+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Pleas help its very urgent!
So I got an ITA and I am applying for Express entry tomorrow.

All my papers are ready.

I work in Canada on PGWP with Starbucks as a Shift Supervisor.
When I was making my profile it asked for 'Do I have job Offer in Canada?'
I said Yes.

I dont have LMIA.
My job offers me full time hours and I am full time but on my Job letter that is my experience letter it doesnt show PERMANENT or NON SEASONAL words noted. It is just written I work full time 40 hours/week.

Starbucks policy is they cant write those words.

Is it fine if it doesnt mention Permanent word? I dont want my file to get rejected due to this.

Waiting for you guys reply.
Please help
Thank you in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
varinder1717 said:
Hello Everyone,

Pleas help its very urgent!
So I got an ITA and I am applying for Express entry tomorrow.

All my papers are ready.

I work in Canada on PGWP with Starbucks as a Shift Supervisor.
When I was making my profile it asked for 'Do I have job Offer in Canada?'
I said Yes.

I dont have LMIA.
My job offers me full time hours and I am full time but on my Job letter that is my experience letter it doesnt show PERMANENT or NON SEASONAL words noted. It is just written I work full time 40 hours/week.

Starbucks policy is they cant write those words.

Is it fine if it doesnt mention Permanent word? I dont want my file to get rejected due to this.

Waiting for you guys reply.
Please help
Thank you in advance.
If you don't have a LMIA based job, you should say "NO" to the question "Do you have a job offer in Canada?". Decline this ITA, edit your profile and wait for the next one.

If you have claimed those 600 points for a job that is not LMIA backed and you now submit your application, it will be summarily rejected!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you don't have a LMIA based job, you should say "NO" to the question "Do you have a job offer in Canada?". Decline this ITA, edit your profile and wait for the next one.

If you have claimed those 600 points for a job that is not LMIA backed and you now submit your application, it will be summarily rejected!
@rajkamalmohanram, per this thread you can edit after ITA:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/regarding-job-offer-t395722.15.html

whzqsun

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 04-05-2016
Nomination.....
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-08-2016
After ITA I submitted my application to CIC and then my EE profile expired, would this affect my application?

invader007

Oct 20, 2015
Hi Folks,

I have received an additional PCC document request from CIC on 22nd January 2016. I have got the document issued to me as well now, however when I am trying to upload it, it is asking for issue date where I cannot select the year 2016. The dropdown of the years end at 2015.

What should I do?? Pls help

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
invader007 said:
Hi Folks,

I have received an additional PCC document request from CIC on 22nd January 2016. I have got the document issued to me as well now, however when I am trying to upload it, it is asking for issue date where I cannot select the year 2016. The dropdown of the years end at 2015.

What should I do?? Pls help

Thanks
Technical issue. Report this to the technical team - follow the link below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=799&t=23

See what they reply. If they take too long to reply, mention 31st Dec 2015 as the date and submit the document along with letter explaining your situation. Attach proof that shows that you have submitted this issue to the technical team along with the document and the LOE.

@Asivad, what's your take?

mann.jas

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Med's Done....
J
Hi Brian,
I've recently created and submitted my express entry profile. According to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool, my total points should be 425 which includes "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" as my highest level of education. But after I have submitted my profile, I only get a total of 393 points which means the system is only considering my bachelors degree as my highest education and is not awarding me additional points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees". I possess education comprising a four years bachelors degree, and a two years diploma. Can you please look into this matter and advise me of the next steps that I can take to correct this issue.

saaniya

Aug 23, 2015
Hi:

Thanks for starting this post.
My husband and I have received ITA 2 weeks ago. We are originally from India working in US. I need guidance on the following questions. Appreciate all the help! :)

1) My PCC from India is dated Oct 16, 2015 and his is July 29, 2015. Plus I visited India in Dec 2015 on business trip and he on vacation. do we need to apply for India PCC again? Does having multiple PCC stamps in passport have any issues especially since my US greencard process is about to begin simultaneously?

2) We had received an ITA last year too but our application had got cancelled due to missing documentation according to them. So for the 2 following questions in the application should it be a 'YES'?

-Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

-Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Thank You
Saaniya

srikamesh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6235 - Outland FSW
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2018
Hi,

Do anyone know conditions like Ankylosing spondylitis will be an obstacle to process the PR application.. Will the patient clear the medicals??? Any suggestions will be helpful..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mann.jas said:
Hi Brian,
I've recently created and submitted my express entry profile. According to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool, my total points should be 425 which includes "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" as my highest level of education. But after I have submitted my profile, I only get a total of 393 points which means the system is only considering my bachelors degree as my highest education and is not awarding me additional points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees". I possess education comprising a four years bachelors degree, and a two years diploma. Can you please look into this matter and advise me of the next steps that I can take to correct this issue.
How did you declare your education?

For Bachelors, you are supposed to select equivalenncy as" Bachelors " and for the other credential, you are supposed to select "Two or more degrees" as the Canadian equivalent!

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
newGirl_sk said:
Guys, I have a question regarding PCC.

I am an Iranian residing in India holding an OCI (dual citizenship, so to say).
I live in Bombay. Can I go to the Passport Office for a PCC or do I have to approach the FRRO (Foreign regional office , CID ) for this?

Also, Iranian Embassy tells me that a PCC from Iran could take anywhere between 6-8 months! :eek:

What should I do?
Yes, PCC from Iran as per Iranian embassy in Dubai takes 3 to 4 months. So the best way is to take 1 week off, go to Iran, apply for PCC, authorize a friend or family member to collect it on ur behalf, get the authorization letter notorized and then return back to wherever u are and wait for the results. this way u will get ur PCC in about 2 weeks which is what I did

mann.jas

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Med's Done....
J
rajkamalmohanram said:
How did you declare your education?

For Bachelors, you are supposed to select equivalenncy as" Bachelors " and for the other credential, you are supposed to select "Two or more degrees" as the Canadian equivalent!
Thanks a lot. It really helped.
Got 425 now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adam2012 said:
Is their any chance to lower the cut off score this year?
Hard to tell; IMO, it is unlikely.

You could improve your CRS in various ways -

1) Getting a CLB - 9 in IELTS (LRWS 8777).
2) Getting ECA and IELTS for spouse (if applicable)
3) Securing a PNP.