+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi tcoy! Just want to ask first if s/he has been through at least 2 years of university? I assume that the person hasn't gone through the K-12 program yet, so in most cases, people who graduated from HS in the Philippines have to do Grade 11 and 12 of senior high school before being eligible for a post-secondary course in Canada.

If s/he has finished 2 years of college, then I think mas malaki ang chances to get a study permit kung related yung course niya sa aaralin niya in Canada. You have many options to choose from, but people tend to choose polytechnics over universities because it's known to be a quick (2 years lang for a diploma) and "cost-effective" way to get a job.

But if you are deciding to settle in Quebec, your options will be narrowed since there are only a limited number of English-speaking institutions.

tcoy0204 said:
thanks much... :)

just wanna ask if whats the best course for an 18yo who wants study in Canada..

Godbless.

tweetbr24

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. sgmav, Im from Jamaica and planning on apply to Everest.. how was the process with the student visa etc? I would hoping you've started school by now.

One love

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Hi guys,

Sent follow up letter yesterday. Here's the reply i got this morning.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that we have no record of an application currently in process in our office that matches your name and date of birth. If you are relying on the services of an agency, you may wish to follow-up with your agent regarding your application and confirm with them if they have already submitted your application to this office. If you can confirm that your application has been submitted to this office, please provide us with all the details of the submission.

Immigration Section - Bureau de visa
Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Philippines
www.philippines.gc.ca

First of all, wala po ako consultant/agent. I applied July 20,2013 (online application). I replied with a copy of my confirmation letter stating that they were able to receive my application / application has been lodged. Any thoughts on this guys? This really shook my nerves. I hope this is not a bad case or whatsoever. Also, i have to leave before October 26. My class will start November 4.

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
Good am to all forum members
San po ba nag sesend ng follow up letter in my application student permit.
Timeline:
March 11 2013 application sent to the canadian embassy
April 15 2013 received an medical request letter
April 24 2013 medical done in st lukes
May 29 2013 my medical has been uploaded to emedical system
Til now still waiting and i hope na mas mabilis process ngaun dahil thank god tapos na ung strike
By the way im an paperbased application.
Godbless for all who are waiting. :)

mjessie

Jul 9, 2011
Hi. I recently graduated from my university last May po. Nung summer term po kasi ako grumaduate. Kakaapply ko pa lang po sa univ na papasukan ko last week. Hindi po ako umabot ng sept due to financial reasons -(ipon mode). Ask ko lang po na kung meron na po ba ditong nakakuha na ng student visa kahit hindi related sa course dito sa pinas ang aapplyan sa canada? 2 year diploma lang naman po ang aapplyan ko, may naaccept na po bang applicant kahit 2 year diploma lang ang kukunin? Salamat po.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Starlettedouze, I had mine in IOM Manila pero you need an appointment unlike sa St. Luke's (Manila extension clinic) walk-in... Had my results in 3 working days...

Tisoy try this link: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=manila
There's an instruction on how to fill it out and it's pretty straight forward.

I hope you won't mind me asking mjessie but why would you enroll on something not related to your educational background? Visa officers look on that carefully, unless you specify your reasons in your letter of explanation or study plan..

3bn5

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,

Isn't it too late to apply for the visa by 3rd week of October for January 2014 Intake? Thanks! :)

mjessie

Jul 9, 2011
@DocRZ, curious lang po. hehe. meron naman po akong reason na pwede kong pagtugmain yung dalawa pero kinakabahan lang kasi talaga ako sa VO kung sakaling hindi niya ma-gets kung bakit ako mageenroll ng another program na taliwas sa naging course ko. environmental science grad po ako pursuing a 2 yr diploma in business admin-management. gusto ko po kasing kumuha ng career related sa environmental management for business.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
mjessie, you better make a good explanation kasi may loophole ang reason mo like new graduate ka so dapat you try to make a career out of your undergrad degree and not study a different field. Better chances if you go for masters in environmental science. Magiging acceptable pag ganun sa VO. Good luck!

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@mjessie: Actually business course na may halong science yung tinapos ko sa Manila at purely science na yung inaaral ko ngayon.

Para mas sigurado, I would advise na try mo mag-apply for something related to environmental science in Canada then shift if you still want to. Do you have plans of working in Canada afterwards? There are openings here for Environmental Health Officers (formerly known as public health inspectors), I think that's a good option to look into. :)

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Hi,
I have applied for a University in Canada. I will get the answer very soon. What I would like to work on is to find out the pros & cons of applying for my family (Wife + 2 year old daughter). I want to apply for them along with me.

Questions:
1. How much should be the bank statement?
2. What additional paper work is required?
3. Which of the points I need to work on harder to boost the chances of getting the visa?
4. Is there anything else I need to know?

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
Hello!

Quick question lang for the guys in Canada, which is the most practical way to send money from Ph to Canada? :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I'm currently looking into XOOM Money Transfer... Flat rate of USD $5.99 for transactions of $50-2,999 direct to your local bank account. Otherwise, I'm considering a wire transfer instead :)

HopefulAngel said:
Hello!

Quick question lang for the guys in Canada, which is the most practical way to send money from Ph to Canada? :)

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
humdrumdum said:
I'm currently looking into XOOM Money Transfer... Flat rate of USD $5.99 for transactions of $50-2,999 direct to your local bank account. Otherwise, I'm considering a wire transfer instead :)
Sounds good! Thanks! :)

tcoy0204

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
humdrumdum said:
Hi tcoy! Just want to ask first if s/he has been through at least 2 years of university? I assume that the person hasn't gone through the K-12 program yet, so in most cases, people who graduated from HS in the Philippines have to do Grade 11 and 12 of senior high school before being eligible for a post-secondary course in Canada.

If s/he has finished 2 years of college, then I think mas malaki ang chances to get a study permit kung related yung course niya sa aaralin niya in Canada. You have many options to choose from, but people tend to choose polytechnics over universities because it's known to be a quick (2 years lang for a diploma) and "cost-effective" way to get a job.

But if you are deciding to settle in Quebec, your options will be narrowed since there are only a limited number of English-speaking institutions.

hi thank you so much for your reply.Shes on her second year in university.. i dont know if she can apply for a diploma right away.
im currently in Quebec and I have limited knowledge about ths.:( We hired a consultant but they too doesnt really have an idea on courses and schools.