+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I think certificate courses still count, they are still post-graduate programs after all. The only type of students who can't apply are exchange students and maybe ESL students...? Don't quote me on that though haha

fswp_newbie said:
thanks, humdrumdum. i'm thinking of getting a certificate program from a university listed in the site you sent. everything's checked out (the program is going to last more than 6 months) my concern is that, will i be qualified for a WP even if it's going to be a certificate and not a degree? i'm looking at being able to work while study to make the most of my time since with certificate programs, there will be days where i won't have classes.

Gelatine

Jun 25, 2013
Anyone who applied student visa with spouse? Pano po ba i apply ang ganito? Separate type of application po ba, Student visa for me and OWP for spouse?

Sana po meron din magshare ng successful application nila. Thanks!

Krishessss

Jan 11, 2014
@humdrumdum thank you.

May required band score ba in canada or depende sa university na papasukan? Magreview na ko ng ielts this feb. Sponsor ko yung dad ko, kaso wala siya dito seaman kasi siya. Pano kaya mas maganda ko gawin?

I dont have immediate family sa canada lahat sila nandito, pero may cousin ako sa BC. Makakaaaffect ba yun sa family ties?

Mejo kinakabahan ako sa plans ko this year pero ive got treasures of trust kay lord, beleieve na hindi niya tayo lahat papabayaan. God bless everyone!

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Gelatine said:
Anyone who applied student visa with spouse? Pano po ba i apply ang ganito? Separate type of application po ba, Student visa for me and OWP for spouse?

Sana po meron din magshare ng successful application nila. Thanks!
Hi gelatine, I have applied for a student permit along with my dependents (OWP for spouse and SP for kid). You have to submit all of your applications together.

We just completed our medical on the 8th and we are still waiting :)

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Krishessss said:
@ humdrumdum thank you.

May required band score ba in canada or depende sa university na papasukan? Magreview na ko ng ielts this feb. Sponsor ko yung dad ko, kaso wala siya dito seaman kasi siya. Pano kaya mas maganda ko gawin?

I dont have immediate family sa canada lahat sila nandito, pero may cousin ako sa BC. Makakaaaffect ba yun sa family ties?

Mejo kinakabahan ako sa plans ko this year pero ive got treasures of trust kay lord, beleieve na hindi niya tayo lahat papabayaan. God bless everyone!
IELTS band score depends on the requirement of the college/university. If you meet this (and all other requirements), you will be given a letter of acceptance which is required in your application for a study permit.

I think it's ok for your dad to sponsor you. Just make sure you are able to provide his financial docs to show his capability to support you and your studies. As for having a relative in Canada, it will not affect your application especially since cousin mo lang yung andun. In one of the forms you will out (Family Information), immediate family lang ang kailangan ilagay dun. The only time you will mention your cousin (in your study plan/SOP) is if he/she will sponsor you. What you need to show is strong home ties and since you mentioned andito family mo, that's one plus factor already. But of course it does not guarantee din. If you can show na may properties ka dito or may job kang babalikan after you study, mas better.

Hope this helps :)

Gelatine

Jun 25, 2013
starlettedouze said:
Hi gelatine, I have applied for a student permit along with my dependents (OWP for spouse and SP for kid). You have to submit all of your applications together.

We just completed our medical on the 8th and we are still waiting :)
Hi starlettedouze, how do I apply for the open work permit for my hubby? I should fill up the student visa package for myself then work permit for my hubby or naka link yun form for OWP for spouse sa student visa package?

Pasencya na sa abala, I dnt intend to get through consultancy firms kc dhel dati nagbayad kami not much help ren nman cos ako paren mag aasikaso ng mga docs ko. Hope u can further explain to me pano ba i process ang spouse OWP. I just got accepted sa centennial college and I want to start the processing of my visa asap

Krishessss

Jan 11, 2014
starlettedouze said:
IELTS band score depends on the requirement of the college/university. If you meet this (and all other requirements), you will be given a letter of acceptance which is required in your application for a study permit.

I think it's ok for your dad to sponsor you. Just make sure you are able to provide his financial docs to show his capability to support you and your studies. As for having a relative in Canada, it will not affect your application especially since cousin mo lang yung andun. In one of the forms you will out (Family Information), immediate family lang ang kailangan ilagay dun. The only time you will mention your cousin (in your study plan/SOP) is if he/she will sponsor you. What you need to show is strong home ties and since you mentioned andito family mo, that's one plus factor already. But of course it does not guarantee din. If you can show na may properties ka dito or may job kang babalikan after you study, mas better.

