+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
ung purpose of visit mo is not tie to your Employment Prospects in Home Country. Dapat it must show a logical progression of your career. It should improve your abilities, or fill a gap that you have from your pevious education kahit pa hindi MBA ang program mo or not PG ok lang.. Highlights the courses you will take na hindi mo pa nakukuha sa previous study or work mo, or if the specific courses are not available in your country. Be specific and straight to the point kasi your reason for visiting Canada is to study, and why would you study? Kasi you want to improve your employment prospects in the Philippines. Just my two cents po.
Yes I did that po in my SOP. I always made it a point to stress it in the 4 times I applied, pero palaging same reason po ako narerefuse :(

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Good day po. Gusto ko po sana humingi ng tulong. Narefuse po kasi study visa ko for the 6th time last May 12.

Kuha po sana ako Technical Communication post grad cert sa Seneca College. Eto nakalagay GCMS notes ko:

"Documentation on file reviewed. I note the applicants numerous previous refusals for a Canadian SP. Applicant wishes to undertake a technical writing certificate program at Seneca College. I note that according to the applicant's resume he already works in a technical writing job, has 17 years of professional writing experience including supervisory positions and holds a BSC in Communications Technology Management from the Philippines. As such, I am not satisfied that the proposed course of studies reflects a logical academic or career progression for the applicant. Therefore I am not satisfied with the applicant's purpose for studying in Canada, nor that the applicant would be a genuine student whose intent is to study and would respect the terms of admission. Application denied."

First of all po kasi iba naman po technical writing sa ginagawa ko ngayon, which is a web content writer. Yung technical writing kasi more on IT writing siya (inexplain ko po ng mabuti yang difference dun sa SOP ko.) Please advise na lang po pwede ko gawin. Thanks.
Hello po! Sa opinion ko po, nagmamatter talaga na “reasonable” course yung ita-take mo sa Canada. Given na ganyan yung resume po, sobrang impressive na. Bale overqualified ka na siguro po kaya di nakita ng Visa Officer yung necessity bat mo pa need kunin yung course na yan. Baka kasi madaming similarities yung current proffession mo at yung gusto mong i-apply na course. I think you need to think of another course po. Yung need mo pa talaga pag-aralan. Yung majujustify mo na need mo pa i-learn at i-improve. It wouldn’t hurt din po if medjo related sa profession mo. But not too similar na parang magiging redundant na. :)

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Hi po! May question lang po sana ako. Course ko po kasi nung college dito sa PH is tourism management pero ngayon ay nasa logistics industry ako (consistent from first job until now). Would it raise additional questions po ba sa application ko if ang program na i-a-apply for sp is business/logistics related rather than tourism? Thank you
Hello po! I think okay lang po yan. Mas ma jujustify mo kung bakit need mo pa mag aral sa Canada kung ganun. Kasi you’ve graduated from Tourism pero more on Logistics current work mo. Pwede mo i-rason na you want to have proper education about Logistics so that you can be better at your job Emphasize mo lang na needs improvement pa talaga yung “Logistics” skills and knowledge mo.

Reactions: Annmiran

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Hello po! May plano po bang mag apply for Jan 2021 Intake dito? Are you willing to go ONLINE pa din po ba in case (God Forbid) di pa talaga magpapasok yung Canada? I’m having doubts kasi if magstastart na akong mag apply ngayon kasi I really want to WORK. So prefer ko talaga sana na makakapasok ako sa Canada, di mag online classes dito sa Pinas. Please advise.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hello po! Sa opinion ko po, nagmamatter talaga na “reasonable” course yung ita-take mo sa Canada. Given na ganyan yung resume po, sobrang impressive na. Bale overqualified ka na siguro po kaya di nakita ng Visa Officer yung necessity bat mo pa need kunin yung course na yan. Baka kasi madaming similarities yung current proffession mo at yung gusto mong i-apply na course. I think you need to think of another course po. Yung need mo pa talaga pag-aralan. Yung majujustify mo na need mo pa i-learn at i-improve. It wouldn’t hurt din po if medjo related sa profession mo. But not too similar na parang magiging redundant na. :)
Ok thank you po. Actually inexplain ko naman po sa SOP na magkaiba po talaga traditional writing sa technical writing. Pero hindi pa rin talaga po kumagat. Anyway, thank you po for the advice :)

Annmiran

Jul 22, 2020
Hello po! I think okay lang po yan. Mas ma jujustify mo kung bakit need mo pa mag aral sa Canada kung ganun. Kasi you’ve graduated from Tourism pero more on Logistics current work mo. Pwede mo i-rason na you want to have proper education about Logistics so that you can be better at your job Emphasize mo lang na needs improvement pa talaga yung “Logistics” skills and knowledge mo.
Thank you so much for replying! may God bless you po :)

jmlualhati

May 20, 2020
June 25, online regular. Kinakabahan ako kung aabutan ako nung first stage approval.
Abot naman kasi until September 15 naman ata yun? Kaso need na nga ng first stage for enlistment of courses. Consult mo nalang sa adviser mo kung hanggang kailan pwede maghintay ng stage 1 approval, otherwise defer na talaga

Annmiran

Jul 22, 2020
Good day po. I was rejected thrice for a tourist visa due to travel history, funds, and purpose of stay. We mentioned then na i'll be sponsored and accommodated by my aunt who lives there kaya we think that was one of the major reasons why I was rejected. Now po mag aapply ako ng student permit and we'll not involve/mention my aunt in any way (mapa accomm or sponsorship) Pero my school is in their area (alberta). Would the visa officer revisit my application history for tourist visa? We're worried na even though we have strong documents, they would still see na I have a relative on my previous tourist applications and make it a ground for refusal on my student permit. Thank you in advance po to anyone who has information/thoughts on this

jmlualhati

May 20, 2020
Good day po. I was rejected thrice for a tourist visa due to travel history, funds, and purpose of stay. We mentioned then na i'll be sponsored and accommodated by my aunt who lives there kaya we think that was one of the major reasons why I was rejected. Now po mag aapply ako ng student permit and we'll not involve/mention my aunt in any way (mapa accomm or sponsorship) Pero my school is in their area (alberta). Would the visa officer revisit my application history for tourist visa? We're worried na even though we have strong documents, they would still see na I have a relative on my previous tourist applications and make it a ground for refusal on my student permit. Thank you in advance po to anyone who has information/thoughts on this
It is advisable to declare any family member/s during this pandemic (so have a "definite" place to stay). and the visa officer will probably look at the grounds of your refusal since it happened three times.