+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

imnotgoodatthat

Sep 18, 2017
Category........
Hi guys! Super thankful to everyone here especially to those who I keep kuliting with pms and questions hehe. Just got my passport request today!

Share ko lang timeline ko:
Applied (online): October 17
Upfront Medical: October 16
Medical Passed: October 30
Passport Request: December 8

This forum really helped, I learned alot! Thanks again guys! Will continue praying for those who are still waiting for their results. To God be the glory!

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi guys! Super thankful to everyone here especially to those who I keep kuliting with pms and questions hehe. Just got my passport request today!

This forum really helped, I learned alot! Thanks again guys! Will continue praying for those who are still waiting for their results. To God be the glory!
Congratulations!

Reactions: imnotgoodatthat

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

Congrats!

Aug 25, 2017
Hello po, salamat sa Dyos padaan ako sa forum na to. Currently gathering po infos para sa student permit, at sa pagback read po, medyo madami dami na po ako nagagather, pero mas mabuti po na itanong ko parin, maraming salamat in advance po sa mga magsshare ng knowledge nila:

Mga tanong ko po regarding:
1. Age - 36 yo na po ako ngaun, if plan ko po mag apply next year para ecollect ang mga documents requires kasi andito po ako sa Maldives, madagdagan po ang edad ko, malaking factor po ba eto para sa refusal? Although me nabasa po ako dito na 39yo sya while applying, pero hindi ko po kasi nabas if na approved sya, or baka na overlook ko lang.

2. Course na kukunin - Bachelor of Science in Accountancy po gradaute ko na course pero hindi po ako CPA. Plan ko po kunin is Business Administration para ma maximise po ang knowledge ko. COnfuse lang po ako, hindi po kaya magrredflag since Accountancy graduate na ako tos mag tatake ako Business Adm?
Nka chat ko dati ung tga wise immi sabi nya sobrangt tanda na raw ung 43 yo na mag student visa magagalit dw ung vo

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Nka chat ko dati ung tga wise immi sabi nya sobrangt tanda na raw ung 43 yo na mag student visa magagalit dw ung vo
Careful in using unauthorized rep. If they dont have an RCIC or lawyer this will be very bad for you.

"We will not deal with representatives who charge a fee but are not authorized. If you use an unauthorized representative, in Canada or abroad, we may return your application or refuse it."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/learn-about-representatives.html

berti4life

Aug 20, 2017

Congratulations. I applied on the 18th oct online. I'm still waiting for the outcome. I pray mine will be positive as well.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
I had a classmate that was 42 (an IT manager) when I met him in school. The other one was 52 (a doctor shifting careers to IT). Both came from south america. They said they got denied at first but re-applied again and got it. I think the challenge with age is not with a student visa but the points you will get in your express entry profile. There will be a certain age cut off where you will lose 5 points on each birthday. If you do good in IELTS, then you can compensate for the points lost, but this is for the next step. Importante makapasok muna :)

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
I had a classmate that was 42 (an IT manager) when I met him in school. The other one was 52 (a doctor shifting careers to IT). Both came from south america. They said they got denied at first but re-applied again and got it. I think the challenge with age is not with a student visa but the points you will get in your express entry profile. There will be a certain age cut off where you will lose 5 points on each birthday. If you do good in IELTS, then you can compensate for the points lost, but this is for the next step. Importante makapasok muna :)
I agree, the older you are, the lesser points you will get through EE, but you can also apply under CEC and PNP (under International student or skilled worker with Job offer) entry streams even if you are in 40s (just my thoughts). :)

Reactions: kagpia

HazelVento

Oct 1, 2017
Hi everyone.

I am an OFW in Qatar and I sought the assistance of PinoyCare.
Napakathrilling ng process. As you all know, sa Middle East, naka block ang Qatar and lahat ng applications sa Abu Dhabi ang lodging. Madami na denied na applications from Qatar kaya ung officer ko ininsist na sa pinas e lodge ang docuemnts to which I complied naman.

Below is my timeline.

October 19, 2017 (lodging of documents to VFS Cebu)
October 21, 2017 (Medical Request)
October 23, 2017 (Medical Result - Medical test is done here na sa Qatar)
November 30, 2017 (Approved Application)

Prior to this, lahat ng mga reference person ko tinawagan ng Visa Officer. Natagalan lang ng 1 week sa HR kasi ung officer na kelangan kausapin ng Visa officer naka 1 week leave. Kaya after nakausap ng Visa officer ung HR Officer ko, na approve na ang application. Verification nya lang ang inantay ng officer. In just about 42 days or roughly 5 weeks of waiting, my application is approved. Prior to lodging my documents, it took me around 2 month to prepare for all the needed documents and PinoyCare is with me constantly checking all documents and making sure nothing goes to the visa officer unpolished.

Friendly advise lang, if may mga reference personm kayo na involved, make sure na maisasali nyo ang personal numbers/ emails nila para if ever man nakaLeave sila, makakausap pa din sila for verification.

Should you need a draft of my SOP, I'll be more than happy to share with you. Please note that you should not copy paste everything as the Visa officer will directly reject your application.
Hi po, pwede po pahingi ng SOP for my reference lang. Im an OFW here in Abu Dhabi. Here's my email add hazel_vento@yahoo.com. Thank you