+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi. When did you take the med exam? And where? Thank you
I took my upfront medical exam last April 12 at St. Luke's in Global City.

Can you pleasee help me out
I applied on 9th june and linked online on 12th june, same day my status was changed medical passed, no need of interview, no background check need, no addtional document need but in review of eligibility shows when we start reviewing your eligibility we willl message you. Today I checked my status. They not started reviewing it still. Is that anyone who faced the same sitution and know about that please share your experience????
Hi! Processing time varies but as of recent days, it takes around 6 weeks for a decision to be made (assuming under the Philippine visa office). Since you submitted your application last June 9, your case is still well within the processing time. Some people get a medical update immediately after, other have to wait longer. If your medical status changed to "passed", that means they're working on your file already.

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Hello Sheila. If you wont mind, may I ask how much is your tuition fee for the duration of your studies? Thank you :)
Hi! For international students, MBA at UofT costs $82,983 USD. If you can, try to get a PR beforehand because locals' tuition is only at $75,390 USD.
There are still a lot of other expenses that you need to consider in addition to the tuition fee. Please see link below:
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/MastersPrograms/MBAPrograms/FullTimeMBA/GettingIn/FeesandExpenses

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Saan ka nga ulit sa Canada, peej06?
EDIT: Ayyy, duhhh, Calgary ka pala. My sister lives there.

If you have not started school yet, you are not allowed to work fulltime OR part time. So start working when you officially start school. Mahirap na magkaproblema.

My advice to you - when you are starting work is to go to the stores around your community and personally hand in your resume. I got my first job that way (in No Frills) ... I now work in Loblaws :)
Most of the part-time jobs are advertised online, especially sa mga grocery stores and shops - off the top of my head, these are the companies you can apply to online:
Walmart, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Cineplex / Scene, McDonald's

Yung mga ok for walk-in: No Frills, Dollarama, Metro

Also, you will need to um .... simplify your resume if you have professional experience back home. This means tanggalin mo sa job descriptions mo yung high-level tasks for example, if you are applying for a part-time job. You can even simplify your job title (ex. Marketing Manager to Marketing Supervisor ....)
Two, always write a cover letter along with your resume or else it won't be noticed or it will be thrown away.
Three, when looking for a job, make a plan. Everyday, make a list of stores you want to submit to and then make a travel plan. Yes, ganun katindi.
Lastly, don't be discouraged if at first no one calls you. Ganun talaga dahil nag-aadjust ka pa sa bagong bayan lol but they will come. It took me almost two months to find a good job. Nobody called me at first, medyo nakakadiscourage, pero once may tumawag na, sunod-sunod na ang tumawag, I even had to turn a few jobs down lol. I started working in October 2015 and have been working steadily since! :)

Good luck!

thanks for this..so helpful... ;)

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, nothing is impossible for you"

Finally the long wait is over!
I am a silent reader dito at binasa ko talaga tong forum na to mula page 1 up to now! Seryoso ako! Hindi na need ng agency andito na lahat ng sagot. Maging matiyaga lang hehe!
Salamat din po kay kapatid sa pag tingin ng SOP ko at sa pagsabi na 85% sure makakapasa ako. Hehe!

Here's my timeline:
April 27 ➖ Upfront Medical (St Lukes)
May 3 ➖ Transmitted to IRCC/Medical Forward
May 20 ➖ Lodging of Application
May 21 ➖ Confirmation of Submission
May 22 ➖ ghost email/update
May 25 ➖ ghost email/update
June 2 ➖ Medical Passed
June 15 ➖ update of Review of eligibility from your application is in progress to we are reviewing your eligibility
June 23 ➖ Passport Request/Visa approved

