Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
It is not my business about your family.... Yes it's true... I just wonder why you are so panic about your marriage ? How about the economic and politic relation to marriage? Please explain since you are so educated person...

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
As I said to you a 10 year rule is prohibitive to a lot of immigrants. It is not logistical hence the government making the rule 2 years which to me seems reasonable, maybe 3 years would also be good. My points are exactly as stated several times previous, things that seem to be passing you by. If you tell me your 1st language maybe I will try google translate so you can fathom out what I am saying.

I said in summary, nobody knows what will happen in 10 years with relation to family (parents, children and siblings). As for economic logistics, Canada is a developing country that needs to attract good immigrants who are hard working, respectable people who will make the Country better and stronger than it already is. Bringing in your "10 year rule" would drive legitimate couples to seeking settlement to a more facilitating country that will use the skills of both people. A 10 year rule would also effect your rights to vote which to some people (not personally me) is a very very important freedom of speech which is taken away.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
You just removed your comment about your British citizen....Yes English is my second language...so what? I am not educated like you...
There are so many good immigrants here in Canada who has Phd degree , Doctors , Engineers etc but work as taxi drivers , kitchen help , security guard , dish washer , etc..

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
sunsun said:
You just removed your comment about your British citizen....Yes English is my second language...so what? I am not educated like you...
There are so many good immigrants here in Canada who has Phd degree , Doctors , Engineers etc but work as taxi drivers , kitchen help , security guard , dish washer , etc..
I never removed that comment, why would I? lol

Yes there are good immigrants in Canada doing jobs that don't suit their profession. A lot of this is Canada controlling labour costs and making sure immigrants work for cheaper than Canadians in unskilled jobs, this tactic has been used by all the major countries around the world. U.K uses immigrants in skilled jobs but pays cheap wages so they can regulate the wages of citizens. Nothing new there and it will keep happening. Immigrants keep labour costs down and also regulate costs to Canadian's as well.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
I can see what sunsun is saying about 10 years- just basically saying that the length of time for marriage should be forever so to speak if the relationship is genuine, not necessarily looking at it from an economic or political perspective. In reality applying those principles may not necessarily work, but I understand the idea behind what is being said.

There will always be people willing to abuse the system if they can, but I think the measures in place will end up being better to deter and prevent marriage fraud cases retrospectively.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I'm sorry if my statement hurts your feeling and also my second language , English is not good ... My point is : Why do our applications take so long ?
I applied inside Canada and not allowed to work. I just stay at home waiting and waiting for my application processing. It is not Fair to see my wife works and I don't.... Just feel so embarrassed... :'(

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you Bagelbagel81

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
sunsun said:
I'm sorry if my statement hurts your feeling and also my second language , English is not good ... My point is : Why do our applications take so long ?
I applied inside Canada and not allowed to work. I just stay at home waiting and waiting for my application processing. It is not Fair to see my wife works and I don't.... Just feel so embarrassed... :'(
No your statement did not hurt my feelings, accusation are another matter. Applications do take a long time but I doubt any law change will speed them up up significantly. I am waiting outland for various reasons, the main reason being I have property that I wish to let to somebody but can't incase the whole process drags on longer and I can't ship my goods or work until I have that COPR. Maybe they should look at some kind of temporary status but I guess they have that in a TRV. It is frustrating the wait times agreed.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sunsun said:
Just remember these are the choices we made. I could've stayed in the USA and worked, but we wanted to be together. I bet your wife would rather have you with her not working than employed in your country.

PS Inland apps aren't divided by country. Your time is the same as someone for the USA, India, Nigeria,etc.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@amikety....:
You are right.... ;)
Thank you ;D

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I think the same. My understanding is that they will include this in the application that to be signed by both a sponsor and an applicant. They can randomly select different people to audit them. Or there can be another option, visiting newly sponsored families. Anyways, this will add extra work to legit couples.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R151NG5UN said:
Bringing in your "10 year rule" would drive legitimate couples to seeking settlement to a more facilitating country that will use the skills of both people.
It would also drive SCAMMERS away to other countries as well, which is a good thing. And if people feel that another country would be a better fit for them, there's nothing stopping them from going there. I, personally, feel that the 10 year rule would be perfect.

You seem to forget that there's ALREADY a 10-year rule right now for SPONSORS. If I want to sponsor somebody who has children, I'm going to be legally AND financially responsible for a 10 year period, even if that woman leaves me two weeks after she arrives in Canada. So why should all the onus be on the sponsor? Why doesn't the immigrant have to bear some consequences as well?

If your intention is just to scam your way into Canada, then yeah, you deserve to be kicked out - even if it's 9 or 10 years after you arrived.

And if your view on marriage is that "it's just a piece of paper", or "who knows when it will end", then you shouldn't even be contemplating marriage, let alone trying to gain citizenship into Canada through a spousal visa.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tuyen said:
... you deserve to be kicked out - even if it's 9 or 10 years after you arrived.
Remember, that when you build up these rules you need to either leave enough "slack" in the system to give someone the ability to make judgment calls, or you need to accommodate every possible outcome.

So, let's take a hypothetical case here: a US/Canadian same-sex couple who had lived together in Texas for 10 years. The US citizen finds a great job in Toronto that qualifies under NAFTA. They decide to move. After a year or two in Ontario, they decide to get married. They then start the PR process. For whatever reason, it takes 2-3 years - perhaps the visa office is closed just as their application gets to the front of the queue so it ends up stuck to the bottom of the U-Haul that moves all the files to the new VO... It's approved. Because they weren't married 2 years at the time the application was filed, a provisional PR is granted. Seven years into this period the Canadian sponsor is diagnosed with terminal cancer and is ultimately moved to hospice.

So, the American half of this couple loses citizenship when his/her partner dies: move to hospice constitutes a termination of the cohabitation required by the spousal sponsorship. But he/she hasn't lived in the US in 10+ years, his/her work and home is in Toronto.

Contrived? Well, I know a couple that would pretty much fit everything except the terminal cancer step.

Personally, I fully plan on spending the rest of my life with my spouse. I'm the older of us, so I suspect I'm lucky in that regard, as I'll be the first to go, so the ad hominem attack on me is pointless in this case. Further, I'm not subject to the conditional spousal PR. So I have no dog in this fight - but I don't like seeing broad generalizations either because in my experience life is not so black and white - that's why I favour systems that provide lattitude to a decision maker to do "what is right" in a given situation. It's just too hard to "get it right" up front. Life just isn't that simple.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
computergeek: well-said Mr. computergeek. Very true. Life is NOT just a matter of black and white. Its not always that simple. I gree. I never know what is gonna happen to you next year. No body knows.

figlove2010

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
CAN'T WAIT:) *cross fingers*
@computergeek i couldn't have said it any better.... thumbs up on your reply... ;D