+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anybody got visitor visa for spouse?? please help

amash

Dec 23, 2011
guys..i am in great need,,
please let me know if anybody applied for visitor visa to visit husband/wife and got the visa??
m waiting,.,.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amash said:
guys..i am in great need,,
please let me know if anybody applied for visitor visa to visit husband/wife and got the visa??
m waiting,.,.
As mentioned, if you have applied for PR already, then the likelihood of getting a TRV is not high.
The assumption is that the person visiting will overstay.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
hi umairraja52 and baloo

i have not applied for PR. still i did not get visa. rejected on two reasons-purpose of visit and family ties in india and canada.
help me out on how to prove these two points.
i want to reapply.please help guys.waiting.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
baloo..so does that mean we should not apply for trv anymore.
there r many people on this forum who got visas.
what u said is just an assumption not surety!!
i just want to prove two points: purpose of visit and family ties in india and canada.
let me know if u have any sample SOP or any idea of how to prove these two points in professional language in SOP.
or any other documents proving/supporting these two points.
please help.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
amash said:
i just want to prove two points: purpose of visit and family ties in india and canada.
let me know if u have any sample SOP or any idea of how to prove these two points in professional language in SOP.
please help.
All he is saying is that the probability is low, nothing is a surety when it comes to TRV applications.

For purpose of visit, just write the truth , a good honest letter stating your reasons for wanting to visit, and your reasons for coming back.

Some strong proofs are 1)Letter from employer stating when you will come back, salary etc..2)Return ticket, 3)Enough funds to support yourself, 4)Travel health insurance, 5) Property in your country

That's really all you can show, there is no magic document or letter.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amash said:

Not at all, if you are happy spending the money there is no problem applying.
Just be aware that the probability of being granted a TRV is quite low.

True, but the percentage of applicants that are granted TRV's in these circumstances is low.

There is never a 100% guarantee with immigration, but if you check the numbers then you will find the point I make is valid.

Then be truthful, provide as many facts as you can.

You will need to provide your SOP, nobody can know your situation as well as you do.
You may find example documents online, but you really need to complete your application with your details.

See the post from AAL1984 "there is no magic document or letter".

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Amash, look at the points I wrote, I think if you have those things you'll have a strong profile. But please understand that it's up to the visa officer, and it's impossible for anyone to predict what they'll do, each case is different.

I know it's frustrating to be away from your spouse, if you don't get a TRV visa, perhaps your spouse can take a vacation and visit you in your country?

Just a suggestion, all the best.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
thank u for ur reply guys :)
tell me one thing, what should we write in the purpose of visit section in the main form?? 'tourism' or 'other'?? if 'other', then what should we write the specific reason??

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
amash said:
thank u for ur reply guys :)
tell me one thing, what should we write in the purpose of visit section in the main form?? 'tourism' or 'other'?? if 'other', then what should we write the specific reason??
I would write tourism, keep it simple, mention some tourist areas close to where your spouse lives that you would like to visit.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
thanks AAL1984.
just help me out with this. how can i prove family ties in india and canada.
i have provided pan cards of my family members.shown their bank accounts.marriage certificate of me and my husband(who is in canada).there is nothing i can find to attach to prove this point now.
please guide me.
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to focus on proving strong ties to India to prove you will return home once your visit to Canada is over.

In addition to showing family ties, you should show as many of the following as you have: property ownership, business ownership, rental/lease agreements, personal bank accounts and other assets, proof of employment, proof of school attendance, etc.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
amash said:
thanks AAL1984.
just help me out with this. how can i prove family ties in india and canada.
i have provided pan cards of my family members.shown their bank accounts.marriage certificate of me and my husband(who is in canada).there is nothing i can find to attach to prove this point now.
please guide me.
thanks

Look Amash I already told you what to show.

You need to show ties to INDIA, that's it, don't show any ties to Canada.

What you need to show is reasons for you to come back to India, you need to show your bank accounts in India, not those of family that won't help yo much.

For the last and final time, some strong proofs are.

1)Letter from employer stating when you will come back, salary etc..2)Return ticket, 3)Enough funds to support yourself, 4)Travel health insurance, 5) Property in your country

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I got visit visa for spouse after one rejection. However, I am a PR living outside of Canada, working in Dubai, and I had to strongly prove that her close ties to the UAE was me, and that I don't intend to reestablish residence in Canada for atleast another 8-9 months, and we are only going for vacation. With that, had to include bank statements, salary certificate, employment letter, leave letter, return air tickets, etc.

But, it definately is possible to get TRV for spouse; I finally did it, although most lawyers, agents, etc. that I consulted said it would be impossible.

amash

Dec 23, 2011
hi all,,
well my visa was rejected on 1.purpose of visit and 2.family ties to india and canada.
after reading ur answers,i think u have not understood my situation.
in this case showing 'family ties' in india n canada(specifically) is more important for me than 'ties with india'.
please let me know what should i add this time in the application to prove my family ties at both the places.
family ties in canada would be my husband.i have already shown our marriage certificate(which is always a govt recognized paper) but of no use.what additional docs should i add to prove this point?
and about family ties in india,,what should i add to show them that i have families here(my maiden family and in-law family)??

in my SOP to them in my previous application, i have written about my employment.so they dont have a problem with 'ties with india',otherwise they would have specifically written to me.i hope u guys understand.
we need to specifically prove and convince them about each point they ask to prove!!
i just need to know what additional docs should i add?? u guys may have some idea about different kinds of documents,may be official or personal or any kind of papers or information.please help guys,waiting for ur reply.
thanks.