+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody going to the Canada Expo in London/Manchester?

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi there,

Is anybody going to any of the Expos in October? Or has anybody been to one before? If so are they worth going to?

We're thinking about going but thought i'd check on here before I buy the tickets.

Thanks for reading

Kind Regards

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
i've been to the last one in london. It was extremely small, I was disappointed... they had seminars explaining basics of immigrating to canada....(if you visit this forum regularly you already know everything they will say and more). They also have canadian companies looking to hire people. The expo organizers heavily advertise the idea that you can go there and walk out of it with a job offer and work permit. This is not true, unless you have years of experience as a oil pipe fitter or something like that. The ticket is not expensive... if you live nearby, its easy for you to get there and have nothing else to do on that weekend then you should go. (They also have stands for companies offering services, like immigration lawyers, moving companies, money transfers, etc...)

Sep 9, 2009
Hi ManiB I wouldnt mind going along to take a look is there any chance you could post the link about the information?

Kind regards 386504

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
We went to an EXPO in Dublin after we had applied, and we found it very informative. At most of the seminars we were able to get answers to questions that a lot of senior members of this forum would not have been able to give the answers to.
So that reason alone I would say it would be well worth your time going.

lili40

Jun 10, 2009
Hi guys. don't waste your money. If you think you are going to get a job offer think again.
I went to the last year one in London. very disappointed got a bunch of leaflets and a carrier bag!!!
didn't benefited me at all.