+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Saan ka nga ulit sa Canada, peej06?
EDIT: Ayyy, duhhh, Calgary ka pala. My sister lives there.

If you have not started school yet, you are not allowed to work fulltime OR part time. So start working when you officially start school. Mahirap na magkaproblema.

My advice to you - when you are starting work is to go to the stores around your community and personally hand in your resume. I got my first job that way (in No Frills) ... I now work in Loblaws :)
Most of the part-time jobs are advertised online, especially sa mga grocery stores and shops - off the top of my head, these are the companies you can apply to online:
Walmart, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Cineplex / Scene, McDonald's

Yung mga ok for walk-in: No Frills, Dollarama, Metro

Also, you will need to um .... simplify your resume if you have professional experience back home. This means tanggalin mo sa job descriptions mo yung high-level tasks for example, if you are applying for a part-time job. You can even simplify your job title (ex. Marketing Manager to Marketing Supervisor ....)
Two, always write a cover letter along with your resume or else it won't be noticed or it will be thrown away.
Three, when looking for a job, make a plan. Everyday, make a list of stores you want to submit to and then make a travel plan. Yes, ganun katindi.
Lastly, don't be discouraged if at first no one calls you. Ganun talaga dahil nag-aadjust ka pa sa bagong bayan lol but they will come. It took me almost two months to find a good job. Nobody called me at first, medyo nakakadiscourage, pero once may tumawag na, sunod-sunod na ang tumawag, I even had to turn a few jobs down lol. I started working in October 2015 and have been working steadily since! :)

Good luck!
@scorpio1641 Salamat sa info, very helpful para sa mga newbies! :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006

Attend our Colleges and Institutes Orientation Seminar on Saturday, June 17 from 1PM to 6PM at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Ortigas Centre, Pasig City, for the launch of the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program, our streamlined study permit process.

Admission to the event is free. To register online for the following sessions, please visit www.cican.eventbrite.com:

Study in Canada and Study Direct Stream (Embassy of Canada and Scotiabank)

Arts and Creative Industries

Business and Entrepreneurship

Information Technology and Engineering

Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts

Health and Medical Science

See you there!

#StudyinCanada #Educanada
I hope you guys have Regulated Consultants or Lawyers from Canada if you will be asking fees from these applicants.

Reactions: Denis 2016

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Ask ko lng po d2 sa 1 yir work experience in a Canadian environment po ba? Eh di ba po,90 days lng ang permit pwede mfile after completing a program? Parang mga 3 months lng po un so panu ung nid na 1 yir work experience?
Canadian experience can be obtain only in Canada and no where else.
I think.
I'm not sure about those Canadian Company operating or have brancher in other country.
But they still count it towards Permanent residency.
Ewan ko lang kung considered yun as Canada Experience. I think hindi.

Reactions: RomanSky

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
@scorpio1641 Medyo na lito ako dito, knuha ko pa naman post-secondary program Business Administration: Software & Technology Management. Ang Bachelor's Degree ko kasi is Nursing, super hindi related s current work job ko so I presume that post-secondary program would be better kumbaga I need to learn the fundamentals.

MERON PO BA DITO S FORUM BACHELOR DEGREE HOLDER NA SA PINAS TAPOS POST-SECONDARY DIPLOMA YUN KNUHA SA CANADA?
Marami. halos lahat ng kumukuha at pumapasa may education sa pilipinas and on general mga degree holder.
Mapapansin mo na kinukuha nila mga 2 years diploma kasi upgrade yun sa education nila.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi

Ask ko lang po if need pa rin po pirmahan ang sop if online based magsend? Thanks.
Lahat ng online na susubmit mo, kahit IMM pa yan, hindi pinipirmahan.
Pero kung pipirmahan mo ang SOP na nagsasabi lahat ng sabi mo ay totoo it will NOT matter.
SOPs are explanation and people do not usually sign them.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
@kapatid Bet ko yun "LONELY CANADIAN" rule. :D
I kid you not. I'm currently helping someone that is eligible for this.
Processing time is around 3 years I think and the documents are being process in the Philippines now.
If successful, and I think it is, since they are genuine application.
She could have missed this opportunity to help her niece if I did not know and did not suggest this.
The applicant will arrive as PR in Canada.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Hi @peej06, Hala Business Admin: Information & System Management pa naman yun kukunin ko sa Canada, same nun course mo ngayun, meron pala nun sa Pinas? San school ka sa Pinas? sasabihin ko pa naman dapat sa SOP walang nag ooffer sa pinas ng course na yan, meron pala. hahaha. :(

Yun IT na kukunin mo sa Canada, Post Secondary or PostGrad Diploma sya?
Marami nagooffer sa PH ng MIS, google mo nalang, eg.

http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/sose/iscs/programs
http://webs3.amaes.edu.ph/amaes/amacu/businessadmin.asp
http://vsb.upd.edu.ph/undergraduate-program/courses#TOC-BA-125---MANAGEMENT-INFORMATION-SYSTEMS

Postsec IT ko dito sa CA

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello @emc2 Fan ka po ba ni Albert Einstein? :)
Grabe, saglit lang ako nawala dami na pinagbago!

