+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweet jelly said:
Hi bigkahuna,

Anong month ka mag aaral? If for example, Sept ang pasukan mo, kelan puede pumunta dun? and pano ko nga pala ilagay yun
iba character sa family info?

good news, you can apply 4 to 6 months prior to the start of classes. They just released this few days ago.

Pwede na din pala isabay ang medical sa application. Which is good :D Unlike before wait kamuna ng letter for med from them, ngayon pwede mo na include para gagawin na lang nila, bigyan ka na lang ng visa. Pero nababasa ko na ito sa iabng thread, mga pakistan ata or indians sinasabay na nila ung medical nila sa application nila.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/delay.asp

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
peggiechua said:
As what I know, even if you took a 2 year program na walang COOP, you can still work off campus. You just have to apply for it with the help of your school. And you must be a full time student
Hi po peggiechua
Nice to meet you here...

The off campus work is only allowed to schools under the registered list that can be found sa cic website.
So yun, kung di registered... Co-op... :)
Basta importante dapat before applying asseds your chance kung pano ka magka work while studying...

Peggie... Ikaw ba yung magapply sowp?
Thanks! :)

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyle said:
Hi po peggiechua
Nice to meet you here...

The off campus work is only allowed to schools under the registered list that can be found sa cic website.
So yun, kung di registered... Co-op... :)
Basta importante dapat before applying asseds your chance kung pano ka magka work while studying...

Peggie... Ikaw ba yung magapply sowp?
Thanks! :)

Hi Kyle. Uu ako mag SOWP. Nung nag back read ako dito, nabasa ko ung case mo. Ni search ko ung school ni hubby mo, pero di ko ata kaya sa Vancouver mahirap daw kasi ang work dun, sobrang konti. Though na search ko na maganda talga ung Vancouver, weather wise okay sya, though and cons maulan naman daw and mejo snooty daw mga tao dun plus mataas ang cost of living. 6 kasi kami sa family ko, kaya kailangan talga ung pag stayan namin ung maraming jobs and flexible ung mga prices. Mas familiar na kasi ako sa Ontario. If ever mabigyan ako ng SOWP, may mga contacts na ako para sa work. Praying na sana lahat kami mabigyan ng visa. Kasi pag naiwan ung baby ko, parang ayoko muna sumama. Naka apply ka na ba for SOWP and TRV for baby?

In regards to "only allowed to schools under the registered list" speaks for the privately funded post-secondary institutions. Sabi kasi dun "Please note that not all programs offered by private post-secondary educational institutions qualify". But the "publicly funded post-secondary educational institutions" may off campus and COOP program at the same time. "Most" kasi ng mga publicly funded Colleges sa Ontario may off-Campus Work/On-Campus Work/COOP program ung mga courses. Ang pagkabasa ko din, kahit may CO-OP na, kailangan mo pa din mag apply sa school mo ng CO-OP, and kailangan mataas ung grades mo para ma qualify ka sa CO-OP nila. Most nababasa ko ito sa redflagdeals na website. Ung forum kasi dun mga students na mismo sa Canada. And ni post nila experiences nila about teachers/subjects/CO-OP/on campus work/off campus work. Dun din ako nag based kung ano okay na school kay hubby ko ^_^ though may choices na naman ako before pa, pero nag start ako mag compare kung anong okay pag dating sa education and employment rate din. So I guess as long as publicly funded post secondary ung school pwede sya for off-campus work and as for CO-OP, it depends na lang kung offered sya sa course na kukunin mo. I dont know how it works sa Vancouver, sa Ontario kasi base sa mga nababasa ko and sa website ng cic na din, ung CO-OP paghahanap ka ng work dapat related sa course na kinuha mo. So kung IT course, dapat IT din. And kung engineering, dapat ganun din, and base sa mga nakikita ko sa mga course outline ng mga different colleges sa ontario, may schedule sila for CO-OP kung kelan mag start. Most sa mga course outlines ng gma colleges nasa pangalawang term na nag start.

Kaya mejo nalilito din ako ung sabi mo na si hubby mo wala pa work sa Vancouver, though once na nalaman ng embassy na may CO-OP ung course mo or pag ni answer mo yes sa question sa application na is work an essential component of your studies, automatic bigyan ka nila ng work permit, which para sa CO-OP. Di ko nga lam nalilito na din ako, kaya nag search search ako ngayon kung san ba pwede gamitin ung work permit under CO-OP. Which ito lang kasi nakita ko for eligibility for CO-OP work permit:

* You must have a study permit

*Your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada.

