+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody has any questions for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney?THE ANSWERS!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
My Boss and I will be attending a Town Hall Meeting in North Vancouver this Saturday with Immigration Minister Jason Kenney and the 2 North Shore MPs Andrew Saxton and John Weston.During this event there will be an opportunity to ask questions,My friend and I have agreed to ask him the 2 BEST questions that you guys want to ask.Serious Questions only.This town hall meeting is on the occasion of the Persian New Year

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
Re: Anybody has any questions for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney?Now you can

I will have a think....

A

adnan_hsn

Of course, I want to know if Canada is going to follow Australia in cutting the number of immigrant intake for 2009/10.

abasossi

Feb 7, 2009

my question is when the 38 noc will be reviewed or changed

flake

Mar 9, 2009

CIC does talk slightly about possible humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) considerations for "some" applicants who fall in the period Feb 27, 2008-Nov 28, 2008. How discretionary can the immigration officers be in order to put this option to use so that some applicants can go through?

assagai

Mar 11, 2009
family class sponsorship

I’d like to ask a question regarding family class sponsorship.
It is well known that processing time for this class (for the exception of spouses and children) is beyond reasonable. Partly this is due to the fact that you have to add processing time of Mississauga center (about 2 years) and processing time in the country where application is filed (anywhere from 1 to 5 years). For elderly people (e.g. parents) such waiting time is inhumane and in many cases unacceptable.
What CIC intends to do about it?
Many banks or financial institutions make financial assessment of your situation within days. Why does it take CIC 2 years? By all standards this term is devoid of sense.
Why is it not possible to start the process of financial assessment of the sponsor and application in country of residence simultaneously? There is not risk for CIC as all parties pay irrevocable application fees.
Issuance of visas could be made subject to successful completion of financial assessment of the sponsor.
This one single step can drastically reduce overall process length without compromising financial stability of Canada. Why cannot CIC implement at least this improvement at no cost to itself?
Current CIC’s strategy is: “Let them die out. Time is on our side.”
That’s not what they say. That’s what they do in practice.

If you find this question of interest please pass it to The Honourable Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008

I believe most of us like to know is the CIC going to speed up the process of those pre-Feb 2008 applications. It has been a long wait for many of us.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009

(a)Ciu, sydney should be approachable by email or phone in case of inordinate delays.(b) how exactly minister intends to ensure that his instruction regarding processing timd is implemented(c) is it true that interviews will be exempt for applications approved by ciu sydney

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008

My question:
Starting when will the timeline of permanent residency process in 6-9 months as mentioned last year be implemented. Currently FSW process takes a long time while PNP process is faster.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009

I would second assagai's question. Very apt!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........

I like the first question from Babu, how does someone whose application has taken a long time at Sydney know that theirs is being processed vs. being lost in the post vs. other reasons. Current process doesn't allow for people to query their application to Sydney and doesn't give them a way to check it on the net. Currently, someone only knows that their application was safe when the whole Sydney process is over but it gives them no way to check before hand that CIC received it (unless they send it by courier which can be expensive).

I can easily think of a way to correct this without a callcenter. So my opinion is that the process is not optimized or at least, it doesn't seem to be. You should ask the minister if he would want someone to help optimize the process (pro-bono). I'd find it interesting to do it.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009

In addition to all, I would like to add below questions from my side..

1. Will this new processing (Under 38 Occupations) time be same across all country or it differ from country to country? esp when few countries have VERY long processing time (upto 5- 7 years).
2. Will Canada temporary stop or hold immigration process some time in end 2009 or Year, 2010? Because of Unemployment and bad market condition.

sethi104

Mar 11, 2009
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
29-12-2010
AOR Received.
1st 10-03-2011, 2nd 06/04/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
God Knows
Passport Req..
03-10-2011 SENT ON 10-10-2011 RPRF Encashed 27th Oct. DM oN 6TH Nov.
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2011
LANDED..........

HELLO Sir.
I AM CONFUSED ABOUT Y APPLICATION FOR PR.

I HAVE APPLIED PR FOR CANADA WITH AEO IN AUG. 2008.

THE AEO IS IN NOC OCCUPATON.

I RECIEVED MY FILE NO AND WHEN I CHECK ONLINE MY APPLCATION STATUS IT SAYS THAT WE ARE PROCESSING UR APPLICATION FROM AUG. 29.

BUT NOW YESTERDAY I HAVE CHECK MY STATUS THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS TRANSFERED TO SYDNEY NOVA SCOTIA OFFICE AND THEY WLL MAY CONTACT YOU.

I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED ABOUT THIS THAT WHY THY HAVE SENT APPLICATION THERE.

PLEASE HELP ME and talk this issue to minister

sethi104

Mar 11, 2009
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
29-12-2010
AOR Received.
1st 10-03-2011, 2nd 06/04/2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
God Knows
Passport Req..
03-10-2011 SENT ON 10-10-2011 RPRF Encashed 27th Oct. DM oN 6TH Nov.
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2011
LANDED..........

i have applied in new delhi office india

mavis

Jul 16, 2008

Hi BCguy,

I just want to ask why I was not eligible even I was educated in Canada and lived in Canada continuously for ten years, although I left Canada for ten years. However, my past ten years experience in Canada was counted into neither Canadian Experience Class nor got any advantages from the new system. Thx a lot.