Hope this helps :)
@starlettedouze Thank you sooooobra. It gave me hope!

Panong may babalikan na work? Kailangan ba may proof din may work ka na naghihintay dito?

Krishessss

Jan 11, 2014
Gelatine said:
Hi starlettedouze, how do I apply for the open work permit for my hubby? I should fill up the student visa package for myself then work permit for my hubby or naka link yun form for OWP for spouse sa student visa package?

Pasencya na sa abala, I dnt intend to get through consultancy firms kc dhel dati nagbayad kami not much help ren nman cos ako paren mag aasikaso ng mga docs ko. Hope u can further explain to me pano ba i process ang spouse OWP. I just got accepted sa centennial college and I want to start the processing of my visa asap

Hello po ask ko lang po kung ano po dati yung consultancy niyo. This is the first time po kasi na magbabalak mag study abroad or even going abroad, so i dont really have any idea about this. Anong consultancy niyo po dati? Sabi po ksi nun friend ko try ko daw po sa idp for consultancy since i dont have anyone who will help me. This thread nga po buti nakita ko, big help talaga.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Hi gelatine, yup that's correct - fill out the forms for study permit and the forms for work permit for your hubby. Since dependent mo siya, he doesn't need arranged employment. Nakalagay naman dun sa form ano yung mga N/A for him as a dependent Ü

When you do your study plan, mention mo na rin na kasama mo siya para siguradong maintindihan ng VO na magkasama papers niyo. Then file your apps together in one envelope.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Hi krishesss, if pwedeng ganon mas mabuti. Ako sa current work ko now, when I got my COE, I requested na ilagay dun na eligible ako for rehire. And I emphasized this sa study plan ko na pwede akong bumalik sa company ko as confirmed by my COE. Not a job per se but at least makita ng VO na may willing mag hire sa akin at magagamit ko yung studies na ginawa ko sa canada Ü

Krishessss

Jan 11, 2014
starlettedouze said:
Hi krishesss, if pwedeng ganon mas mabuti. Ako sa current work ko now, when I got my COE, I requested na ilagay dun na eligible ako for rehire. And I emphasized this sa study plan ko na pwede akong bumalik sa company ko as confirmed by my COE. Not a job per se but at least makita ng VO na may willing mag hire sa akin at magagamit ko yung studies na ginawa ko sa canada Ü
Pero kailangan po ba yung work related din sa course na kukuhanin? Kasi po BPO po yung work ko ngayon, pero nagrerender na lang po ako ngayon kasi balak kk na po magreview ng ielts. Kasi baka mahirapan po ako sa ielts. ??? Thank you for all the help. ;)

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Krishessss said:
Pero kailangan po ba yung work related din sa course na kukuhanin? Kasi po BPO po yung work ko ngayon, pero nagrerender na lang po ako ngayon kasi balak kk na po magreview ng ielts. Kasi baka mahirapan po ako sa ielts. ??? Thank you for all the help. ;)
Overall, the VO should be convinced that there is a logical reason why you want to study. Hence course you are planning to take should be related to your studies or work here in the Philippines. If not, then make sure you are able to write a very strong SOP as to why you want to take the course in Canada and how it will benefit you back here in the PH.

Krishessss

Jan 11, 2014
starlettedouze said:
Overall, the VO should be convinced that there is a logical reason why you want to study. Hence course you are planning to take should be related to your studies or work here in the Philippines. If not, then make sure you are able to write a very strong SOP as to why you want to take the course in Canada and how it will benefit you back here in the PH.
Ang plan ko naman po kunin na course is LPN or any course related pi sa nursing yun nga lang po wala pa po ako experience related to my course. :(

Gelatine

Jun 25, 2013
starlettedouze said:
Hi gelatine, yup that's correct - fill out the forms for study permit and the forms for work permit for your hubby. Since dependent mo siya, he doesn't need arranged employment. Nakalagay naman dun sa form ano yung mga N/A for him as a dependent Ü

When you do your study plan, mention mo na rin na kasama mo siya para siguradong maintindihan ng VO na magkasama papers niyo. Then file your apps together in one envelope.

chakaz

Nov 19, 2013
if i may ask,... if nakapunta na tau sa canada via an approved student visa or open work permit for accompanying spouse, what are the chances or ways that we could adjust to PR visa?