+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
depends on when you will submit your passport to VFS for stamping...

it usually takes a few days to a week by courier/pickup... mine took like mga 3-4 days by courier.
Thanks Chris-- My passport was included on the application pack when I submitted it to VFS Makati last june 19, 2017 but I haven't received any emails/ texts from them yet. Have any idea about my case?

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello po, pwede po pa share background and timeline. Congrats po! Thanks po. :)
July 3- Application filed at VFS Cebu with upfront medical
July 19- Linked application online
Aug 3- Medical results updated
Aug 15- Reviewing eligibility
Aug 16- Approved!

I still haven't received a message/letter like what my friend has received in her CIC account. Hoping it arrives today :)

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Aug 16- Approved!

I still haven't received a message/letter like what my friend has received in her CIC account. Hoping it arrives today :)
same here. Got approved August 16 and havent received any letter yet.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
hi kapatid! i just wanted to clarify/inquire on something:
regarding the 20hrs/week, I read somewhere here that it applies for off-campus work tpos iba pa yung sa on-campus (meaning you can work two part-time jobs [both on and off-campus]), is that true?
Hindi pwede pagsabayin yun. Just pick one out of the two. Work on campus for no cap or work off campus for 20hrs/week.

Reactions: Alicia_keys

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Aug 16- Approved!

Congrats!
Plan your flight na!

What is your education in the PH and what is your course in CA?

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
This Kapatid told me that my agency is Bogus and I will not get visa--------------- so ano ngayon pahiya ka hahahahaha! FYI never been denied of US, UK, and auatralian visa to date nohhhh

jayn20

Aug 4, 2017
Glory to you O Lord! Visa approved after two document requests.

Timeline:
June 19- Applied paper based thru VFS Makati
July 7- Linked application online.
July 18- Medical request
July 24- Medicals Done
July 30- Medicals Passed
August 2- Document Request
August 8- Additional Documents submitted
August 14- Additional Documents Requested
August 14- Submitted other documents
August 16- Visa Approved!!!!!!!

Oh my!! Thank You Lord! I haven't expected this, after the first document request they still asked additional supplemental docs. I just prayed and crossed fingers!!!

My question guys is, When I will be receiving my passport from VFS Canada, because I need to be in Canada by August 22 because for the School's orientation. Pls guys, I need answers....

Congrats po.. Tanong konlng ano po ung additional docs na hiningi?
Salamat

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Well hanagat di ka pa tapos sa course mo you can keep extending your student permit.
However, there is an issue about working 20hrs/week.
You need to be studying on a full time basis. If you are not studying full time you cannot work 20hrs/week.
And if you will not be studying full time the next semester, you cannot work full time on summer break.
Let me clarify this please. You need to be a full time student for all of your semesters to be considered compliant with your study permit. If you drop any subject within one term, you are in violation of your student permit and you risk it being cancelled. You will also have a problem with your post graduate work permit. You can only be part time on your last semester.

So even if it states that minimum is 9 credits, the average full time load is about 20 or more. Students have gotten denied because they were part time students instead of full time. Mag ingat po tayo

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Hi Scorpio, thank you for your reply. Hope you don't mind may I ask how old are you when you applied for the study permit? at itatanong kona rin sana ano yong course na kinuha nyo po sa canada? Maraming salamat po. May God bless you and your family always.
Uhh enough na yong mas matanda ako sa yo, don't you think? ;) I have a business management postgrad course, since my background in the Philippines is marketing. Good luck.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Let me clarify this please. You need to be a full time student for all of your semesters to be considered compliant with your study permit. If you drop any subject within one term, you are in violation of your student permit and you risk it being cancelled. You will also have a problem with your post graduate work permit. You can only be part time on your last semester.

So even if it states that minimum is 9 credits, the average full time load is about 20 or more. Students have gotten denied because they were part time students instead of full time. Mag ingat po tayo
True.
Sorry, I forgot to mention about being a full time student to comply with the student permit. I was focus on the effect of working with regards to doing minimum credit.
To be considered full time it will be the school who will decide if you are a full time student or not. Dropping 1 subject might still make you full time but chances are you will not.

pinay-nay

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
17 July 2017
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Request
none
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
07 August 2017
LANDED..........
27 August 2017
Glory to you O Lord! Visa approved after two document requests.

Timeline:
June 19- Applied paper based thru VFS Makati
July 7- Linked application online.
July 18- Medical request
July 24- Medicals Done
July 30- Medicals Passed
August 2- Document Request
August 8- Additional Documents submitted
August 14- Additional Documents Requested
August 14- Submitted other documents
August 16- Visa Approved!!!!!!!

Oh my!! Thank You Lord! I haven't expected this, after the first document request they still asked additional supplemental docs. I just prayed and crossed fingers!!!

My question guys is, When I will be receiving my passport from VFS Canada, because I need to be in Canada by August 22 because for the School's orientation. Pls guys, I need answers....
Congratulations! God is good. :)

Reactions: carlotanching

pinay-nay

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
17 July 2017
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Request
none
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
07 August 2017
LANDED..........
27 August 2017
Thanks Chris-- My passport was included on the application pack when I submitted it to VFS Makati last june 19, 2017 but I haven't received any emails/ texts from them yet. Have any idea about my case?
Hi carlotanching! It depends on what kind of delivery you agreed upon before you lodge your application at vfs whether it's for pickup or by courier. Pickup is much faster because you can get it right after you received the sms and email from them. Congrats again :)

Reactions: carlotanching