+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello @mic-mic, alam ko IT ang course mo. Mind to ask which school do you recommend in Toronto that has good reputation for IT courses. Other schools in Toronto is fine. Thanks
Hi snickers,
Yes I am. I took mine in humber but to be honest, the way it was taught wasn't the best. Parang tinuro lahat from web to mobile to back end, etc pero wala masyado specialization. Best is to specialize siguro. Humber, Seneca, centennial and george brown are the colleges that come to mind. Right now I am looking to study business analysis at U of T pero bwelo bwelo muna sa gastos hehe

lucybeth

Jan 3, 2017
Good t the result today. "REFUSED" but life must goes on.

1. Purpose of Visit
2. Current employment Status
3. Personal Assets and Financial Status

Pwede po bang makarequest ng SOP to defend the reasons of my refusal. Under agency ako pero my next application would be DIY n lng ako. Hanggang valid pa yung Medical ko. kasi last Thursday lng ako ng medical. Thanks in advance.
thru SDS po ba kayo?

thedigitalcurator

Sep 15, 2017
Med's Request
None Received
Med's Done....
Not Required
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
21/01/2018
Hello, you do not need an SSN to get an FBI clearance. You just need to provide your full name, bday, address and finger prints. I suggest get a professional service for the finger prints kasi pwede na ma reject finger prints mo pag di malinaw and this will cause more delays kasi mag submit ka ng bago tapos balik ka sa likod ng pila. Also make sure na may sapat na amount yung credit card mo para di ma decline.
Noted po. So I can send them nalang the NBI clearance na hawak ko na at yung proof receipt from Fedex na pinadala ko na sa FBI yung fingerprints ko? sapat na ba yun kasi di na aabot sa deadline (Feb 2) na binigay sa akin if aantayin ko pa yung FBI clearance ko.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
If this was an additional document request, i think you can upload what you have now and also include an explanation and proof that you have submitted the fbi request. They are aware of the processing time to get it. After your finger prints have been recieved, you can actually email them to follow up and once they reply , you can also add that sa proof mo to support na nag submit ka na

Reactions: thedigitalcurator

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hi snickers,
Yes I am. I took mine in humber but to be honest, the way it was taught wasn't the best. Parang tinuro lahat from web to mobile to back end, etc pero wala masyado specialization. Best is to specialize siguro. Humber, Seneca, centennial and george brown are the colleges that come to mind. Right now I am looking to study business analysis at U of T pero bwelo bwelo muna sa gastos hehe
Hi mic-mic, thanks for answering my question. Hmm, it's always like that naman po, usually theory lang matutunan naten sa school, then yun thorough hands-on experience once nagwork na then while working you will know which path you want to specialize in kaya may Masteral (pov ko lang). I'm working as tester and would like to take web development as an upgrade for my field. Marami naman bang demand ng developer sa Toronto? My first choice is to get school in Manitoba para madali ang PR (I have enough points already, I can apply for PR right after graduation since need ko lang is connection) then lipat na lang sa Toronto once may makuhang employer. So may question is, marami naman po bang job opportunities for ITs in Toronto. Ayaw mo na mag developer?

Vani79

Dec 29, 2017
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, nothing is impossible for you"

Finally the long wait is over!
I am a silent reader dito at binasa ko talaga tong forum na to mula page 1 up to now! Seryoso ako! Hindi na need ng agency andito na lahat ng sagot. Maging matiyaga lang hehe!
Salamat din po kay kapatid sa pag tingin ng SOP ko at sa pagsabi na 85% sure makakapasa ako. Hehe!

Here's my timeline:
April 27 ➖ Upfront Medical (St Lukes)
May 3 ➖ Transmitted to IRCC/Medical Forward
May 20 ➖ Lodging of Application
May 21 ➖ Confirmation of Submission
May 22 ➖ ghost email/update
May 25 ➖ ghost email/update
June 2 ➖ Medical Passed
June 15 ➖ update of Review of eligibility from your application is in progress to we are reviewing your eligibility
June 23 ➖ Passport Request/Visa approved

Profile:
*2 yrs course in Okanagan College pero different course somehow related sa course mo. I am a registered nurse here in PH. And therapy assistang ang kukunin ko.
* hindi rin ako nagpasa ng itr,sss,bank statement-pero mas ok magpasa kayo pang strong ng ties
* andito sa pinas lahat ng family ko at wala kaming business permit na pinasa. Solely family lang talaga ties ko
*cousin ko ang nag support sa akin sa accomodation ko and nagpasa kami affidavit,tenancy agreement and id's

PIECE OF ADVICE:
Make your SOP strong and convincing. Declare everything. Lahat ng works activities niyo. Feeling ko sa SOP lang tlga sila tumitingin not sure of it. Make sure na ilalagay niyo na uuwi kayo after finishing your studies. Isipin niyo si Lord kausap niyo sa pag gawa ng SOP niyo. Isipin niyo you are praying for that one thing and gusto niyo makuha.

