+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any study permit 2021 applicants from Ghana or applied through Accra visa office

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
I did… nothing yet. Looks like those who applied earlier are even still waiting hmmmm
Exactly. My brother in law applied on May 13 and he is still waiting. No update yet.
IRCC did say that those who were able to meet the May 15 application deadline will receive a decision by Aug 6, but they cant guarantee a decision in time for applicants who applied after May 15 but wish to start their studies this fall.

Jul 27, 2021
My timeline- NON SDS for Fall 2021, applied from Ghana

SP App submitted: 8th May 2021
Biometrics done: 12th May 2021
Biometrics completed: 2nd June 2021
Upfront medical: 31st May 2021 (submitted through web form)
Medical passed: 10th June 2021
Eligibility review- not started
Background check- in progress
No further updates till date.

BTW I was told by a friend that once biometrics says completed it means the visa officer has opened your file and taken an initial look at your application MEANING if you will be rejected that rejection should come soon after biometrics say completed. I want to find out from you guys whether or not this is true, or your general thoughts

Reactions: studypermitMay21

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021

BTW I was told by a friend that once biometrics says completed it means the visa officer has opened your file and taken an initial look at your application MEANING if you will be rejected that rejection should come soon after biometrics say completed. I want to find out from you guys whether or not this is true, or your general thoughts
Your user name though, lol. It is well.
I think some people receive rejections earlier and some receive it after waiting several months. I did my biometrics two days after I had submitted my application and after that, I waited a month before IRCC requested that I do my medical exams. So I don't think they review applications quickly, just because biometrics have been submitted. It took another three(3) months for my application to be approved and two weeks for me to receive my passport back with the VISA after submitting to VFS.

Jul 27, 2021
Your user name though, lol. It is well.
I think some people receive rejections earlier and some receive it after waiting several months. I did my biometrics two days after I had submitted my application and after that, I waited a month before IRCC requested that I do my medical exams. So I don't think they review applications quickly, just because biometrics have been submitted. It took another three(3) months for my application to be approved and two weeks for me to receive my passport back with the VISA after submitting to VFS.
oh okay. but when did you biometrics say 'completed'? was that timeline somehow tied to your medical request?

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
oh okay. but when did you biometrics say 'completed'? was that timeline somehow tied to your medical request?
Biometrics showed completed an hour after I had done it at VFS, Accra.
The one month prior to me receiving the medical request was when they reviewed my eligibility. It is after that review that they either send refusal letters or medical exams requests (for those who passed the eligibility review but didn't submit an upfront medical exam results)

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
O

I think your friend was referring to BVL. When you get BVL it means decision has been made and you only have to wait for it

Reactions: studypermitMay21

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Exactly. My brother in law applied on May 13 and he is still waiting. No update yet.
IRCC did say that those who were able to meet the May 15 application deadline will receive a decision by Aug 6, but they cant guarantee a decision in time for applicants who applied after May 15 but wish to start their studies this fall.
Did he submit medicals and biometrics by 1th May?