Profile:
*2 yrs course in Okanagan College pero different course somehow related sa course mo. I am a registered nurse here in PH. And therapy assistang ang kukunin ko.
* hindi rin ako nagpasa ng itr,sss,bank statement-pero mas ok magpasa kayo pang strong ng ties
* andito sa pinas lahat ng family ko at wala kaming business permit na pinasa. Solely family lang talaga ties ko
*cousin ko ang nag support sa akin sa accomodation ko and nagpasa kami affidavit,tenancy agreement and id's

PIECE OF ADVICE:
Make your SOP strong and convincing. Declare everything. Lahat ng works activities niyo. Feeling ko sa SOP lang tlga sila tumitingin not sure of it. Make sure na ilalagay niyo na uuwi kayo after finishing your studies. Isipin niyo si Lord kausap niyo sa pag gawa ng SOP niyo. Isipin niyo you are praying for that one thing and gusto niyo makuha.

Goodluck to all aspiring students and Godbless. Always keep the faith.
Great going buddy! About time...
Good luck for your studies :)

Reactions: Bigman05

winona439

Jun 27, 2017
Hi. Has anyone applied for student visa paper-based this May 2017? If yes, is there any update already?
I lodged my application last May 24. Had my medical June 7 and was forwarded to Canadian embassy on June 8. I haven't received any update from then anymore. Thanks

Reactions: dyannebansal

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi. Has anyone applied for student visa paper-based this May 2017? If yes, is there any update already?
I lodged my application last May 24. Had my medical June 7 and was forwarded to Canadian embassy on June 8. I haven't received any update from then anymore. Thanks
The result will probably be out in the last week of July

sweetybae0304

Jun 27, 2017
Great going buddy! About time...
Good luck for your studies :)
regarding po sa sponsor is ung cousin ano pong docs na sinubmit mo mula sa knya? andto poba cia sa pinas or asa canada...ang galing naman pano po na di kayo nagsubmit ng itr, bank statement etc...ano po ba proof na pinakita nio pra masatisfy na may kakayanan kayo makapag aral sa canada...thank you and congrats

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
regarding po sa sponsor is ung cousin ano pong docs na sinubmit mo mula sa knya? andto poba cia sa pinas or asa canada...ang galing naman pano po na di kayo nagsubmit ng itr, bank statement etc...ano po ba proof na pinakita nio pra masatisfy na may kakayanan kayo makapag aral sa canada...thank you and congrats
I suggest back reading if you want to apply without the help of the consultant.
Most probably nasagot na yung katanungan na yan multiple times.
If you have a specific case or question na wala pang sagot people will gladly answer it.

Pero to answer your question.
You need an affidavit of support from cousin. Doesn't matter where he is.
As long as the one who will provide you with affidavit of support can provide evidence that he/she can support you.

Proof of support
4 months statement history
Bank Certificate – Amount for the tuition + show money
If in Business, provide business registration,
Business permits and all related financial documents (P&L account)
BIR Registrations
Income Tax Return
Assets

Reactions: badetsky

sweetybae0304

Jun 27, 2017
Hi congrats po pwede po bang makahingi ng copy ng SOP nyo thanks.keepeypreciousbien@gmail.com
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, nothing is impossible for you"

Finally the long wait is over!
I am a silent reader dito at binasa ko talaga tong forum na to mula page 1 up to now! Seryoso ako! Hindi na need ng agency andito na lahat ng sagot. Maging matiyaga lang hehe!
Salamat din po kay kapatid sa pag tingin ng SOP ko at sa pagsabi na 85% sure makakapasa ako. Hehe!

