni husband ung job na gusto nya,. me naman, basta makapagbayad ka na ng tuition sa skul, bigay agad work permit then pwede na magwork kahit wala pa pasokan. its summer so puro invite cla ng pasyal,.then from there you'll get to met other filipino also na magsasuggest ng marami pang opportunities. God Bless sa application mo businessgirl2014
wow this is great news!! i love talaga our culture, we are always willing to extend help to other kababayans.. God bless all of them who have helped you there sis, hopefully we get to experience the same in the coming months.. <3

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
frustratedcanadian said:
Apply it there! Same kayo ni @ hopeful sinabi rin ng docu officer nya na dito nalang apply yung OWP.. These permits are supposed to be applied outside of canada.
yes i also read the posts of hopeful, i sent her a message din how did she get the OWP for his husband there kasi diba sabi nya babalik cya sa immigration office the next day, she hasn't replied pa, baka busy na dyan sa canada hehe anyways, can you share to me po the process of getting the owp sa husband nyo? may forms po ba na kailangan? thank you po sa help nyo :)

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
businessgirl2014 said:
mao? nah.. ako lagi ani uy kay wa pay four months ang kwarta.. 3 lang yata to.. huhu.. mao jud na akong gikakulbaan..pero 3 accounts man hinuon sa akong parents tanan accounts jud nila.. puhon puhon ug makaluy-an ta sa Ginoo magkaila2 rata didto acsenda <3
aw oki diay kaayo kay 3 accounts gyud hehe syaro dli pa na nila i approve hehe, kita kitz puhon! ;D

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
jd82 said:
@ rcpp I submitted my application online at the manila office (by indicating Philippines at #9 on the form - country where you're applying... And Saudi Arabia at #7 - current country of residence) while I'm here in Saudi Arabia. And as of the moment am still here in Riyadh. Yesterday, when I received the passport request, I'm not really sure if they're gonna issue me visa already or maybe not. That's why am still havin second thoughts of goin to manila just to give my passport to them.. Coz if am not given a visa, then I just won't go. Did you apply in UAE or in the manila office?
As far as I know passport request means that your application is approved. I know someone from this forum who applied online from Oman - he's Bangladeshi, and got a passport request. He submitted his passport to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi through courier and got it back with the visa after a week and a half. If you want to be extra sure, try giving VFS Riyadh a call po. :) Does the Passport Request letter include your Name and UCI?

And ate's and kuya's, please help in clarifying this! Thanks! :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
jaycee1027 said:
aw oki diay kaayo kay 3 accounts gyud hehe syaro dli pa na nila i approve hehe, kita kitz puhon! ;D
mao dai..kulba lagi.. unta makaluy-an..

easton211

Aug 1, 2014
Hi everyone I just want to share my experience in my SP application

July 10- early in the morning I submitted my application through VFS Manila
The same day I received MR from CIC around 7pm.
July 28- I received a message from VFS stating that my passport has been dispatched and sadly it was refused.
Like the others here i did not succumbed to self pity, I reviewed everything from papers to papers..
August 5- I reapplied with stronger documents.
August 13- I received a letter from CIC with attachment Stating that my application for study or work permit has been approved. Made my day!!!!

Just don't give up guys just try and try and always pray because sometimes this are the ways on how God test our faith in HIM.

God Bless Everyone!!and Thank you for this forum because everything you need is here...