+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
sweet jelly said:
Did you receive your LOA through email or mail?
hi Sweet jelly,

I hope you've lodged your applications already. And I hope its all good so far :)

Deb_oruga

Sep 12, 2012
Hi bigkahuna! I filed my daughter's application for student visa in the Philippines last Jan 21 2013. Feb 11 meds done hoping for a positive visa for my daughter. We're here in canada just waiting and hoping for my daughter's visa. She will be in grade 1 once the visa is approved. Man i am so frustrated of waiting. I miss mu daughter so much. It's been 2 yrs that i am away from her.

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
sweet jelly said:
I have not yet apply. Maybe this week or next week.
Let us know how it goes, :)

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
Deb_oruga said:
Hi bigkahuna! I filed my daughter's application for student visa in the Philippines last Jan 21 2013. Feb 11 meds done hoping for a positive visa for my daughter. We're here in canada just waiting and hoping for my daughter's visa. She will be in grade 1 once the visa is approved. Man i am so frustrated of waiting. I miss mu daughter so much. It's been 2 yrs that i am away from her.
Hi deb,

Do you know when did the clinic send your med results to the Embassy? Assuming they submitted it after a week, maybe your daughter will get her visa in the next 2 weeks (following other's experience). Hope everything goes well and that you'll be reunited with your daughter soon! :)

Good luck and God Bless...

Kszell

Oct 14, 2012
Hi,

how did you manage to get a student permit in canada? did you apply for a visitors visa then apply personally to the school or applied online? lastly, is it really necessary to go back to the philippines after getting the permit?

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
sweet jelly said:
Did you receive your LOA through email or mail?
At first through my student account in the college website, then a day after, through email. They say they won't be sending a snail mail anymore unless absolutely necessary.

I'll be applying for the visa by the end of April because we'll be getting a Canadian-based consultant this time due to my 2 previous TRV refusals. Crossing my fingers. :)

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
bigkahuna said:
Hi !

Based on most people's experience, processing time for study permit takes about 3 weeks to 2 months. Some takes even longer, depending on situation (medicals, further docs needed etc). In my case, it took about 4 weeks (not considering the time I waited for the clinic to send my results to CEM).

Now that you have your LOA, I think you can begin your applications, so you would have ample time to prepare for your travel to Canada.

Good luck! :)
Okay, thanks. Now gathering the documents.

Are you in Canada already? Which school and course? :)

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
bigkahuna said:
hi,

Did you apply for your CSQ within Canada?

Anyway, you are allowed to apply for a study permit while waiting for your immigrant visa. Your pending PR application doesn't have any effect on your study permit application as long as you have proofs to support it. There are:
1) enough funds for your studies
2) solid ties for home country
3) reasonable course of study
4) provide reasonable reasons that you will return after your studies

Good luck, hope this helps!

Thanks a lot bigkahuna! However, I'm planning to take my husband and children with me. Will this be a problem?

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!!!! Nag bayad ako ng tuition fee ko sa Seneca College kahapon by bank but the problem is nakalimutan ko iattach ung invoice na nsa 2nd page ng letter ng Seneca. Pro sa payment form nkalagay nman name, dob and Seneca application ID ko which they required. Ask ko lng will it create a problem?? What should I do???

Deb_oruga

Sep 12, 2012
My daughter got her visa! Jan 21 application filed. Jan 28 AOR med request. Feb 11 medical exam done. March 13 visa issued :) thankyou Lord!