+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
yun lang eh, wala pang details about the Express Entry. May nagsasabing mas advantageous to for International Students, yung iba naman sabi baka mahirap na daw. Wait and see lang ... ako rin medyo worried, pero since nasimulan ko na yung process, go lang ng go for now.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Meron na rin info sa cic regarding express entry, pero parang hindi pa ganun ka detailed.. Kaya nga I'm taking a step at a time na lng dn eh.. :D do good na lng muna sa skul and pray harder na sana maging ok and lahat :D

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
erwinjohn997 said:
actually ang tagal ko ng inaayos yung mga requirments ko lalong lalo na yung SOP. dinadasalan ko muna bago ko ibigay sa VFS eh hehe. I mean baka kasi pag chineck ng VFS yung laman ng envelop ko hanapin yung mga school credentials ko. sgro issubmit ko lang yung diploma ko and RLE grades ( HS and college diplomas) kasi ang baba nung mga minor subjects ko dating years back ago baka ma refuse lang hehe.

hey guys yung sa COE pde ba wlang salary included dun? and sinama niyo po ba yung pay slips niyo?

sorry ang kulit ko hahah.:) thanks nga pala aly ;D
ei with my application, I submitted my college Diploma, TOR and Academic IELTS certificate along with my LOA and a copy of my paid tuition fee...

my COE did not include my salary... and I did not include my payslip too... pero ung salary slip ni hubby ko included since cya ang financial sponsor ko... =)

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
elyxandria said:
ei with my application, I submitted my college Diploma, TOR and Academic IELTS certificate along with my LOA and a copy of my paid tuition fee...

my COE did not include my salary... and I did not include my payslip too... pero ung salary slip ni hubby ko included since cya ang financial sponsor ko... =)
hello elixendria. thank you for the info, pero sure na diploma nalang tlga ipapasa ko hehe :) online ka po ba? o sa vfs directly? iccheck po ba nila yung requirments pag ka submit sa vfs? nattakot ksi ko dahil di ko ipapakita yung tor ko ksi may dalawa akong bagsak when i was in college, baka kasi hanapin sakin pag pumunta ako ng embassy :p

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
ei erwinjohn...

here's the complete lists of requirements I have submitted for my SP application last July... hope this helps... =)

- Letter of Acceptance
- Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Academic IELTS Certificate
- Two pages SOP
- Summary of Financial Expenses in Canada for one year
- My Husband's Savings Account, Bank Certificate and Payslip
- Letter of Financial Support
- My Stock Certificate
- Copy of my partially paid tuition fee
- NBI Clearance
-Marriage Certificate
-Birth Certificate
-Certificate of Employment
-Resume
-Passport
-MC worth P6100
-Passport Photo
-Upfront Medical Certificate

Paper application me via VFS Makati... Sila na ung nag-arrange ng requirements ko... Best of luck... =)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@ wondergirl1992: Hi, congrats on your visa! I do have to agree that it'd be better to buy warm clothing here since mas malaki patong ng winter jackets in the Philippines because they know the only market for those clothes are people who travel a lot (a.k.a. may pera hahaha) Trust me, there are a lot of good deals here, especially since Black Friday is coming up. Also, it'd take up more luggage space, and you might want to use every kg you have. Vancouver is getting a little chilly these days though! I would suggest to bring rain boots instead, Raincouver is coming soon hahaha People here have no shame over wearing rain boots, and quite frankly, I find it really comfy hahaha

Re: Application Process
  • I really think having a good travel history will help a lot. In my case, I was a fresh grad and although I gave a Certificate of Employment saying I worked for our family business (not a lot of job experience nor money!), I think it really helped my application showing that I've been to several countries in North America and Europe. It's like showing that you've been through rigid visa application processes before and got your visa.
  • I took the TOEFL because I knew it would test me on American English and it's also a computer-based exam (TOEFL iBT). Most schools in Canada accept both IELTS and TOEFL so it's really up to you to decide where you think you'd do better in and use that your advantage.
  • From what I've gathered here, applying in person allows you to submit more documents that you think will help your application and not be limited with what the online system requires. So if you really feel the need to build a strong case by submitting other documents not on the check-list, then I'd advise to go with the paper-based application.
  • For those who will be financially supported by their parents, I didn't even submit an affidavit, I just gave a signed letter of financial of support and it wasn't even notarized or anything haha but the bank statements and bank cert that I did give was from my parents account, and I included their personal records in my application as well (passport, birth cert, marriage cert, etc.)

Re: Post-graduate permits
Sobrang totoo ang sinasabi ni DocRZ and mumay14. Ang daming changes na ginagawa sa immigration this year, and I think it is about time they notice the impact international students are making on the economy.* However, we as students should also be prepared for every outcome possible. The mere fact that we were able to get Canadian credentials is a big advantage already wherever we decide to go next, but like with any diploma from any institution in the world, WE ARE NEVER GUARANTEED ANYTHING!

