+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Aug 29, 2013
Hi starletdouze, i called them already and sent them an email narin. wala parin silang reply. sa calls ko naman, its hard to get through since they dont entertain case specific. Pasukan ko na kasi sa 28 (in canada) and if i miss it, wait again for the next sem opening. hay, the embassy can sometimes be slow..

Aug 29, 2013
humdrumdum said:
Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum! :)

Was your application paper-based or online? Have you tried following up during the 4 month period? You have more than enough reason to have done so, but maybe it got caught up with the PIASI applications...
Hello po, its was paper-based, and yes Ive been consistent in following up naman. im just scared kasi my mom told me that in case hindi nanaman ma-aprrove, I'll have to wait until her canadian citizenship comes out. my goal was to study there for college, pero since ganto nga, and pasukan na in a few days. medyo nagaalanganin ako.. also it was way way WAYY past processing time na. hay

Aug 29, 2013
Re: Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Hello po, someone pm-ed me with username cruzmariacarla, sorry i wont be able to reply to pm's since i dont have the privilege just yet :( Yes po my name is patricia. Regarding the school, the school is Laval Liberty High (they wont let me get into college unless I have canadian history and french classes in my units) so I have to spend at least 1-2 years of high school first.

About your application, dapat they had sent you a medical request. after the medical request is the nerve wrecking waiting time. as long as complete package yung sayo (and enough money/show money) i think u should be no problem. pero like I said, the waiting time is just sooo long. tapos nagkastrike pa daw ang mga visa officers (from what my mom told me, she's in canada already, na nanghihingi daw ng taas sweldo yung mga visa officers but until now walang update. kaya hanggang ngayon, nganga parin ako sa kakaantay) Lets just hope for the better nalang *fingers crossed*

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Re: Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Hi! thanks for this info. Oo nga, torture na maghintay. For now all we can do is pray na ma speed up yun process. Was thinking of sending a follow up letter but i decided not to baka isipin nila masyado ako nagmamadali. I lodged mine, July 20. I'll wait til October 1st. If wala pa, that's the time na I'll send a letter na. and yes, fingers XD ! :)

itspatriciaaaaa said:
Hello po, someone pm-ed me with username cruzmariacarla, sorry i wont be able to reply to pm's since i dont have the privilege just yet :( Yes po my name is patricia. Regarding the school, the school is Laval Liberty High (they wont let me get into college unless I have canadian history and french classes in my units) so I have to spend at least 1-2 years of high school first.

About your application, dapat they had sent you a medical request. after the medical request is the nerve wrecking waiting time. as long as complete package yung sayo (and enough money/show money) i think u should be no problem. pero like I said, the waiting time is just sooo long. tapos nagkastrike pa daw ang mga visa officers (from what my mom told me, she's in canada already, na nanghihingi daw ng taas sweldo yung mga visa officers but until now walang update. kaya hanggang ngayon, nganga parin ako sa kakaantay) Lets just hope for the better nalang *fingers crossed*

boston_pinoy88

Jan 23, 2013
DOCz, Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

hi DocZ,

goodluck sa study mo. i deferred mine next Fall 2014. until now di pa dumating and LOA ko..

Cheers and thanks for the help.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hello, please excuse me for reposting this inquiry here. I was just hoping someone could tell me their thoughts about my situation.

Does anyone know how early or how many months in advance I can submit my application? I've been accepted to a school already but had to defer admission due to lack of funds. The plan is to start school on Sept 2014. The thing is, I'm a teacher and I would need to let my current school (where I am employed) as early as possible if I won't be returning for the next school year. The school needs to hire and fill the teaching roster early kasi, ideally before summer school starts in April, hence the early deadline I've imposed on myself. My ideal timeline is to apply sometime in November 2013 para between the Christmas break and all the possible delays, I could at least find out by March 2014 at the very latest if my student permit will be granted. I just need to know that early to inform my current employer pero ideally, July pa ako aalis ng Manila. I intend to submit a letter detailing all of this and explaining the early application along with my study plan.

What do you guys think? Have you heard of anyone with a similar situation? For plan B, I think I will go ahead and resign early even without the permit. It's a risk but I don't want to put my current employer in a difficult spot of having to find a suitable replacement immediately if I do get my papers approved. I can submit the application by January so that my application period will be closer to 6 moths. Do you think that'll be okay?

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Hi nearlylucid! As far as I know, you can apply as early as 6 months depending on which intake comes first September 2013 or January 2014. Ung may mga January 3014 intake pwede na magapply as early as today. As for your entrance date na Sept 2014 pa naman that I'm not sure of. Baka kasi mag pile up lang sa system ng VFS ang file mo since ganun pa katagal. My concern would be ung sa employment mo dyan sa Pinas and yung lack of funds. Have you tried talking to your employer personally? Pagplanuhan mo na din kung saan ka pwede kumuha ng funds kahit pang show money lang. :) Hope this helps.

princessliz

Sep 10, 2013
Ails said:
Can you please give me some tip so I can get my Student visa. I am currently staying here in Dubai and will try my best to apply for my Student permit so I can attend the Jan 2014 class. Thanks. :)
Hi Ails, how was your application? Did you apply for yourself or did you pay for a consultant to help you in your admission and visa application? Which school or university are you going to? I am also here in Dubai and would want to study in Canada. Please share your experience. Thanks!

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
msladybug said:
Hi nearlylucid! As far as I know, you can apply as early as 6 months depending on which intake comes first September 2013 or January 2014. Ung may mga January 3014 intake pwede na magapply as early as today. As for your entrance date na Sept 2014 pa naman that I'm not sure of. Baka kasi mag pile up lang sa system ng VFS ang file mo since ganun pa katagal. My concern would be ung sa employment mo dyan sa Pinas and yung lack of funds. Have you tried talking to your employer personally? Pagplanuhan mo na din kung saan ka pwede kumuha ng funds kahit pang show money lang. :) Hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply msladybug! I feel like it might be too early nga if I apply ng November. So in terms of urgency, my application probably won't be prioritized, compared to those who have an earlier intake start. So baka den it'll defeat the purpose of applying early to get approval early. So I think the practical target date is end of December, just to get it submitted before the Christmas break.

In terms of employment and lack of funds, my tuition fee will be coming from another source. I have a sponsor so my current employment in the Philippines won't be my main source of funds. Although sayang den yung ilang buwan na konting dagdag sana pang savings. ;D I'lll review my options again and keep you guys updated. Thanks again! :)

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Hi guys! 11th week of waiting na ko next week, OCTOBER 5 to be exact. ::) ::) wala pa request for medical. I sent a follow up letter 3 weeks ago. Should I send another one? I'm worried. My start date is on November 4, should be leaving manila by October 26. :( :(

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
I think it will be best to follow up after October 5. October 7 is a Monday, and that's past their 11 weeks processing timeframe so you have every right to follow up by then. :) Good luck! I hope you get a favorable response from them!

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Hi @cruzmariaclara! Cocoagirl is right. You should be able to send them another follow-up letter aftr the 11th week. In my case, I send several follow-up emails and one snail mail. It will not harm your application if you do a follow-up (again). It didn't ruin mine. ;)