+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody who enrolled a child without study permit? Please help.

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Hi guys. I am so counfused with study permit exemption

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-minors.asp

Exceptions: Studying without a study permit
In some cases, minor children do not need a study permit to study in Canada. These cases include:

minor children attending kindergarten;
minor children who are refugees or refugee claimants, or whose parents are refugees or refugee claimants; and
minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school.
When minor children studying in Canada without a permit reach the age of majority (turn 18 or 19 depending on the province or territory), they must apply for a permit if they want to continue studying.

My friend who has an open work permit as a welder brought his wife and 3 year old girl from home country. His wife and a child received 6monts visitor permit at the airport when they enterned Canada.

His wife wants to switch it to open work permit. So I told my friend she can recieve open work permit till my friend's visa expires. What I don't know is about his child. He also wants to extend his child's permit till the same date as him and his wife, and also to study at the daycare or something.

To me, it seems that my friends does not need a sutdy permit for his child according to the instruction. So, can he extend te child'svisa as a TRV (visitor) and study ? and my friend has to use a form of IMM5708? (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp)

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
Re: Scylla, please help.

Should direct message her ;) all seniors here are very much helpful :)

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Children of foreign workers attending primary education do not need a study permit. Your friend should apply to extend her stay as visitor along with his wfe's open work permit.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi. My husband is a welder, my daughter was 11 years, when we come to Canada as a visitor. She couldnt start any school, without study permit. We had to wait when my husbands process started, we had to proof we applied for work visa.then she could start elementary school. We are in Toronto. You should check the website of the school board for details.