+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any study permit 2021 applicants from Ghana or applied through Accra visa office

38bxiy

Jul 20, 2021
Tnz dear much appreciate.. will travel from kumasi,, soo end of dis week will get it done
Hi, please did you do the upfront medicals after submitting your application, without the Visa Office requesting for it? And please did you receive the medical passed before the bvl you received today? Thanks

Last edited:

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Naaa biometric validity letter
The timing of receipt of the Biometric Validity Letter (BVL) may be indicative of whether or not your application has been approved.
If you did not submit an upfront medical exam report and IRCC never requested medical exams from you, but sent you a BVL instead, then it's more than likely your application has been refused.

When you apply without submitting upfront medical exam report, you either get a request to do your medicals or you get your BVL followed by a refusal letter. Most people I know who got their study permit applications approved, received their BVLs same day as they received their Passport Requests (PPRs). This was way after they had received the medical exam request and had passed the medical exams. I received my BVL and PPR in the same minute.
All the best to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38bxiy

Richy2

Star Member
May 13, 2019
How long does it take for medicals to be updated after been requested and going through with the medical exam at Akai House?

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Review started around 12am and Biometric validity was sent around 1:02am. i dont uderstand
Nobody understands how the re
How long does it take for medicals to be updated after been requested and going through with the medical exam at Akai House?
Depends on when they will touch your file.. I observed I got update on gc key within 2 weeks after doing the medicals

Reactions: studypermitMay21
Jul 16, 2021
Nobody understands how the re

Depends on when they will touch your file.. I observed I got update on gc key within 2 weeks after doing the medicals
I submitted my application 14th May and submitted my biometrics 21st May.
My review of eligibility started a month ago I think but I just received a medical request today.
My eligibility section still stated that they're reviewing my eligibility. I'm a bit confused here now.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
My review of eligibility started a month ago I think but I just received a medical request today.
My eligibility section still stated that they're reviewing my eligibility. I'm a bit confused here now.
Oh great! Medical request is positive. Go and do it ASAP and upload the Medical confirmation via webform

Reactions: studypermitMay21

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
It will remain that way until your visa is pasted in your passport. Lol.

Reactions: RumezaJ

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Oh great! Medical request is positive. Go and do it ASAP and upload the Medical confirmation via webform
Medical exams done at Akai house are actually submitted electronically to IRCC via an arrangement called e-medical. No need to send IRCC your medical exams confirmation. Akai house will do that and email you a copy of your results. I speak from experience though. It took a total of 5 working days for Akai house to submit my results to IRCC and for IRCC to update my portal to "You passed the medical exams".

Reactions: 38bxiy

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I think it’s a good sign and This gives me hope now. My eligibility review has been processing since july 2