+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any updates or movement from the Halifax Office?

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
any applicanto from Halifax with or without update? it seems this office is quite slow

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
any applicanto from Halifax with or without update? it seems this office is quite slow
Hello, was wondering the same, just posted my stats earlier today... no updates since the test completion confirmation..

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hello, was wondering the same, just posted my stats earlier today... no updates since the test completion confirmation..
Yes. Background completed in Feb 2021. No test invitation, no update since

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Hello, not sure if this helps but mine moved after i sent an online inquiry yesterday... a friend of mine as well.. so maybe they needed a reminder that we existed.. try that as long as your application is over the expected timeline..

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hello, not sure if this helps but mine moved after i sent an online inquiry yesterday... a friend of mine as well.. so maybe they needed a reminder that we existed.. try that as long as your application is over the expected timeline..
A webform? I might try that.

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Hello Halifax folks.. does anyone know how long does it take from DM to Oath to be scheduled or change status to in progress? I haven't seen anyone from the Halifax office mention that they had a ceremony scheduled anytime soon...

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hello Halifax folks.. does anyone know how long does it take from DM to Oath to be scheduled or change status to in progress? I haven't seen anyone from the Halifax office mention that they had a ceremony scheduled anytime soon...
I don’t know. Maybe a couple of days to about a month. I did follow your advice about the web enquiry and got a test invite.

Reactions: HeidiA

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
There are a couple of us still waiting for Oath invites from the Halifax office. Some have been waiting since May, some since June, some since July. I haven't heard about an oath invite from Halifax office in so long. The last one I heard was in April but I am not really sure. I was told that I would get an Oath invite 4 to 8 weeks after my interview in June and 3 weeks have passed since that promised deadline :D

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
There are a couple of us still waiting for Oath invites from the Halifax office. Some have been waiting since May, some since June, some since July. I haven't heard about an oath invite from Halifax office in so long. The last one I heard was in April but I am not really sure. I was told that I would get an Oath invite 4 to 8 weeks after my interview in June and 3 weeks have passed since that promised deadline :D
Did you consider submitting an online enquiry? Maybe there aren't enough numbers for a ceremony... trying to stay positiveto be honest..

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Did you consider submitting an online enquiry? Maybe there aren't enough numbers for a ceremony... trying to stay positiveto be honest..
Maybe I could send a webform but I've always gotten auto responses to those. And the Halifax office also keeps making promises for an oath. I'm going to hit the 24 month in September so I'm not sure how much hope I have left in me. I think the Maritimes offices have lost a lot of their officers due to covid and maybe that's creating the huge delays. The summer period is slowing things down too. I tried asking for my GCMS notes and even they're delayed. I'm not sure if it's a number issue, but I don't know how they do the scheduling (I was told that Ottawa does it) so maybe you're right.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Halifax, has anyone seen any progress??
I wish I had some progress to share but nothing. I called IRCC call centre today and it's the same info, I'm waiting for an oath invite but Halifax office hasn't scheduled an oath ceremony or sent an invitation.

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Maybe it's a good idea to ask our Canadian friends to write to their MPs and "threaten" them if this problem can't be solved before the federal election, they will vote for the opposition! It's a good opportunity to put the pressure on! :D

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Can confirm this, although I finished my process from SCR but I've been following the progress there, since my friends applied from there. The last oath I saw that came from Halifax was on April 13th, and since then I've seen virtually nothing, no progress on oaths at all. Don't really know what might be slowing them down.

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Nothing has moved since the DM on Aug 10th, all Sections set to complete except Oath which is not started. sent an inquiry a while back and just got a reply which gave me nothing... I know it's just 9 days ago and others have been waiting for months but that doesn't help at all.... I have decided to stop checking my application status and the forums as I am just tired of waiting..

With elections, immigration targets, refugees. and limited visibility on what's next I really don't know what can anyone do at this point...

• Sad