+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any study permit 2021 applicants from Ghana or applied through Accra visa office

MICHOSEI

Aug 11, 2021
Guys PPR finally dropped! (Timeline updated in signature)
Could anyone please help me with how to send my passport to Accra office via DHL ?
It would be much appreciated.
Good luck to those still waiting, it shall end in praises!
First of all, send a message including a copy of your PPR to VFs via email. They will respond to you with further instructions to follow.

Reactions: Ebenezer Kpodjie

Mobobo96

Aug 16, 2021
Hi guys,

I landed in Canada a few days ago to begin my program and I thought to let you know the following:

1. Please kindly try and pay at least the first semester of your fees and have receipts to show for the payment. I was asked at the border if I had paid my fees and when I said yes, they requested to see receipts. I showed them the SWIFT advice from the bank and a receipt from the school.

2. If 14 days prior to your arrival in Canada, you have taken both shots of the AstraZeneca-COVISHIELD vaccine administered in Ghana, then at the border, you would not be asked to quarantine. You'll however take an arrival test at the airport or they'll give you an At-Home testing kit with which you'll collect your samples under online guidance from a health professional and then you post samples using a pre-paid envelope pack. You must submit your samples within 24 hours of arrival. Well, I had to go back to the airport the following day for my samples to be taken by them for the arrival test, so you might as well insist they take your sample at the airport instead of giving you the At-Home testing kit.

3. You will need to take a COVID PCR test in the 3 days leading up to your arrival in Canada. I took my test at AKAI House on a Thursday and left Ghana on a Friday and arrived in Canada on a Saturday. Opt for the same day COVID testing service for convenience.

4. Use the ArriveCan app to submit your information before you arrive in Canada. I did that 24 hours before I left Ghana. You'd be asked to submit your vaccination records if you are fully vaccinated. I had to use the PC based ArriveCan to upload that information. Ensure your vaccination records show when you scan the bar code at the back of your vaccination card. If they don't show, then get a vaccination confirmation letter from the Ministry of Health Head Office at Ridge. At the departure hall of KOTOKA, your records can be updated but get the letter just in case.

5. If you are transiting through the UK, kindly fill a passenger locator form up to 48 hours before your arrival in the UK. BA will notify you to do all of that. Just giving you heads up.

6. And still have a quarantine plan if you are fully vaccinated and you believe you qualify for the quarantine exemption. I booked a room on campus for 2 weeks but my school didn't let me pay upfront for it.

Kindly refer to the relevant government pages for new updates on the above.

All the best to all who are waiting for their Visas.
Hello, I have a quick question. At the border, were you asked about your accommodation? I mean did they ask where you’ll be staying during your studies in Canada? My school is Windsor, Ontario but I have family in Brampton Ontario. So, I want to stay with them for a few months since my classes are online. Do you think they’ll find this suspicious? Should I get my own place in Windsor?
Thank you!

MissJenn

Aug 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Sent an enquiry to the Accra office and got a feedback that " Verification on this file is complete ". Has anyone received a response like that before and what does it possibly mean.Thanks

bel@

Oct 4, 2021
Hi,
i got this mail from vfs global

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20210913GHACPKT64657 has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Accra on 2021/10/01 via DHL. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Please how do i track the shipment and how many days does it take to get your passport back please.

JJK Papi

Oct 11, 2021
I submitted my application on the 30th of August. But till now I haven't heard anything from them. Is it normal?
Also, the police certificate I attached expired on 22nd September, should I send them a new one
The thing is, this is my third time applying this year, I had to defer to the winter semester. And yet I haven't hrd anything. I'm kinda scared at the moment.

MissJenn

Aug 6, 2021
[/QUOTE]
My dear relax wai. I submitted my application May 14th but yet to get a decision. My upfront medicals got passed on the 4th of June so you can imagine how frustrating it can be. But all we can do is wait and send emails or even call their helpline which has been of no help anyway..!

Reactions: Ebenezer Kpodjie

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
I submitted my application on the 30th of August. But till now I haven't heard anything from them. Is it normal?
Also, the police certificate I attached expired on 22nd September, should I send them a new one
The thing is, this is my third time applying this year, I had to defer to the winter semester. And yet I haven't hrd anything. I'm kinda scared at the moment.
Kindly keep us updated if there's anything new on your timeline