+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,

what are the proof of funds that i need to submit to CIC? THanks.. will be applying by first week of august

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
I mean what proof of funds did you show to CIC? thanks.. im confused with the list of proof funds in CIC coz there's a lot of choices. thanks :)

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Hi 3bn5, gather as much proof as you can such as bank certs/statments, assets/properties, proof of income such as ITR and employment letter. If a family member is sponsoring your studies, he/ she needs to provide a letter of support and financial documents.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
The only difference for Quebec bound students is that they have to get the Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) as one of the requirements. All the others are the same with non-Quebec students. Check the CIC website. Meron doon link how to apply for CAQ.

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
starlettedouze said:
Hi 3bn5, gather as much proof as you can such as bank certs/statments, assets/properties, proof of income such as ITR and employment letter. If a family member is sponsoring your studies, he/ she needs to provide a letter of support and financial documents.

My parents will be supporting me, so what proof of funds would i show? Is it important to have bank transfer in canada ? Thanks

please give some advice on what important documents should i submit , i will apply by next week. thanks a lot

hardworkinglady

Sep 29, 2013
Hi guys from Philippines,

Did you had your visa now?

I am also planning to apply a student Visa on February 2014, taking up ESL course in one of the University in Kelowna BC. I am currently here in Shanghai, China worked as live in nanny and at same time study Mandarin Language. When I read your message about the refusal of your Student visa, I got worried too but i will still try with the Bank Certificate. I would like to ask you if is there an age limit to study ESL in Canada? Did you also submit a bank certificate and how much? Please to all other members who are updated to the immigration rule about the qualified age to apply Student visa for ESL course since I am now 47 years old female, please let me update.

Can you please forward to me your consultant's name because I am now planning to use a consultant too, though my original plan was just apply by myself but I think it is better to use a consultant? Thank you very much

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
3bn5 said:
My parents will be supporting me, so what proof of funds would i show? Is it important to have bank transfer in canada ? Thanks

please give some advice on what important documents should i submit , i will apply by next week. thanks a lot
They have to provide a letter of support together with supporting docs such as bank statements, employment letter, payslips, tax returns, property titles, etc.

Funding requirement is 1yr tuition + 10k. All other docs are listed in CIC's website.

hardworkinglady

Sep 29, 2013
cruzmariacarla said:
Hi msladybug. Ako din po online application. Nakareceive po ako ng email na nalodge yun application ko 10mins after i submitted online. Til now wala pa po yun medical request. 70th day ko today. San niyo po pinadala yun snail mail?

Hi , ask ko lang kong gumamit ka ba ng consultant?

hardworkinglady

Sep 29, 2013
itspatriciaaaaa said:
Hi!

I applied Study Permit Visa way back sept last year, and I was rejected 4 times already. Earlier this year (march 2013) I applied again and this time, they considered my application. I already had my medical last march 7, and the medical was forwarded april 1. Ever since I havent heard a word from the canadian embassy in manila. its been 4 months and 3 weeks since the medical was submitted to the embassy. I'm starting to lose hope :(
Hi komusta na, na anu update ng visa mo

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Got our medical request today! WOOHOO!

Thank you, Lord! Looks like the visa officers are starting to move.

DocRZ, msladybug, humrumdrum - where is the best place to do the medical? Need your expertise Ü

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Depends where you're located :) For me, sulit ang St. Luke's Global :D Great facilities and friendly staff, plus not a lot of people too since di pa masyadong kilala. They'll tell you that it'll take 7 days to process but in reality, kung wala namang findings, 3 days lang papadala na nila sa Embassy hehe

starlettedouze said:
Got our medical request today! WOOHOO!

Thank you, Lord! Looks like the visa officers are starting to move.

DocRZ, msladybug, humrumdrum - where is the best place to do the medical? Need your expertise Ü

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
humdrumdum said:
Depends where you're located :) For me, sulit ang St. Luke's Global :D Great facilities and friendly staff, plus not a lot of people too since di pa masyadong kilala. They'll tell you that it'll take 7 days to process but in reality, kung wala namang findings, 3 days lang papadala na nila sa Embassy hehe
Hehehe. Cool, dun na lang din kami. We're from QC but ayos lang naman magpunta sa Global City. Makakapasok din sa mala hotel na ospital hehe. Thanks, humdrumdum!

tcoy0204

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
thanks much... :)

just wanna ask if whats the best course for an 18yo who wants study in Canada..

Godbless.

DocRZ said:
The only difference for Quebec bound students is that they have to get the Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) as one of the requirements. All the others are the same with non-Quebec students. Check the CIC website. Meron doon link how to apply for CAQ.