+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Hello, just wanted to give a quick update.

We had our medical at SLEC Global and it was quick. We were the first ones there and until we left about 2.5 hours later, kami lang ang tao dun. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), my husband had a finding in his chest xray and now he is undergoing the required sputum test/culture. A few weeks prior out medical kasi nagkasakit siya. We know that the finding is only a congestion and all his further tests will be negative. It's the embassy's protocol lang talaga and I am quite surprised this is not uncommon. This will set us back for at least 3 months kasi yung cuture 8 weeks yun and repeat xray is 3 months after the initial one.

We were initially disappointed of course but being the optimists that we are, we know the additional time would let us really prepare for our moving to Canada. Madami pa kaming dapat ayusin before we leave. All in His time it will happen Ü We keep on reminding ourselves at least medical na, and again, buong family pa and nabigyan ng pagkakataon. And to keep things in perspective, ano ba naman ang ma delay compared with those who were victims pf yesterday's quake?

Anyway, tuloy tuloy lang tayo in our journey and I believe all of us hoping and praying will be granted visas, sooner or later Ü

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
starlettedouze said:
Hello, just wanted to give a quick update.

We had our medical at SLEC Global and it was quick. We were the first ones there and until we left about 2.5 hours later, kami lang ang tao dun. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), my husband had a finding in his chest xray and now he is undergoing the required sputum test/culture. A few weeks prior out medical kasi nagkasakit siya. We know that the finding is only a congestion and all his further tests will be negative. It's the embassy's protocol lang talaga and I am quite surprised this is not uncommon. This will set us back for at least 3 months kasi yung cuture 8 weeks yun and repeat xray is 3 months after the initial one.

We were initially disappointed of course but being the optimists that we are, we know the additional time would let us really prepare for our moving to Canada. Madami pa kaming dapat ayusin before we leave. All in His time it will happen Ü We keep on reminding ourselves at least medical na, and again, buong family pa and nabigyan ng pagkakataon. And to keep things in perspective, ano ba naman ang ma delay compared with those who were victims pf yesterday's quake?

Anyway, tuloy tuloy lang tayo in our journey and I believe all of us hoping and praying will be granted visas, sooner or later Ü
Sis, if you don't mind me asking, ano ang naging sakit ni hubby prior to the xray? Bigla ako nagworry kasi kami ng kids we have colds and cough (tis the season for coughs and colds with all the crazy weather we're having!), so being praning that I am, baka kako may makita din sila?

All in God's time sis! :) Let's keep being optimistic. God has a plan and a reason for everything!

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
cocoagirl said:
Sis, if you don't mind me asking, ano ang naging sakit ni hubby prior to the xray? Bigla ako nagworry kasi kami ng kids we have colds and cough (tis the season for coughs and colds with all the crazy weather we're having!), so being praning that I am, baka kako may makita din sila?

All in God's time sis! :) Let's keep being optimistic. God has a plan and a reason for everything!
Thanks! Ü Ayun, ubo, sipon at trangkaso kasi nga weird ang weather natin. So best to make sure clear ang mga baga before magpa medical because one tiny spot or patch, flagged na yun.

He's onto the 3rd day of the sputum test tomorrow - slowly getting there Ü

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
mjessie said:
Hi. I recently graduated from my university last May po. Nung summer term po kasi ako grumaduate. Kakaapply ko pa lang po sa univ na papasukan ko last week. Hindi po ako umabot ng sept due to financial reasons -(ipon mode). Ask ko lang po na kung meron na po ba ditong nakakuha na ng student visa kahit hindi related sa course dito sa pinas ang aapplyan sa canada? 2 year diploma lang naman po ang aapplyan ko, may naaccept na po bang applicant kahit 2 year diploma lang ang kukunin? Salamat po.
hi mjessie,

my wife got approved and had her visa na last july. her graduated degree here in the Philippines where Biology and Nursing. She will be taking up Business Management with Computer Science as a major (2 year undergrad course) in University of Lethbridge. I guess kaya mo naman kumuha ng ibang course na indi related sa una mong course bsta maganda lang ung SOP mo. Kailangan maconvince mo ang VO why you will get that course. For my wife, I think the convincing factor is that she wants to combine her medical background with IT and Mgt so that she can strengthen the Medical Informatics here in the Philippines.