*Fun fact:
In BC, the total spending of international students contributed $2.3B to the province's economy, $80M to the government's revenue and created 25,490 jobs (2012-2013).

Source: BC Council for International Education, "3-YEAR UPDATE ON THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION IN BRITISH COLUMBIA". (2013)

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
So Humber replied to my application stating that they cannot open my attachment :p I just sent it so hopefully that works well ;D A good news I'd like to share is that I now have two academic references ;D I'm currently doing my Statement of Research Interest and then will be submitting everything to the university na. Please wish me luck as this will be an integral part of the application ;) :D ;D

KiMango

Aug 22, 2014
Hello po. Na refused po yung visa application ko last August dahil hindi po ako nakasubmit ng police clearance pero wala naman po akong natanggap na request letter from the embassy. Sinubukan po ipa reconsider ng agency ko pero hindi po nag reply ang embassy. Nag apply po ulit ako nung Oct 7. Hindi na rin po ako nag pa medical ulit kasi, receipt na lang galing sa medical exam ko noong July ang kinuha sa akin.

Kahapon po (Nov.11), nag email na ang embassy na kailangan kong isubmit sa kanila ang passport ko. Sure na po ba yun na accepted na ako? Baka po kasi refused po ulit ako. Eh pasukan ko na po sa January. Naipadala ko na rin po kanina yung passport ko sa Embassy sa Makati thru LBC. Paano po yung pagbalik ng passport ko? Gusto ko po sana na ipadeliver nila sa akin dito sa probinsya. Thank you. :)

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
KiMango said:
Hello po. Na refused po yung visa application ko last August dahil hindi po ako nakasubmit ng police clearance pero wala naman po akong natanggap na request letter from the embassy. Sinubukan po ipa reconsider ng agency ko pero hindi po nag reply ang embassy. Nag apply po ulit ako nung Oct 7. Hindi na rin po ako nag pa medical ulit kasi, receipt na lang galing sa medical exam ko noong July ang kinuha sa akin.

Kahapon po (Nov.11), nag email na ang embassy na kailangan kong isubmit sa kanila ang passport ko. Sure na po ba yun na accepted na ako? Baka po kasi refused po ulit ako. Eh pasukan ko na po sa January. Naipadala ko na rin po kanina yung passport ko sa Embassy sa Makati thru LBC. Paano po yung pagbalik ng passport ko? Gusto ko po sana na ipadeliver nila sa akin dito sa probinsya. Thank you. :)
1st of all, congrats! :) 2nd,did you follow their instructions on how to pass your passpor? Then dnt wory, it will be forwarded back to you.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
micmic said:
So Humber replied to my application stating that they cannot open my attachment :p I just sent it so hopefully that works well ;D A good news I'd like to share is that I now have two academic references ;D I'm currently doing my Statement of Research Interest and then will be submitting everything to the university na. Please wish me luck as this will be an integral part of the application ;) :D ;D
All the best mic

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Hi po! Approved student Visa Online application.

Ask ko Lang po if okay naman homestay (for two months) while looking for an apartment. Or apartment na po agad? Thank you!

Hopefulgir08

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2014 (July 1, 2014 refused due to foreign police clearance) October 29, 2014 (reapplied)
Med's Request
June 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 19,2014
Passport Req..
Paper Application. November 4, 2014(approval email rceived)
VISA ISSUED...
November 6, 2014 Passport received
LANDED..........
November 2014
Hello everyone! :) meron ba dito who applied for a US tourist visa? Mahirap ba? Just thinking bout visiting some friends, since malapit lang naisip ko na mag-apply. :) ty

KiMango

Aug 22, 2014
aly911 said:
1st of all, congrats! :) 2nd,did you follow their instructions on how to pass your passpor? Then dnt wory, it will be forwarded back to you.
Thank you po. Yes, kasama po ng passport ko yung request letter from the embassy.

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
vash021 said:
Paper based ba kayu nag apply?

Mas unti kasi requirements pag onlne
I applied online. Looks like there would be fewer requirements online, but it would still be up to you how you want to make your application strong. For me & with my understanding based on back-reading on this forum, I submitted important & relevant documents, even those not on the requirement list, plus with my best SoP, of course. Just remember, it's mostly 0% chances of getting interviewed by the VO(s), so might as well provide them just enough (but not scarce) information to give them enough proof to approve your Study Permit. May data limit naman for upload, di ba?
It's a hard & scary experience..but with PRAYERS, HOPE & FAITH, we all get through!
Are you planning to do the paper-based or online?