*Your employment must be part of your academic program, certified by a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution.

*Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50% (percent) of the total program of study.

As for off-campus work permit pwede ka mag work kahit anong line ng jobs, un nga lang 20 hours lang allowed mag work mga students per week pero full time pag vacation like summer or winter breaks.

Ask ko na lang dito sa forum, na curious din kasi ako. Wala kasi ako makita sa website about dyan. Ang nakita ko lang ung rules sa off-campus work permit. Na hindi ito pwede gamitin for CO-OP, separate apply sya for work permit.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kyle. Nakita ko na ung sagot. Though not direct answer talaga sa question ko, pero sinabi dito na pwede ka mag karoon ng two working permits. One is for off work permit and the other work permit is for CO-OP

Off-campus work permit program

To be eligible for a work permit under this program you must meet all of the following requirements.

You must:

*possess a valid study permit;

*have studied full-time and maintained satisfactory academic standing in your specific program of study at a participating institution for at least six out of the twelve months preceding your application to work off campus (the six months do not have to be consecutive);

*have applied for the off-campus work permit program at a participating institution;

*have been, and continue to be, registered as a full-time student in a program other than English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL);

Note: Full-time status and satisfactory academic standing are determined by your institution. You must complete a Request for Initial Eligibility Verification for an Off-Campus Work Permit from your school which will verify your standing and eligibility. This request is only available via MyCIC, your space on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website. Your school’s Designated Institutional Representative will verify your eligibility and inform you via MyCIC.

*have authorized the disclosure of personal information between the institution, the provincial or territorial government and Citizenship and Immigration Canada;

Note: In order to participate in this program, you will need to authorize the disclosure of personal information between your institution, the provincial or territorial government and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This disclosure will be part of the Electronic Verification Number (EVN) process completed through MyCIC. Failure to acknowledge disclosure of this information will result in not obtaining an Off-Campus Work Permit.

*and continue to fulfil the terms and conditions of your study permit and work permit, if applicable.

You are not eligible to apply for a work permit under this program if you:

*have previously held an off-campus work permit, failed to maintain your eligibility for the program and failed to comply with the conditions of your work or study permit;

*have a partial or full scholarship or award from:
-the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT);
-the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by DFAIT;
-the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA);
-the Equal Opportunity Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile;
-the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program;
-the Organization of American States Fellowship Program;

*are a visiting student or exchange student at a participating institution; or
are registered in programs that consist either exclusively, or primarily, of English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL).

Note: An off-campus work permit issued under this program is not interchangeable with a work permit for internships or co-op placements. However, students wishing to participate in both programs may apply for a work permit under each program, as there is no restriction on holding more than one work permit. You must pay the separate fees for each permit.

Important Information

If your status has expired or you did not respect the conditions of your previous permit, and you now require restoration of status, do not submit an application for an off-campus work permit. You are required to restore your status as a student prior to submission of this application. Should your request for restoration be approved, you may then submit this application. Submitting your off-campus work permit application prior to restoration being granted will result in delays in the processing of your work permit.

The following examples can help you determine if you are eligible to apply under this program.

*If you begin full-time studies in September and continue through to the end of February (with the exception of the Christmas break) then you are eligible to apply for a work permit in March because you will have completed 6 months of full-time study.

*If you begin full-time studies in January through April, but are not enrolled in full-time studies during certain summer months then you are not eligible to apply for a work permit until you complete 6 months of full-time studies.

*If you begin full-time studies from the beginning of January until the end of June
then you are eligible to apply for a work permit in July because you will have completed 6 months of full-time study.

*If you begin full-time studies from January until the end of April, then take a four month summer break but resume full-time studies in September then you are eligible to apply in November because you will have completed 6 months of full-time study in total from January to April, and September to October.

*If you are pursuing full time studies from September to December followed by a co-op work term from January to April.

** If the institution considers students on co-op work terms to have full-time status, and if you continue to comply with the institution’s co-op rules you will be eligible to apply for the work permit as early as March (September to February = 6 months).
* At the time of application, you must still be enrolled in full-time studies and be in satisfactory academic standing.

