+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
munjal said:
Hi Sita1987,

I think, do they mentioned here that in order to choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education, it is mandatory to do ECA for both the degree separately.

What does this mean??
It primarily means that both the qualifications need to have an ECA with Canadian equivalency stated clearly for each qualification as to "degree" or "diploma" or "certificate". That is my understanding at least...though it can be interpreted differently by other people. So seniors please feel free to give your opinion..

Also see this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
Now they have included "one year graduate study with a focus in (area of concentration)" however this is applicable only to ECA from ICES or IQAS (as mentioned in the footnote). We need to send a case specific inquiry to CIC as to why the same thing from WES does not qualify under "two or more post-secondary.."

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You so much Sita1987,

This is a great news. Now we can assess our qualification with these organisations.

WES was not at all helpful.

But it says "area of concentration" so are there any specific areas?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now the problem is they do not have free equivalency calculator. WES assessed my Masters as One year of graduate study but in the summary they have just written as Bachelors - 4 years and not mentioned one year of graduate study.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2003
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Chinese Language and Literature
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2006
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Chinese Language and Literature
Canadian Equivalency: One year of graduate study

What if ICES and IQAS writes the same in the summary?

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Hi Sita1987 and munjal,

I am having a verry tough time deciding which place to do ECA bcoz of BSc and MSc combo.

Sita1987: You wrote in earlier post with ref to CIC: - a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.

This is ditto my qualifications.

If I understand what CIC has said bcoz both my degrees are from non-Canadian universities,
Supposing I select BCIT (ICES) then can I send only MSc for ECA? I wont send BSc. Is this ok to get only MSc assessed (without BSc) or will it create problem later for EE profile and further steps?

Thks for your help buddies

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Can_US said:
Hi Sita1987 and munjal,

I am having a verry tough time deciding which place to do ECA bcoz of BSc and MSc combo.

Sita1987: You wrote in earlier post with ref to CIC: - a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.

This is ditto my qualifications.

If I understand what CIC has said bcoz both my degrees are from non-Canadian universities,
Supposing I select BCIT (ICES) then can I send only MSc for ECA? I wont send BSc. Is this ok to get only MSc assessed (without BSc) or will it create problem later for EE profile and further steps?

Thks for your help buddies
It won't create any trouble for you if you get an ECA which clearly states the Canadian equivalency of your masters as "Masters". In that case you can simply choose the masters option in education section while creating your EE profile. However if you don't get a masters equivalency that will be a tricky situation. For example I tried to just enter my masters degree details inn the free equivalency tool of WES canada and I got a canadian equivalency of "Bachelors degree (three years)". So again not useful for me.
What I can suggest is you can try sending to both your degrees to ICES or even IQAS (which charges 200$ for both bachelors and masters degree equivalency). Please check IQAS website for more details as I am not certain of the amount but it is definitely less than ICES.
You can also check with anyone who has got their ECA from ICES/IQAS...so far I have not come across anyone in the forum.
Sorry I can't give you a affirmative answer as to which agency will give you the most favourable ECA output...

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Thanks Sita1987. I see your point about the tricky bit in assessing the Masters. I have the same concern too.

I also searched. Nobody seem to have got ICES/IQAS assessment. If somebody had and shares info, it will be easy to know what to expect.

I am applying as single person. Seems it is better to be married for Canada immigration because spouse points will helps and no need to worry about Masters assessed wrongly. Single persons have it tough

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Can_US said:
Thanks Sita1987. I see your point about the tricky bit in assessing the Masters. I have the same concern too.

I also searched. Nobody seem to have got ICES/IQAS assessment. If somebody had and shares info, it will be easy to know what to expect.

I am applying as single person. Seems it is better to be married for Canada immigration because spouse points will helps and no need to worry about Masters assessed wrongly. Single persons have it tough
That is not true. Check the points it will turn out to be not very different for married or single people. I am married and even with spouse education, IELTS and work exp, not getting a masters ECA is surely harming our CRS. Sitting at 434 :( with a bachelors ECA despite having masters.

My personal opinion tp you would be not to select WES as we all know the outcome, try your luck with IQAS. Even if you get one year graduate study for your masters by IQAS or ICES you can still choose the "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" option in your EE. Check this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

But a one year graduate study from WES means nothing to CIC :(

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Sita1987 said:
That is not true. Check the points it will turn out to be not very different for married or single people. I am married and even with spouse education, IELTS and work exp, not getting a masters ECA is surely harming our CRS. Sitting at 434 :( with a bachelors ECA despite having masters.

My personal opinion tp you would be not to select WES as we all know the outcome, try your luck with IQAS. Even if you get one year graduate study for your masters by IQAS or ICES you can still choose the "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" option in your EE. Check this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

But a one year graduate study from WES means nothing to CIC :(
I agree with you 100%.

WES is completely out of the question. I will go by your advise of IQAS.

+1 for your advise. It's your 1st +1 :)

sansap

Jun 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have completed 3 years full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Pune University and prior to that I have Bachelor of Science (BSc - Physics) from Mumbai University.
Please can anyone help me understand if MCA (from Pune University) considered to be a Masters in Canada?

Thanks in advance!
Sansap

Aug 24, 2015
I have completed one year MBA from IIBMS (Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies) based in Mumbai. This is an autonomous institute and not recognize with UGC or Dec. I am planing to send my certificates to WES for verification. Is WES recognize IIBMS and its courses. Please help!!

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
IndianEducation said:
I have completed one year MBA from IIBMS (Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies) based in Mumbai. This is an autonomous institute and not recognize with UGC or Dec. I am planing to send my certificates to WES for verification. Is WES recognize IIBMS and its courses. Please help!!
Use the WES online assessment tool. You will not get assessment for your MBA if your college is not listed on WES. You can try CES for assessment

sansap

Jun 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have completed 3 years full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Pune University and prior to that I have Bachelor of Science (BSc - Physics) from Mumbai University. My queries are -

1) Does MCA (from Pune University, India) considered to be a Masters in Canada?
It shows "Equivalency in Canada = Master's Degree", when tried getting a degree equivalency through WES tool.

2) Do we need to have first division/class (i.e. >60%) in Master's degree to get it recognized?

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!
Sansap

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
sansap said:
Hi Guys,

I have completed 3 years full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Pune University and prior to that I have Bachelor of Science (BSc - Physics) from Mumbai University. My queries are -

1) Does MCA (from Pune University, India) considered to be a Masters in Canada?
It shows "Equivalency in Canada = Master's Degree", when tried getting a degree equivalency through WES tool.
If the equivalency tool shows Master's degree consider your self lucky...highly likely your ECA will state the same..provided you entered all information correctly and truthfully in the tool!! :)
2) Do we need to have first division/class (i.e. >60%) in Master's degree to get it recognized?
This is not true, you do not need first class/division at least it is not mentioned in WES website anywhere. But ofcourse you need to have passed all your exams and should have a final degree certificate. Hope you entered the right division/class as well as other details in the WES free degree equivalency tool while checking your masters equivalency
Please can anyone advise?
Check the documents required in WES website for your university and send the documents asap to WES

Thanks in advance!
Sansap
And while you are at it...I remember having seen a separate thread on this forum for mumbai university ECA document requirement...read up for FAQ
All the best!

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Hi Asivad,

My ECA summary shows " Two Bachelors Degrees (four years). Which option should I choose in my Express Entry profile.

Can I choose the " Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees " option ?

Thanks,
Kunal.