+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hello! :)

Second time ko na mag apply for a study permit. I got it na nung 2012 pero di ako tumuloy kasi di pa ko ready emotionally. HAHA (username ko dito: schoolgirl22 --- di ko maalala password ko LOL) anyhoo, nag apply na naman ako. Submitted my application in June 20, got my medical request earlier today. Will keep you guys updated just in case may kasabay ako. :)

Profile:
Graduated in 2012 with honors
Taking up a course super related to my bachelor's
Lots of MA units from UPD
Valid visas: US, Canada (Visitor's visa multiple entry, meron ako since 2009 in every passport)
Travel: US and Canada twice a year, European countries (Shengen), Dubai (for a 4-day business trip), various Asian countries
Ties: Parents lang nandito sa PH. Both siblings are abroad - US and Canada - food scientist and doctor

Reactions: vonn and RomanSky

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hello! :)

Second time ko na mag apply for a study permit. I got it na nung 2012 pero di ako tumuloy kasi di pa ko ready emotionally. HAHA (username ko dito: schoolgirl22 --- di ko maalala password ko LOL) anyhoo, nag apply na naman ako. Submitted my application in June 20, got my medical request earlier today. Will keep you guys updated just in case may kasabay ako. :)
Hi always1! I also applied for my study permit last June 20. Is your application online or paper based? Grabe nga pala talaga yung waiting period, nakaka-praning! Haha o_O

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Does anybody here or know someone who is an expert or have knowledge of law that can draft an affidavit of support but only focus on providing accommodation?

Mayaril2

Mar 5, 2017
Hello!

Anyone here waiting for their acceptance at NAIT or SAIT? Totoo po ba na maaaring maapektuhan yun application because of realignment daw, I'm not sure what they meant since mag mi-meet pa kami. Baka yun ibig sabihin nila eh yung bagong *Study Direct stream. OK naman cya pero lang you have to pay 1 whole yr po daw sa tuition mo.

Ang tanong ko lang, kase this month lang ni launch yun SDS, naisip ko lang posible po ba talaga maapektuhan yun app ko kahit noong May pa ako nag submit, so mag dadalawang buwan na next month first week. Sing dito same ng situation ko?

Salamat po

keepey29

May 11, 2017
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share with you guys my application..

My application recently got approved din yesterday!

I lodged mine online on May 26 and CIC approved it on June 22! Around 4-5 weeks!

May 26 - Submitted application online
May 28 - Confirmation of online submission
June 15 - Medicals passed (I did upfront and submitted it initially na, i think confirmation nalang that they received the medicals on this day)
June 22 - Visa approved

Super laking tulong ng thread na ito... Thank goodness di ako nag-agency pa! It's really true when they say you can pretty much do everything by yourself with help from people na may experience na with this. Thank you so much sa mga feedback din especially na super kulit din ako magtanong sa thread na ito. Prayers and research lang talaga.

Good luck to those who also submitted. :)
Hi congrats po pwede po bang makahingi ng copy ng SOP nyo thanks.keepeypreciousbien@gmail.com

Ryan_

Jun 20, 2017
For those people seeking for a room in Toronto (more specifically Downtown Toronto), I just posted my search experience that includes additional info from UofT MBA students: http://wondersuite.blogspot.com

@ryan, Thank you so much! I am flattered!
Hey Sheila, I just read your post on housing. I'm planning to study in Centennial kasi kung maka-alis na ko this January. San ka pala mag-aral?
If ever matuloy ako, can I contact you? I'm interested with the $350 room na sinabi ng Indian friend mo hehe.

Reactions: Bigman05

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Hey Sheila, I just read your post on housing. I'm planning to study in Centennial kasi kung maka-alis na ko this January. San ka pala mag-aral?
If ever matuloy ako, can I contact you? I'm interested with the $350 room na sinabi ng Indian friend mo hehe.
Hi! Yeah sure. You can add me on FB. Sheila Quiroga. For the 350, you have to search in Toronto when you get there because it's so hard to find them online. I'll be studying at University of Toronto.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi! Newbie question lang, sorry. I just checked my online account and there is an update stating that I passed my medical exam. However, I didn't get an email notifying me of the update. That really happens sometimes, right? That they don't send out an email pero may update? Or should I wait for an email before I consider my medical as officially passed?

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
Hi! Newbie question lang, sorry. I just checked my online account and there is an update stating that I passed my medical exam. However, I didn't get an email notifying me of the update. That really happens sometimes, right? That they don't send out an email pero may update? Or should I wait for an email before I consider my medical as officially passed?
Hi. When did you take the med exam? And where? Thank you

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
Hi! Yeah sure. You can add me on FB. Sheila Quiroga. For the 350, you have to search in Toronto when you get there because it's so hard to find them online. I'll be studying at University of Toronto.
Hello Sheila. If you wont mind, may I ask how much is your tuition fee for the duration of your studies? Thank you :)

I-bha123

May 27, 2017
Can you pleasee help me out
I applied on 9th june and linked online on 12th june, same day my status was changed medical passed, no need of interview, no background check need, no addtional document need but in review of eligibility shows when we start reviewing your eligibility we willl message you. Today I checked my status. They not started reviewing it still. Is that anyone who faced the same sitution and know about that please share your experience????