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
hi,

question po for those families na sasama sa student visa ng kanila spouse. my wife was granted her student visa last july but unfortunately nadeny kami ng daughter ko for our TRV application. I was told na parang mali ung type of application ko. So we did apply again last Sept 24 with me as an Open Work permit application but for my two year old daughter a TRV pa din. We submitted our application in VFS and availed of their tracking process. After two weeks from our application submission, I received a medical request from the embassy through my email and not through VFS. Unfortunately di ko nalagyan ng email address ung application ng daughter ko sa di ko sure kung may medical request din sya. Tanong ko lang kung lahat ba kahit toddler is kailangan mag undergo ng medical examination kahit TRV lang ung sa daughter ko but planning to stay for more than 6 months. I called VFS for the update of the application, apparently di update ang tracking nila at mukhang di sya realtime kasi ung status ko should be medical request na e ung nasa website nila is still currently forwarded to CIC Philippines. Parang mas gusto ko pa ung naunang courier kaysa dito sa VFS.

thanks

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
Hello to all forum members i just got an email from the canadian embassy and my student permit has been approved! And may i ask how many days my passport will arrive at my house
Thanks you so much for the help from all the forum members.
Godbless!

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
amiel.santiago said:
hi,

question po for those families na sasama sa student visa ng kanila spouse. my wife was granted her student visa last july but unfortunately nadeny kami ng daughter ko for our TRV application. I was told na parang mali ung type of application ko. So we did apply again last Sept 24 with me as an Open Work permit application but for my two year old daughter a TRV pa din. We submitted our application in VFS and availed of their tracking process. After two weeks from our application submission, I received a medical request from the embassy through my email and not through VFS. Unfortunately di ko nalagyan ng email address ung application ng daughter ko sa di ko sure kung may medical request din sya. Tanong ko lang kung lahat ba kahit toddler is kailangan mag undergo ng medical examination kahit TRV lang ung sa daughter ko but planning to stay for more than 6 months. I called VFS for the update of the application, apparently di update ang tracking nila at mukhang di sya realtime kasi ung status ko should be medical request na e ung nasa website nila is still currently forwarded to CIC Philippines. Parang mas gusto ko pa ung naunang courier kaysa dito sa VFS.

thanks
Hi amiel, I know all family members are required to undergo the medical examination. Perhaps you can try calling a DMP (we had our medical in St. Luke's Global City) and inquire if a toddler is required to have a medical too. More or less, they should know.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Tisoy_13 said:
Hello to all forum members i just got an email from the canadian embassy and my student permit has been approved! And may i ask how many days my passport will arrive at my house
Thanks you so much for the help from all the forum members.
Godbless!
Congrats, tisoy! You should get your passport within a few days Ü

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
Got my passpport im leaving manila next week thanks for all the help to all forum members
Godbless sa mga waiting pa just keep praying po.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hindi ba medyo late ka na for September intake but too early for Winter Term tisoy?

mjessie

Jul 9, 2011
Thank you po sa response. Also I would also want to ask your wife if nagwowork po ba siya before applying for a visa? Gusto ko po sana magwork muna para hindi sayang ng panahon at related po ba dapat ang previous work sa papasukang course? (just in case hindi ako umabot sa winter intake kaya po ako nagtatanong ng ganito) hehe :D

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
DocRZ said:
Hindi ba medyo late ka na for September intake but too early for Winter Term tisoy?

Mag Highschool po ako dun e sabi ni mama ko ok lang kht late na ng 1month pag dating ko dun after few days mag aaral na din po ako agad.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Ok. Bon voyage!

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi everyone!

When applying for the student permit, we need to show funds for the tuition fee plus 10k CAD for every year spent in Canada, correct? If I state that I will be living with relatives and they will be helping out with all the food, transpo and accommodations, do I still need to show 10k or can it be a lesser amount?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
The more funds, the better. This serves as a guarantee to the Canadian government that you will not work illegally in Canada which is a clear violation of the student visa. Your relatives may signify their willingness to shoulder some of the expenses through affidavits but they too should submit proof that they are settled well in Canada and that they have enough funds to shoulder part of your expenses. By the way, what I know is that they require just the sum of 1st year of school fees and 10k as cost of living and not for the entire length of the study.