** Note: Some institutions consider students to have “full-time” status during the “work experience” portion of their co-op program. If an institution considers a student to have “full-time” status during the “work experience” portion of the program and the student continues to comply with the institution’s co-op rules, the student will be eligible for the program. Participation in the work experience portion of the program can be included in the calculation of the six months of full-time studies.

Co-op work program

Work experience is a required component of some programs of study, for example co-op and internship programs.

In these cases, an open work permit can be issued with the institution listed as the employer. In cases where several work periods are necessary throughout the program, the work permit can be issued for the same period as the study permit.

To be eligible for a work permit under a co-op or internship program, the following conditions must be met:

*you must have a valid study permit (unless you are a minor high-school student who does not require a study permit);

*your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada;

*your employment must be certified as part of the academic program by a responsible academic official of the institution;

*your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50 percent of the total program of study; and

*you are not a medical intern or extern, nor a resident physician (except in veterinary medicine

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5580ETOC.asp

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
That i think is more than enough info for everybody...
I have to admit... Confusing narin ang systema sa school.
Pm kita... Let me know kung pano gagawin.
I hope students sa school will read this. I will share them...

Yung expenses and work-sa richmond nakatira yung clp ko so it's a whole lot cheaper than vancouver. Mahal daw talaga dun kaya what they do is to move to neighboring places away from vancouver tutal madali lang naman transpo... Sharing based on experience. Lalo sa school at ang pamamalakad...

Am glad to read all your post.
It enlightens me. Jusko! They have to be informed regarding this...

Anyway,
I read din well researched ka sa applying for SOWP
have you submitted na? Magpapatulong sana ako...

Hope you can answer me on this,,, meron po ba number of months na nasa canada clp ko before i apply?
Like pag work permit-dapat valid for 6months bago apply sowp...
How about foreign students?
Thanks a lot! :)

Thankful ako you're here to share...
Di ko kasi mahanap sagot.

rave21lala

Star Member
May 5, 2011
so allowed prin to have co-op and off-campus work permits at the same time? the problem is, according s ivc, vipm does not have the permit yet for the off-campus. :(

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
rave21lala said:
so allowed prin to have co-op and off-campus work permits at the same time? the problem is, according s ivc, vipm does not have the permit yet for the off-campus. :(
Privately funded post secondary intitution ang vipm
Wala sila sa list eligible to offer off campus

Co-op lang ma offer nila
And since co-op, no need na high grades or full-time or 6mos valid study permit
Like my clp's case - may work permit agad na issue sa kaniya upon landing.
Naka indicate na sa LOA. Di na nagexplain sa immigration officer clp ko noon

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyle said:
Privately funded post secondary intitution ang vipm
Wala sila sa list eligible to offer off campus

Co-op lang ma offer nila
And since co-op, no need na high grades or full-time or 6mos valid study permit
Like my clp's case - may work permit agad na issue sa kaniya upon landing.
Naka indicate na sa LOA. Di na nagexplain sa immigration officer clp ko noon

Hi Kyle. Mostly ang CO-OP moret han one year ang course. May ibang colleges na may co-op ang one year course nila, pero bihira ito. Most often than not, ang co-op program nasa 3 years course or more. If less than 6 months ang course na kukunin, walang co-op ito and normally you don't need a student permit for this. With this, di karin eligible for PR pag less than one year ang course mo sa Canada.

As for maintaining grades, required ito in all colleges and universities in Canada. Once mabigyan ka ng work permit for co-op, it does not mean na pasok ka na for co-op talga sa school mo. INside sa school, you have to maintain a grade of 2.0, sa ibang school 2.5 or 2.75. Hindi pwede ang 3. For co-op kasi kelangan mo pa iaaply yan sa school. Kaya yung iba na di ma maintain ung grades nila, nag shift sila sa course na walang co-op. Minsan kasi, depends sa school pre-requisite ang co-op na matapos para maka graduate, but for some colleges okay lang na hindi. Graded din kasi ang co-op. You'll be graded and evaluate by your employer, and pass nila sa school un. But when it comes to applying for work permit para sa co-op hindi ito mahirap. ang challenge dito ung pag apply nang co-op sa school. kaya ang co-op sa course outline lagi nag start sa second year. Kasi titignan nila grades mo dun sa ist year mo.

