+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anybody from dominican republic?

CoachClive

Jul 6, 2016
MissSauce said:
My spouse is going to the interview is monday.. fingers crossed.
would you be kind enough to discuss the interview process afterwards?

It would be helpful to know what you were told to bring, what you brought, how you prepared, where it was held, how long, what was generally asked, some overview feelings and then how did it end and the what comes next

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
I'm so surprised to hear "Sorry I can't help you" from Canadian Embassies in Mexico and the Dominican Republic and from Immigration Canada help line, when trying to find out about why we haven't received the passport yet. Zero emails from Immigration Centre in Mexico after sending 4 inquiries. This is so not acceptable.
So I wrote an email to the cabinet member in my area on Friday.
Then I decided to call FedEx and DHL, the 2 courier services that might be bringing the passport. (Friday as well)
FedEx nothing.
DHL "It arrived today". It was sent Tuesday. Passport was picked up today Monday. :)
Our package was sent June 6 and passport returned July 8. Over a month.

Please find a courier company that has prepaid waybill and DONT use DHL if you don't want to wait more than a month
I called FedEx International and they assured me that they do deliver passport

Be back in Canada this weekend ;D

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
I'm so surprised to hear "Sorry I can't help you" from Canadian Embassies in Mexico and the Dominican Republic and from Immigration Canada help line, when trying to find out about why we haven't received the passport yet. Zero emails from Immigration Centre in Mexico after sending 4 inquiries. This is so not acceptable.
So I wrote an email to the cabinet member in my area on Friday.
Then I decided to call FedEx and DHL, the 2 courier services that might be bringing the passport. (Friday as well)
FedEx nothing.
DHL "It arrived today". It was sent Tuesday. Passport was picked up today Monday. :)
Our package was sent June 6 and passport returned July 8. Over a month.

Please find a courier company that has prepaid waybill and DONT use DHL if you don't want to wait more than a month
I called FedEx International and they assured me that they do deliver passport

Be back in Canada this weekend ;D
It took Mexico 9 weeks to send our passport back, so ridiculous! And we used the VAC in Santo Domingo, it was Mexico's part that never sent it back.
But at least you have it back and can move on to the next step! congrats!

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Yes thanks.

I hope people are reading this forum so they can avoid some problems.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
Yes thanks.

I hope people are reading this forum so they can avoid some problems.
other people have complained about DHL before too.
But i know someone who used Fedex and has been waiting more than a month

MissSauce

Mar 1, 2016
CoachClive said:
would you be kind enough to discuss the interview process afterwards?

It would be helpful to know what you were told to bring, what you brought, how you prepared, where it was held, how long, what was generally asked, some overview feelings and then how did it end and the what comes next

From what my husband told me,
The interview was a little under an hour. He said the interview was not in a conversational style, and more interrogative. However, I think that depends on the personality of whoever is interviewing you. He said the interviewer reviewed all the information that was brought (Travel documents, Requested IMM form, and updated schedule A, pictures, whatsapp chat logs).
The interviewer asked many questions about me, including where I live, where I work, what I do, how much money I make. Where I lived before we met. Our wedding date.
My husband states that he would ask a question then review the computer for a minute after each response, lol.

The interviewer told him we married quickly, which is cause for concern. However he was approved, and told to await information on how to resubmit an updated medical.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
MissSauce said:
The interview was a little under an hour. He said the interview was not in a conversational style, and more interrogative. However, I think that depends on the personality of whoever is interviewing you. He said the interviewer reviewed all the information that was brought (Travel documents, Requested IMM form, and updated schedule A, pictures, whatsapp chat logs).
The interviewer asked many questions about me, including where I live, where I work, what I do, how much money I make. Where I lived before we met. Our wedding date.
My husband states that he would ask a question then review the computer for a minute after each response, lol.

The interviewer told him we married quickly, which is cause for concern. However he was approved, and told to await information on how to resubmit an updated medical.
congrats!! good news :) :)

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
MissSauce said:

Congrats
My wife's interviewer was pleasant and at the start tried to relax my wife.

fradan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015
Finally got an email from the immigration centre saying:
By the way we sent it out via DHL and here's is the tracking number
Please follow up with DHL directly to track the status of the delivery.
Please note that once your documents leave our office we assume no responsibilities for the envelope.

Only one week after it was sent out.

I don't count this as a reply to out emails.

Please get your act together for the future applicants.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
fradan said:
Finally got an email from the immigration centre saying:
By the way we sent it out via DHL and here's is the tracking number
Please follow up with DHL directly to track the status of the delivery.
Please note that once your documents leave our office we assume no responsibilities for the envelope.

Only one week after it was sent out.

I don't count this as a reply to out emails.

Please get your act together for the future applicants.
Mexico emailed is almost 3 weeks after his passport was sent back, to advise us to track it. By the time we receieved that email, he had already been in Canada for 3 weeks

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
MissSauce said:

Congrats and thanks for sharing, thats a good news.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
CoachClive said:
Thank you it was helpful. How did you know what to bring to the interview? And congratulations.
Acording to the letter of the interview you have to bring your passport, copy of the pages of the passport of the sponsor, Shcheule A forom updated,
as the Form Aditional family form updated too, copy of the original marriage certificate if you did not summited at the time you summit your aplication,
copy of divorce certificate if you did not summited upfront, copy of the divorce jugdment in case that you did not summit it before, birth certificate of all
of the sponsored person dependents, police certificate in case that you havent summited before, usually for some other experience the police certificate is good to take it even if you have summited upfront couze usually is expired, all the correspondence between you and your spouse like letters, printed emails, history of conversations online, faxes, etc. all of the evidence that havent been sumitted in you upfront aplication, all of the pics with your spouse that you havent present before, the pics most be printed, they would not acept then in electronic device or usb memories, all kind of evidence of support financially between you and your spouse, proof of visits like airline tickets, hotels booking and explanations, documents that shows the same adress where you have stay together, evidence of haw the relationship develope, like family picatures, going events together an so on, all kind of evidence that you would like that the officer could use like a good view of your case, if you are aplyin from Quebec please bring the CSQ Certificado de seleccion de Quebeq, if the sponsored person cant comunicate in english, french or spanish, you have to come to the interview with a profesional translator who can read and write one of those three languages, hope this info is helpful to you, thats my letter for interview says.

Joakin17

Jun 17, 2015
Hello I need help,I got a email from Mexico yesterday asking me for an update of the form Imm 5669 schedule background A and the pictures so I would like to know how can I sent te pictures to them by mail or email,I'm currently in Canada can I sent them here or how should do it, the ones who already did it please help me

Thank you

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Joakin17 said:
Hello I need help,I got a email from Mexico yesterday asking me for an update of the form Imm 5669 schedule background A and the pictures so I would like to know how can I sent te pictures to them by mail or email,I'm currently in Canada can I sent them here or how should do it, the ones who already did it please help me

Thank you
You can reply to the original email and add attachments