+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
bigkahuna said:
hi,

Did you apply for your CSQ within Canada?

Anyway, you are allowed to apply for a study permit while waiting for your immigrant visa. Your pending PR application doesn't have any effect on your study permit application as long as you have proofs to support it. There are:
1) enough funds for your studies
2) solid ties for home country
3) reasonable course of study
4) provide reasonable reasons that you will return after your studies

Good luck, hope this helps!

Hi,

First time to post here. I would like to know if it's possible to apply two separate types of application. Actually my wife have already completed requirements for the student visa and we are just waiting for the LOA but before we actually planned on getting a student visa instead we already consulted the Canadian Immigration Consultancy (CIC) regarding the PR application last Dec 2012 and have asked us to prepare all necessary documents for the coming opening of PR application this May 2013. In the PR application as well, I am making my wife as the principal applicant since my previous application still no answer (I belong to the old process which I think the embassy will refund, 2005 application). Is it possible to process two separate application, a student visa and PR visa where all of the principal applicant is my wife?

Thanks.

tcoy0204

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Heya guys. Ive read all the posts from page 1 to page 40..But I couldnt find any case similar to my query.
I have a relative whose 17 years of age who wants to study in Canada. Preferably in Montreal, Quebec.

I would like to ask some queries

1. I cant be her guardian, because it should be a PR /Citizen. DO you know of any helpo wherein I coud find one?
2. Shes currently studying in a University, 2nd year collge. Will it cause any problem?
3. For her financial support, her sisters will sponsor her.
4. Do you have any suggestions on her choice of course? Will it be post secondary diploma?

Your response is very much appreciated. It would be beneficial for us. Compared to applying in Uk as student visa, Canada is much more good for future oppurtunities.

Thanks in advance.

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
bigkahuna said:
Hi!

two main things to prepare before applying for a study permit: Letter of acceptance from a school, and enough money to fund your education.

First, you need to get admission from your chosen school/institute/university in Canada. I suggest that you apply for studies that is relevant to your current work or your previous educational background, so you won't have much trouble explaining it on your study plan. After getting admissions, you need to prepare enough money to support your education. You may not have the physical money in your bank account, but you need to show the Visa Officers that you have enough support (letter of support, own accounts, scholarships).

Thank you so much for your response.
Actually my problem is that, I have already done with my MBA. but currently, I am employed as HR assistant thats why I am planning to take below courses:
1. Office Administration
2. Business Administration – Human Resources.

Do you think I can get a visa with those courses? Can I have a copy of your study plan?
you'll have enough time to prepare for it, since you plan to study on winter 2014. Good luck!

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Anyone tried applying through an agency/consultant? What's the success rate?

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
hi sweetjelly,

san school ka nag apply and when did you apply?

EHEstavillo

Nov 6, 2012
JainaFel said:
Good Day!
With regards to your concern our consultancy firm may help you.
You may reach me at 09175098472. Thank you!
Have a nice day!

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
zyzy said:
hello all,

My husband got his LOA from VIPM without IELTS...ang nerequired lang sa kanya was Certificate of English as Medium of Instruction,ang concern ko baka hanapan cya ng IELTS ng embassy...pero sabi nung agency na kinuha namin ok lang daw walang IELts,depende daw yun sa school na inapplyan...pwede ba yun kahit walang ielts?plssss pakisagot naman po dun sa may mga visa na...thank you

zyzy
No need for ielts sa embassy sis.
Pero since my IELTS naman hubby ko. He included in the application nrin.
It wont hurt if you dont have the ielts.

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
rave21lala said:
ilang months ng bank statement ang pinasa nyo?
We have two joint accounts ng hubby ko. One atm and passbook of separate accounts
We requested 2years/24months bank statement each so VO can see the flow of money in both accounts.
I guess its important for them to see that money is not just merely borrowed or was deposited in the account just few months prior to submission of the application.

Our Proof of funds were sitting lazy in our accounts for years kaya malakas loob namin noon iaaply hubby ko indicating that HE WILL SUPPORT HIS SELF in his studies. Luckily it only took him 3months of processing. Na delay lang siya sa medical.

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
Deb_oruga said:
My daughter got her visa! Jan 21 application filed. Jan 28 AOR med request. Feb 11 medical exam done. March 13 visa issued :) thankyou Lord!
Congrats po...
Godbless in her studies and endeavors in canada

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
JainaFel said:
Ours? Success rate is high.
Ang importante kasi is the profile of the applicant.
Iaassess muna and then if its okay to process, go na.

Otherwise, they'll find a way kung ano best options mo...