The downside lang sa co-op, your school cannot promise you a job. No colleges or universities can promise a job in co-op. May mga school na may contacts pa din sila with companies kung san nag intern ung mga students nila and some schools may partner sila. One example, ung isang school sa Ontario. Ung seneca college matagal na sila partners with IBM company. IBM mismo nag aagawan sa mga interns nila. Noramlly sabihin nila na it's up to you kung makakakuha ka ng jobs. Kailangan talag magaling sa job interview. Tutulungan ka naman ng school kung ano dapat gawin and ihanda sa resume or sa job interview.

Di ko pa nababasa PM mo, kaka open ko lang kasi nito, will reply as soon as I'm done reading it. :)

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rave21lala said:

It's better talga to apply sa publicly funded colleges instead sa private. Kung ito ung way mo para magkaron ng PR, check mo ang cic website mga schools lang na affiliated sa kanila for PR. but mstly kaialngan publicly funded post secondary school and dapat hindi lesss than one year ang cpourse mo. Most of the time mas maganda two years ang course mo, para pag tapos ka na, pwede ka mag apply for PGWP ang mabigyan ka ng three years PGWP or Post Graduate Work permit. Ma recommend ko talga ang Ontario - kasi maraming public colleges dun, mahal ang tuition fee, pero marami ang trabaho. Kung di ka mapili sa lugar, mag waterloo ka, maliit na town sya kaya most students dun nakakakuha ng job during co-op. Okay din ang alberta, mura ang tuition fee and indemand din ang jobs dun.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyle said:
Yes you can.
We dont know how long will you wait before visa arrives.
Some would even take them more than 4months.
Anyway, yung validity nman ng visa will depend sa inclusive dates of your studies
Na nasa LOA mo
Hi Kyle, required po ba study plan/ SOP saten sa Phil kapag ng file? Thanks in advance.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckygurl said:
Hi Kyle, required po ba study plan/ SOP saten sa Phil kapag ng file? Thanks in advance.

Lucky girl you need an SOP. A strong SOP. Dito din kasi sila mag based. In SOP dun mo aksi lalagay kung bakit mo naisipan mag aral sa Canada, why not sa bansa natin, bakit ung school na un ang napili mo, anong future plan mo after you graduate. Kung may intention ka na amg apply for PR, wag mo sasabihin sa SOP un.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Share ko lang itong nabasa ko sa isang pinoy forum. Maganda itong forum, encourage ko din kayo mag join dito. Share ko lang ung ni share ng two students na pinoy:

SOP From Jawn

Hi!

Someone requested me for some help in doing a personal study plan. I don't have my actual study plan with me, but I will be listing things that I remembered doing. Also, I'm not really sure if this has the right format and diction but I sure got an approved visa with it anyway.

So here it goes:
1. I wrote my study plan in a letter format. Hence, I had the basic parts of a letter: a date, salutation, body, complimentary closing, and signature. You may use a block or modified block format; I guess it doesn't really matter.

2. Make sure you write in proper English. Always have a second set of eyes (aka another person) to check your grammar, spelling, punctuation and other important writing concepts such as parallelism and spliced sentences.

3. Start with expressing your thanks in having been given an opportunity to provide supplementary background information in line with your student visa application.

4. Throw in some history of yourself--not too much, but just enough to weave a clear logical flow between what you were doing before and how you came to this endeavor now.

5. List strong points why you are studying abroad. In my case, I said this course is not available in my country; I have a strong interest on it, hence the application. Alam kong hindi naman masama na sabihin pero wag nyo po iuuna yung rason na gusto nyong maging PR kaya nagstudent kayo. Ayos lang naman yun sa kanila pero mas maganda ata kung ang pangunahing rason ay ibang mga bagay na ang tunog ay ang Canada ang makikinabang dito o kaya naman ang nakakarami (e.g. ang iyong bansa, etc.). Mambola na kayo at lahat basta magtunog maganda at hindi garapal ang dating. Hehe! Ang nilagay ko sa kin, "kung may opportunity, magtatrabaho ako sa Canada pero priority ko bumalik ng bansa". O di ba? Kung barberuhin ang study plan, kala mo kung sinong bayani hahaha!

6. Talk about how you plan to go with your actual studies. Are you planning to do part-time while studying? How do you plan to balance studies and work? Perhaps, do you have a strong background of the course that you're applying for so it won't be too challenging for you?

7. Explain your plans and aspirations after you finish your studies, such as going back to the Philippines, going for higher education, etc.

