+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
For those who applied for a study permit last Feb or Mar, have you guys heard from IRCC yet? Meron na bang na approve?
I have applied on the 28th of January, everything was smooth until After April 3 I did not receive any update. Biometrics-Medicals-Notification of Biometrics was also received on the 3rd of April.

Until now nothing.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi guys. I just received my stage 1 approval. I just want to ask if it is advisable to continue with the fall semester or just defer it instead? Thank you

FYI, I lodged my application on the 25th of june.
I would like to ask kung kelan mo nareceived un biometric instruction letter?

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
The day after lodging my application
Hindi ka pa nakapag biometrics diba? Kasi close pa ang Vfs? What did you do afterwards?
I lodged my Sp with family SDS application last Monday August 3, received Biometrics instruction letter yesterday. Now the status shown on GCKey is Action Required. Vfs still closed, ni chance to do biometrics.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Hindi ka pa nakapag biometrics diba? Kasi close pa ang Vfs? What did you do afterwards?
I lodged my Sp with family SDS application last Monday August 3, received Biometrics instruction letter yesterday. Now the status shown on GCKey is Action Required. Vfs still closed, ni chance to do biometrics.
Same lang tayo ng case since biometrics din kulang sa akin. Di ko lang sure sa SDS kasi regular ako. Eh baka madaming sds applicants na backlog ngayon sa edmonton, canada. Unlike here na medyo kokonti lang siguro

Reactions: yasemin09

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Ano nilagay mong country for processing, singapore or philippines? 12 weeks lang kasi for philippines ngayon unlike singapore na 18 weeks.
Singapore pero I think they still enlist me in my country of origin which is, Phillippines. Yung process though is magkaiba since we have different vfs center. I did not apply SDS since singapore ako nag lodge. It's been so long and I already asked for another deferral to January Intake. Previously i already deferred from May to September.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Singapore pero I think they still enlist me in my country of origin which is, Phillippines. Yung process though is magkaiba since we have different vfs center. I did not apply SDS since singapore ako nag lodge. It's been so long and I already asked for another deferral to January Intake. Previously i already deferred from May to September.
I’m really confused that I came first before you who has a complete application. Alam ko dapat kayo priority before kaming incomplete eh. Di kaya dahil nag webform ako na deadline ng deferral ko is august 15? But that is way back july 15.

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
I’m really confused that I came first before you who has a complete application. Alam ko dapat kayo priority before kaming incomplete eh. Di kaya dahil nag webform ako na deadline ng deferral ko is august 15? But that is way back july 15.
I have raised questions/update few times through webform and have not get any response from them.

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
I have raised questions/update few times through webform and have not get any response from them.
This is my timeline

October 2019 - I got my letter of Acceptance from Fanshawe College.
28 Jan 2020 - I submitted my application ONLINE (The lag time from 2019-2020 was used in gathering all the papers I need for the submission.)
29 Jan 2020 - Notification from IRCC that i will need to submit my biometrics to any VFS Centre near me
13 Feb 2020 - I Submitted my Biometrics (It took me around 2 weeks to wait for my appointment, slot comes in a first-come-first-serve basis)
27 Feb 2020 - I have received a request to undergo for Medical Examination
7 Mar 2020 - I finally went for medical exam.(Again, need to book the appointment)
27 Mar 2020 - IRCC notified me that my results in medical exam passed.
3 April 2020 - A correspondence letter was sent to me - this contains the validity of my Biometrics.
They say that if you receive this letter, your visa is bound for decision. Your visa may be approved/ disapproved in the coming few days.