Here's my timeline:
April 27 ➖ Upfront Medical (St Lukes)
May 3 ➖ Transmitted to IRCC/Medical Forward
May 20 ➖ Lodging of Application
May 21 ➖ Confirmation of Submission
May 22 ➖ ghost email/update
May 25 ➖ ghost email/update
June 2 ➖ Medical Passed
June 15 ➖ update of Review of eligibility from your application is in progress to we are reviewing your eligibility
June 23 ➖ Passport Request/Visa approved

Profile:
*2 yrs course in Okanagan College pero different course somehow related sa course mo. I am a registered nurse here in PH. And therapy assistang ang kukunin ko.
* hindi rin ako nagpasa ng itr,sss,bank statement-pero mas ok magpasa kayo pang strong ng ties
* andito sa pinas lahat ng family ko at wala kaming business permit na pinasa. Solely family lang talaga ties ko
*cousin ko ang nag support sa akin sa accomodation ko and nagpasa kami affidavit,tenancy agreement and id's

PIECE OF ADVICE:
Make your SOP strong and convincing. Declare everything. Lahat ng works activities niyo. Feeling ko sa SOP lang tlga sila tumitingin not sure of it. Make sure na ilalagay niyo na uuwi kayo after finishing your studies. Isipin niyo si Lord kausap niyo sa pag gawa ng SOP niyo. Isipin niyo you are praying for that one thing and gusto niyo makuha.

Goodluck to all aspiring students and Godbless. Always keep the faith.
congrats! ask ko lng asan po un nagsponsor na cousin mo asa canada ba po o dto sa pinas? ano pong proof of income sinubmit mopo?

sweetybae0304

Jun 27, 2017
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share with you guys my application..

My application recently got approved din yesterday!

I lodged mine online on May 26 and CIC approved it on June 22! Around 4-5 weeks!

May 26 - Submitted application online
May 28 - Confirmation of online submission
June 15 - Medicals passed (I did upfront and submitted it initially na, i think confirmation nalang that they received the medicals on this day)
June 22 - Visa approved

Super laking tulong ng thread na ito... Thank goodness di ako nag-agency pa! It's really true when they say you can pretty much do everything by yourself with help from people na may experience na with this. Thank you so much sa mga feedback din especially na super kulit din ako magtanong sa thread na ito. Prayers and research lang talaga.

Good luck to those who also submitted. :)
hi congrats!baka pede naman makahingi copy po mg SOP nio sir pra may idea lang po

monicajaaye

Jun 26, 2017
Hi! newbie question din po. I lodged my application along with my passport last june 21. but then I have to fly to Hanoi on July 19 - 25. (Mas nauna kasi yung booking for hanoi kaysa sa letter of acceptance ko from canada so I totally forgot about this.). I asked the vfs officer on what to do about this and she told me to email the visa office and ask if I can temporarily borrow my passport. Any idea how to this? thank you!

dyannebansal

Jun 1, 2017

Hi winona same tau, i lodge my application last may 30 sa vfs, naiforward na din medical ko last june 22. Stil waiting for update. Wala ka p din ba email na rrecieve from them? Sabi nila its a good sign daw. Kasi wala pa additional docs na nirerequest sau. Balitaan mo din ako ha.

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017
congrats! ask ko lng asan po un nagsponsor na cousin mo asa canada ba po o dto sa pinas? ano pong proof of income sinubmit mopo?
Citizen na po ng Canada yung husband niya and sister niya. I applied last 2014 as provincial nominee sa manitoba dineclare ko lahat yun para hindi ako hanapan ng butas na hindi ako binafide student. Yap wala po akong ITR na sinubmit since private company kami at binabayaran ng doctor namin ung ITR ko so wala tlga ako maipapakita ung bank statement naman po pede naman po mag submit nun ndi lang ako nag submit kasi 2 days before ako mag lodge ng documents ko nakuha ung bank cert ko so 2 days old lang siya. Sa cousin ko affidavit of support for accommodation ang pinasa namin notarized in Canada. Citizen Id,driver's license,notification assessment,payslip nila

I think it depend tlga sa VO kung sobrsng generous ng visa officer papasa ka tlga lalo na kung sobrang detailed ng SOP mo. Sa funds ko sa akin nakapangalan ang bank cert ko at may gift affidavit din ako from my grand mother na bingyan nya ako ng cash on hand

Ryan_

Jun 20, 2017
Hi guys, random inquiry lang. Is anybody here studying or planning to study culinary in Canada?