8. If you have any other things to mention to support your application which may not be reflected in any of the other requirements, this is your chance to be heard! But bear in mind that too much information is unhealthy. So mention things that is just enough to help you with your application.

I hope this helps!

Hello po! Nag-apply po ako ng student visa through an agency and I just decided to share the numerous requirements they asked me, although they are not limited and/or definite to these:

Notarized copies of academic diploma/transcript of records
Work reference/experience letters (if applicable)
6 photos (Canadian visa specs)
Notarized copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport (pp.1-8)
Personal study plan (description of proposed program related to your education/work experience or your interest)
Notarized copies of your brothers'/sisters'/father's/mother's birth cert
Notarized copies of your brothers'/sisters' proof of full time study /enrollment certificate (if applicable)
Birth of certificate of spouse and children (if applicable)
Marriage certificate (if applicable)
ORIGINAL NSO Certificate of No record of previous marriage
notarized copies (2) of High school diploma and complete transcript.
ORIGINAL NBI (Original Copy) issued within the last 3 months and marked with
For my course (Health Information Management) and perhaps, for some courses: Keyboarding Speed Test (check course if needed)\
IELTS (Academic) score of 7 on all areas [?]
Proof of accumulated funds to support yourself. These should include, but are not limited to proof of financial documents by whoever is paying, such as
Notarized copy of Income tax documents,
ORIGINAL or Notarized copy of bank records for the past 24 months (bank books and statements),
Notarized copy of fixed deposits,
ORIGINAL sign Employment letter
If in Business, provide business registration, business permits and all related financial documents (P&L account)
If properties, provide notarized copy of Title deed and official appraisal
If someone other than yourself or your parents are providing funding, please provide the following:

ORIGINAL signed letter of explanation as to the reason they are assisting
ORIGINAL or notarized copy of Evidence of their financial ability: a verifiable information from a third party source of your host's income

If payment by Canadians, Proof of their immigration status: Copy of Canadian passport, citizenship card or Permanent Resident Card.

NOTE: Hindi pa po kasama dito yung mga forms na galing sa CIC. Pakicheck na lang ko kung ano yung mga forms kasi yung agency ko lang ang nagpprint para sa 'kin.

Doble po yung hiningi sa ibang requirements kasi my agency's keeping a copy for them for emergency cases.

Sorry po kung di ko kayo masasagot sa processing stuff kasi agency lang ang gumawa lahat para sa akin. Pero eto po yung mga sinabi sa 'kin na baka maging useful sa iba:
Shaky daw ang application ng student visa for Filipinos sa Manitoba (MN), kasi maraming pasaway na mga Pilipinong nag-aapply pero hindi tinatapos yung schooling of 2 years; kaya mas recommended ang Saskatchewan ngayon.
Kahit na di ko pa nakukuha ang visa, pinabayad na ko ng tuition fee for one year (12K+ CAD) kaysa reservation fee na 300 dollars lang. Kasi mas kumbinsido daw ang Canadian government na tatapusin mo ang schooling sa ganung paraan.
Bale, pag nag-aapply daw ng student visa, dapat max of 2 months prior to the start of classes ipasa ang application. Otherwise, ibabalik daw nila kasi masyado pa maaga.
SK is the only province that includes international students in their health insurance program. So, it's for free... unlike in other provinces where you have to pay monthly.

Nasa last stage na po ako ng application ko. Medical exams na, bago umalis for the September intake. Kaya sobrang kabado na (dahil mag-isa lang ako T_T).

I hope these help in some way!

Regards,

JAWN.

From Oliboy:

Hello everybody,

This forum has been so helpful to us that I'm going to give back by sharing my experience with applying for a study permit. I just applied last October 17 through my own initiative. I'm not sure if I would be granted the visa but I hope some people will find my posts helpful, especially those going it alone.

First thing you should be is patient because you will do a lot of reading. Here are some sites I devoted my time on:
Pinoy to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

Ang dalawang ito ang starting points ng research ko. Pagtiyagaan lang basahin at maraming importanteng impormasyon ang makukuha rito.

"Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada." Importante ito lalo na kapag gusto mong makapag-trabaho simultaneous to your study or even afterwards. Hindi mo kasi pwedeng gawin ang ganito sa lahat ng educational institutions. Para makasigurado, mas maganda na don na lang sa mga regulated ng provincial governments mag-apply (public schools). Eto ang ilang sites na provided ng cic.gov.ca:
http://www.aucc.ca/
http://www.accc.ca/english/index.cfm

Nagconcentrate akong maghanap don sa accc.ca. By province ay nakalista ang iba't-ibang colleges at pwede mong ma-access ang mga school na ito directly. Then when you are already at the college's website, you can explore their different programs and entrance requirements. You can email these schools and they will surely reply.

I spent more than two months communicating with different schools to help me narrow down my final choice. I was initially looking at schools in Saskatchewan because the province has attractive provincial nomination options for their international graduates. I inquired with SIAST and at least two community colleges: Parkland College and Cumberland College. I also inquired with schools in Alberta. Naisip ko rin kasi na baka mas madali akong makapasok sa mga booming (daw) na industries doon pagkatapos kong mag-aral. Kaso walang nagmatch sa hinahanap ko na budget, interest at timing. Kahit sa Newfoundland, nag-inquire din ako sa College of the North Atlantic. I was very surprised about how low the tuition fee was here, probably the lowest I encountered. Nagdalawang isip lang ako kasi mataas (daw) ang unemployment rate sa Newfoundland at baka hindi rin ako makapagtrabaho. Wala rin programang nagtugma sa timing na gusto ko. Sa Ontario, nagtanong rin ako kaso napakamahal ng mga programa. Lastly, in British Columbia, I looked at BCIT, Vancouver Island University, and Okanagan College.

I opted for Okanagan College because the program I got interested in (Residential Construction) was relatively affordable, was just 30 weeks duration and was starting February 2013. Isa pa mukhang magandang lugar yung Okanagan Valley sa BC at hindi (raw) masyado extreme ang klima. Kaya noong August, sinulatan ko yung Chair ng Construction Trades nila noong August 2, nirefer niya ako sa International Department nila at nagsabi sila ng mga dapat kong ipadala. Nag-IELTS ako (academic version) noong August 11 at pinadala ko thru DHL ang application package ko (with original IELTS result na) August 30. Natanggap naman ako September 12 at dumating ang original letter of acceptance ko October 5.

Sa pag-apply ng study permit, ginamit ko ang call center ng Canadian Embassy.

http://www.via.ph/ - call center
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/phi....lang=eng&view=d - Canadian Embassy in Manila

Pwede naman daw i-drop-off or mail-in or ipa-courier ang application kaso mas matagal daw ang processing times kaysa padaanin sa call center service nila. Kaya dun na ako sa mas mabilis (kaso mas magastos dahil may P32/minute charge ang bawat tawag at meron pang separate na P350-P500 courier fee na roundtrip naman).

Dito pwede ma-download ang application kit:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/phi....ude.aspx?view=d
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_Eng.pdf - Ito ang Student Permit Checklist na specific sa Canadian Embassy, Manila. Ito ang dapat mong ilagay sa ibabaw ng application mo.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp - Dito makukuha ang mga forms na kelangan ma-fill-up, nandito rin ang Instruction Guide na dapat talagang basahin at pag-aralan para tama ang gagawin mo.

Sa kaso ko ang mga importanteng documentary requirements na pinadala ko ay:
1. Application Form for a Study Permit (IMM1294)
2. Family Information Form (IMM5645)
3. passport photographs, 2pcs. - dapat ayon sa photo specifications ng Canada
4. Processing Fee, P5400, manager's check, pay to "Embassy of Canada, Manila"
5. Original Passport and copy of passport biodata page
6. Original Letter of Acceptance (from the college)
7. Official Fee Schedule (galing rin sa college)
8. A personal study plan
9. Academic documents (original college transcript of records at certificate of graduation ko and also photocopies non)
10. NBI Certificate (original and should have been issued within the last three months; I got mine October 16.)
11. Proof of Funds. Nagsubmit ako ng original bank certification at original 24-months statement history; kelangan talaga 24 months history kaya nag-special request pa ako sa bank namin.
12. Any tuition paid in advance. Sinama ko na rin ang resibo ng tuition deposit na binayaran ko kahit hindi naman daw required.
13. Proof of Employment. Letter of Employment at payslips for the last three months ang kailangan.
14. Birth Certificates / Marriage Certificate ng pamilya ko. Hindi ito hinihingi pero sinama ko na rin para patunayan na me babalikan talaga ako sa Pinas maliban sa trabaho ko. Hindi kasi sila kasama sa Canada. Me nagsabi sa akin na ipadala ko lang daw ang nasa checklist pero naisip ko na baka hingin rin ito additional docs. Kayo na bahala kung isasama ninyo rin ito.