Goodluck to all aspiring students and Godbless. Always keep the faith.
Hi Badetsky :) kamusta po ang schooling ninyo so far? I also got accepted sa Okanagan College pero 15th day pa lang today ng visa application ko. Hoping to get in. If eve po maapprove, sana po makahingi ako ng tips sainyo regarding the area. Thank you po and God bless!

JanSan

Sep 8, 2017
Nagsubmit ka pa ba ng training certs to solidify the claim? like nursing updates, seminars?
Hi, sorry medyo late reply. Adjusting pa kasi sa class schedule.

Hindi ako nagsubmit ng seminar/training certs. Yun lang eligibility, PRC license, and NCII.

Reactions: ybaa

thedigitalcurator

Sep 15, 2017
Med's Request
None Received
Med's Done....
Not Required
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
21/01/2018
If this was an additional document request, i think you can upload what you have now and also include an explanation and proof that you have submitted the fbi request. They are aware of the processing time to get it. After your finger prints have been recieved, you can actually email them to follow up and once they reply , you can also add that sa proof mo to support na nag submit ka na
Thank you :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi mic-mic, thanks for answering my question. Hmm, it's always like that naman po, usually theory lang matutunan naten sa school, then yun thorough hands-on experience once nagwork na then while working you will know which path you want to specialize in kaya may Masteral (pov ko lang). I'm working as tester and would like to take web development as an upgrade for my field. Marami naman bang demand ng developer sa Toronto? My first choice is to get school in Manitoba para madali ang PR (I have enough points already, I can apply for PR right after graduation since need ko lang is connection) then lipat na lang sa Toronto once may makuhang employer. So may question is, marami naman po bang job opportunities for ITs in Toronto. Ayaw mo na mag developer?
Hi snickers,
I guess it was just the design of our program. I think they will discontinue it because of the information overload. Mas specialized na mga programs na offer nila ngayon. I work as a systems analyst now pero balak ko aral ulit for PMP hehe
Regarding jobs, you will be competing with your fellow graduates, and landed immigrants with years of experience. It is very competitive in Toronto but the jobs are plenty. Luck plays a role din and also the way you do sa interview. In my position for example, fresh grad ako and competed against people who had years of experience. Sobrang swerte ko lang din dahil on top of management experience, may IT background na ako. I just started doing small web projects din so hopefully that improves my skills din hehe

You will definitely do better than me kasi may background ka na. When you are here na, just familiarize yourself oh how the culture here is para you can do well in interviews. Basta practice lang.

I'm not sure about the job market in monitoba though pero if that gives more options then that is a good choice. Goodluck!

kyle23

Jan 25, 2018
Good afternoon po!

Need some help lang po. Business graduate po ako and balak ko sana mag aral sa Canada for postgraduate or masters then work there in Toronto or possibly vancouver. May naka-usap po ako before recommend niya was go for postgraduate then go for masters if interested ka pa afterwards.

Ito po mga tanong ko:
May recommend po ba kayo na agency na pwede lapitan to help my application?
Malaki po ba talaga difference ng opportunities na makukuha sa university kaysa sa college?
May ma recommend po ba kayo na uni/college na ok and di mahirap pasukan?
Kamusta po job opportunities sa Toronto? Or Vancouver?

Pasensya na po madami tanong hope someone can help. Maraming salamat!

Markc06

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Good day po

Ask ko lang po if approved na student permit mo and asawa ata anak naman po aapply owp ky misis at trv sa anak ko. Ask ko lang yung ginamit q bang show money nung nag apply ako un padin gagamitin? Or pwede sa bank account naman ni misis ko para sa knila ng anak ko? Pwede po ba un hnd ko na papakita bank account ko na ginamit ko nung nag apply ako.

Sana po my sumagot. Para my idea po ako thank you