+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any updates or movement from the Halifax Office?

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Nothing has moved since the DM on Aug 10th, all Sections set to complete except Oath which is not started. sent an inquiry a while back and just got a reply which gave me nothing... I know it's just 9 days ago and others have been waiting for months but that doesn't help at all.... I have decided to stop checking my application status and the forums as I am just tired of waiting..

With elections, immigration targets, refugees. and limited visibility on what's next I really don't know what can anyone do at this point...
I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something to make it better. I know how frustrating this is. I am a September 2019 applicant. In a few weeks, I'm going to reach my 2 year mark. I applied with more dates than required. I got my bachelor's degree in Canada, I have been working constantly and paying my taxes since I got back and I am married to a Canadian. None of that mattered during my citizenship application. In fact it took them 13 months to send me a test invite, and another 7 to go through my language credentials. It took them 7 weeks to switch my application to DM after the interview. I have felt all the emotions in the last two months :D I know that a lot of people out there have it worst so I try to not think about it. But I share the frustration and the unfairness in all of it. But given that the Halifax office hasn't given oaths in a while they might come back with some information soon. I contacted our MP's office and they told me that all they know is that the Halifax office is processing applications as quickly as possible. I really want to believe that we'll hear from them soon.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Got some news to share. Heard from a friend of mine who applied from Halifax, they have been invited for Oath for Sept 1. Interview completed mid-June.
Wow! Thanks for sharing that information. My MP's office gave me no information today and I still don't see any updates on my tracker. I hope this is good news for all of us. I had my interview on June 1st. Hopefully we can all get invitations to this oath too. Please let us know if you hear any other info. Thanks again!

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something to make it better. I know how frustrating this is. I am a September 2019 applicant. In a few weeks, I'm going to reach my 2 year mark. I applied with more dates than required. I got my bachelor's degree in Canada, I have been working constantly and paying my taxes since I got back and I am married to a Canadian. None of that mattered during my citizenship application. In fact it took them 13 months to send me a test invite, and another 7 to go through my language credentials. It took them 7 weeks to switch my application to DM after the interview. I have felt all the emotions in the last two months :D I know that a lot of people out there have it worst so I try to not think about it. But I share the frustration and the unfairness in all of it. But given that the Halifax office hasn't given oaths in a while they might come back with some information soon. I contacted our MP's office and they told me that all they know is that the Halifax office is processing applications as quickly as possible. I really want to believe that we'll hear from them soon.
Thank you! I know I should feel better that I am not alone in this but I just can't.. its NOT knowing what or when to expect is like holding your breath for so long everything hurts!! We got an update earlier that someone was invited to a ceremony on Sep 1st.. so hopefully some good news in the horizon ...

Reactions: zeyzey6

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Question.. I noticed that a good number had to go through an interview... I haven't.. should I worry??

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Wow! Thanks for sharing that information. My MP's office gave me no information today and I still don't see any updates on my tracker. I hope this is good news for all of us. I had my interview on June 1st. Hopefully we can all get invitations to this oath too. Please let us know if you hear any other info. Thanks again!
I definitely will! This is also the first time in a long while I heard something from Halifax office as well.

Reactions: zeyzey6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Question.. I noticed that a good number had to go through an interview... I haven't.. should I worry??
Interview used be standard procedure, it happens right after tests. Right now not so much, no idea what triggers it these days. But since all your sections are completed, you are past the interview stage. Just patiently wait for your oath :)

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thank you! I know I should feel better that I am not alone in this but I just can't.. its NOT knowing what or when to expect is like holding your breath for so long everything hurts!! We got an update earlier that someone was invited to a ceremony on Sep 1st.. so hopefully some good news in the horizon ...
I just saw that update after I wrote my response to you so I'm excited. Again, I'm trying to keep my hopes low because I have been disappointed too many times. You are not alone in feeling all those things. The number of times and the number of people I have complained about the citizenship process is insane and I'm too ashamed to talk about it :D
Don't worry about the interview, it's random. For me it was 5 minutes. I just showed some pages of my passport and ended up sending them some translations of stamps which apparently they didn't need (I was too scared to have the process stalled so I got all passport stamps not in English or French translated). Think of it as a blessing :D

Reactions: HeidiA

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I definitely will! This is also the first time in a long while I heard something from Halifax office as well.
Thank you for this info. Even if I don't get an email tomorrow or in the next couple of days (I really hope I do because my soul can't take it anymore) I really appreciate the news. I know you waited a long time for your oath invite so I'm sure you have shared my feelings. All the best to your friend too, super excited for him/her. Hope we'll get to take the oath with them too!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for this info. Even if I don't get an email tomorrow or in the next couple of days (I really hope I do because my soul can't take it anymore) I really appreciate the news. I know you waited a long time for your oath invite so I'm sure you have shared my feelings. All the best to your friend too, super excited for him/her. Hope we'll get to take the oath with them too!
Thank you for your kind word. I of course share your feeling. I waited an entire year (358 days to be exact) for the new test invitation because my old one was cancelled for COVID. Then there was the interview and document requests, it was an unending nightmare for sure. I try to be optimistic and I'm just glad it's all done for me now. I hope your invitation would come soon enough!!

• Love
Reactions: zeyzey6 and idoit
Aug 20, 2021
Hi, I am September 2019 applicant, submitted my citizenship application from Halifax. Descision has been made on my file on July 28, 2021. Waiting for the update on oath - it's not started as per the new tracker. Hopefully we will get oath invite for the next month - looks like they are resuming the oath ceremonies!

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Does anyone have any news? I have nothing. No emails, no tracker updates, nothing on the old tracker. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones for this oath invitation lineup.