Pagpasensiyahan niyo na at napahaba ang post ko. I'll be updating this thread on the progress of my student permit application. Praying for blessings.

http://lbautista.proboards.com/

HTH :)

Reactions: Ryan_

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peggiechua said:
Lucky girl you need an SOP. A strong SOP. Dito din kasi sila mag based. In SOP dun mo aksi lalagay kung bakit mo naisipan mag aral sa Canada, why not sa bansa natin, bakit ung school na un ang napili mo, anong future plan mo after you graduate. Kung may intention ka na amg apply for PR, wag mo sasabihin sa SOP un.
Thank u so much and very helpful din ung pinost mo from d other forum :) BTW one more question pla, kc I'm a BSN graduate and I'd apply for Early Childhood Education in Canada and I got accepted in a college. So pwd ko kaya ilagay sa SOP na wlang gantong course sa Pinas that's why I'm going to study it? Kc prang wla nman ata d2 ung Early Childhood Education? Thanks in advance :)

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckygurl said:
Thank u so much and very helpful din ung pinost mo from d other forum :) BTW one more question pla, kc I'm a BSN graduate and I'd apply for Early Childhood Education in Canada and I got accepted in a college. So pwd ko kaya ilagay sa SOP na wlang gantong course sa Pinas that's why I'm going to study it? Kc prang wla nman ata d2 ung Early Childhood Education? Thanks in advance :)

Hi luckygurl. May course ng early childhood dito sa atin sa pinas. Ang lam ko kasi ung course na kukunin mo dapat related sa course na kinuha mo sa pinas and related sa work. May isang thread dito, di ko lam kung san sya country galing, ang layo ng course nya sa old course nya. di related, nakalimutan ko na kung ano. Pero di nya pinakita ung TOR nya. Nakakuha sya ng visa naman. DI ko lang lam sa atin kugn strict ba sila pag dating sa TOR.

Kailangan mo lang ilagay sa SOP mo na kasi mas magana ang education sa canada. Sabihin mo na nagkaron ka din ng ibang optios like australia or new zealand, pero na search mo na number one ang canada pag dating sa education. Sabi nga nila mas maganda bola bolahin ^_^ though maganda naman talga ang education sa Canada. San mo ba balak mag aral pala?

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peggiechua said:
Hi luckygurl. May course ng early childhood dito sa atin sa pinas. Ang lam ko kasi ung course na kukunin mo dapat related sa course na kinuha mo sa pinas and related sa work. May isang thread dito, di ko lam kung san sya country galing, ang layo ng course nya sa old course nya. di related, nakalimutan ko na kung ano. Pero di nya pinakita ung TOR nya. Nakakuha sya ng visa naman. DI ko lang lam sa atin kugn strict ba sila pag dating sa TOR.

Kailangan mo lang ilagay sa SOP mo na kasi mas magana ang education sa canada. Sabihin mo na nagkaron ka din ng ibang optios like australia or new zealand, pero na search mo na number one ang canada pag dating sa education. Sabi nga nila mas maganda bola bolahin ^_^ though maganda naman talga ang education sa Canada. San mo ba balak mag aral pala?

Kung may work experience ka as a nurse, and ang work ka sa pediatric, hanapin mo na lang ung connection sa early childhood. pwede mo sabihin na nung nag work ka na and nakapag hands on ka na and nag work sa pediatric, you realized na you'll be ahppier working with children. Knowing na as a nurse di ka naman makakapili kung san mo gusto. As long as makita ng VO officer na related ung early childhood sa present work mo. Kung may common law partner ka or asawa na IT or engineer, mas okay sila na lang mag aral, tapos ikaw sama ka na lang kuha ka SOWP.

or

May masteral ba or PhD ang nursing? Kung meron kasi upgrade ka na lang for masteral or PhD, ang maganda dun after one year, di mo na kailangan nag work experience, pag ka graduate mo pwede ka na aga mag apply ng PR under CEC class. Lam ko one year lang mga masteral degree sa canada, ung kasi mga nababasa ko oen year lang ugn iba nag apply. Not sure kung may mroe than one year na masteral degree sa canada.