To answer your questions po:
-it is called Pinoy Students in Canada 2015. Napaka konti lang po namin wala pa 40. Magkakabatch po kasi kami nila tipsy, floje and scorpio, etc If you are not yet approved of a study permit or not yet in Canada, then you will find the page useless for you. All the wealth of information on student visa application is actually here in this thread ;)

-nanakaw po yung laptop ko containing the files for SOP po but I wrote the guidelines here a few pages back. Also, mine contains business plans kaya hindi po siya ganun ka useful sa iba. The key is just be honest show how sincere you are in your application. Like peej said, just write a sincere letter ;)

-regarding property po, basta po ipakita ninyo lahat ng assets na pwede ninyo ipakita under your name po and it is good to mention that you can gain extra income from it but make sure that it will not look like your main source kasi kelangan may proof of funds ka na covering your expenses.

Dun po sa nagtanung regarding express entry, Mag apply nalang po kayo once you are attending school. The lowest points drawn recently was 415 yata. You can only create an account once you have general IELTS and WES po. Sa case ko po nag submit na kami ng PR application bago natapos si school ko po.

Please pray for us mga kabayan! Medical passed na kami and may isang extra document nalang na hinihingi sa amin! Sana maging PR na kami!

Reactions: RomanSky

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi everyone! Newbie here.

I've been doing a lot of backreading in this thread, since I'm about to make moves in obtaining a canadian student visa. I already identified which state and what school. However, it's in Montreal, Quebec. I can tell their admission processes (both immigration and college) are somehow different.

Does anybody here who also chose the province of Quebec? Or atleast, considered it but changed mind? May i ask why aside from additional requirements like french language?

Also, i'm aware that you have to pass certificate of employment from previous jobs. But does canada immigration also conducts background investigation regarding past and current employers? Aside from validating clear for criminal records? Thank you :)
@nvictoria, I was considering Quebec before because of their PEQ program, and yes you need to be a B2 level in French. After completion of 1800 hrs vocational/diploma + B2 french certificate you can get the CAQ within 21 days then apply for PR processing. But it's not easy as it sounds, you need to be FLUENT in french. Jobs are also limited to those who are not a bilingual (might as well check the JobBank) pero meron naman daw kung hindi choosy. And also, for regulated professions like Nursing for instance, you need to take OIIQ exam (not Internationally recognized) plus French Exam which is the hardest part for you to be officially licensed. Completely different ang rules ng Quebec, so I suggest re-think 100x. :)

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hello @emc2 Fan ka po ba ni Albert Einstein? :)
Grabe, saglit lang ako nawala dami na pinagbago!

To answer your questions po:
-it is called Pinoy Students in Canada 2015. Napaka konti lang po namin wala pa 40. Magkakabatch po kasi kami nila tipsy, floje and scorpio, etc If you are not yet approved of a study permit or not yet in Canada, then you will find the page useless for you. All the wealth of information on student visa application is actually here in this thread ;)

-nanakaw po yung laptop ko containing the files for SOP po but I wrote the guidelines here a few pages back. Also, mine contains business plans kaya hindi po siya ganun ka useful sa iba. The key is just be honest show how sincere you are in your application. Like peej said, just write a sincere letter ;)

-regarding property po, basta po ipakita ninyo lahat ng assets na pwede ninyo ipakita under your name po and it is good to mention that you can gain extra income from it but make sure that it will not look like your main source kasi kelangan may proof of funds ka na covering your expenses.

Dun po sa nagtanung regarding express entry, Mag apply nalang po kayo once you are attending school. The lowest points drawn recently was 415 yata. You can only create an account once you have general IELTS and WES po. Sa case ko po nag submit na kami ng PR application bago natapos si school ko po.

Please pray for us mga kabayan! Medical passed na kami and may isang extra document nalang na hinihingi sa amin! Sana maging PR na kami!
@mic-mic waaaa! napansin mo din ako sir! iba pala yun feeling.. hahaha lol Noted s advise mo sir! Salamat madami! :)

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Ahhh Sila yung promoter ng mga school sa pilipinas?
Para dumami yung mga international student ng pinas?
Kung baga nagpropromote lang ng mga schools?
Yes, nakapunta na ako sa ganyan 2x, sa Fairmont Hotel Makati at Shangrila The Fort last year. Speaker dun canadian ambassador mismo. Yung 2nd time ko pumunta, sa Shangrila, maganda yung fair kasi mas maraming schools to inquire and may mga immigration officers galing embassy na puwede pagtanungan. Pero yang incoming event nila ngayon di ko lang sure pero parang seminar lang at hindi school fair, pero meron siguro immigration officers kasi seminar ng program nila eh

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/study-in-canada-fair-2016-registration-19959899597?aff=eand

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/educanada-fair-registration-27563843197?aff=eand

Last edited: