+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

staticraj

Jul 25, 2012
cartwright said:
To be on a safe side get your ITA done for MCA and BCA. Firstly check the free online equivalency tool on WES site to get an idea as to what the tool evaluates your degrees to.
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know the abbreviation for ITA.

I tried the online equivalency tool on WES. I found the below problems to evaluate my degrees.

1. For Bachelor of Computer Applications there is no option to select 2 years, only 3 and above are available.
2. For Master of Computer Applications, the search result is not displaying 'Tamil Nadu open university'

Please help me to proceed further.

Thanks.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staticraj said:
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know the abbreviation for ITA.

I tried the online equivalency tool on WES. I found the below problems to evaluate my degrees.

1. For Bachelor of Computer Applications there is no option to select 2 years, only 3 and above are available.
2. For Master of Computer Applications, the search result is not displaying 'Tamil Nadu open university'

Please help me to proceed further.

Thanks.

In this case try to contact WES as your education credentials are not available on their list.
Make sure they recognize your education before investing money for assessment.

I know Indira gandhi open university was there on the list, so tamil nadu open university should be there

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Hi guys, I would really appreciate if someone could clarify on an issue I am facing.

I want to make my Express Entry profile, but am a bit unclear on what to put in my legal marital status.

I am in the middle of a mutual divorce, which should be finalised by October end. However, as of now, what should I put in my application? Should I show as married or divorced or is there some other category which represents me better?

If I show as married, would my points be affected?

For example, even in the Eligibility test, it asks 'How many family members do you have?', and asks us to include spouse even if they are not accompanying us to Canada.

My divorce cannot be affected now, and if it was left to me, I would prefer to already put Divorced, but I don't know if they might see it as misrepresentation. I would really appreciate if someone could throw some light on this issue.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Hi guys,

I have a Master's degree assessment from WES (IIM MBA + B.Tech). I have a question regarding law credential assessment. I am planning to apply with my wife who is a lawyer. She did her law from University of Mumbai (BLS LLB), 5 year degree. I am not sure which service to use to get her education credentials assessed. WES free tool says her degree would be evaluated as a Bachelor's degree though I thought this would be a professional degree. Should I go for WES or any other service? All search on this forum and on google is throwing up results for immigration lawyers.. ;D ;D. Any help on which is the best way to get her credentials assessed will be most appreciated. :)

-cyronn

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staticraj said:
Hi,

After completing my 10th standard, I did Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME - 3years), UG (BCA-Lateral Entry - 2 years) from Madurai Kamaraj University and PG degree (MCA-lateral entry - 2 years) from Tamilnadu open university.

Please let me know, do I need to get ECA for MCA, BCA & DME ? or only MCA is sufficient for WES?

Thanks in advance.
Rajan
Recommend getting both BCA and MCA assessed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Dear Asivad,

Hope you are doing well. As we discussed last time I am able to get experience letter from my past 2 employers. Please see these 2 below and review them as per Canadian immigration requirement.

HCL letter I will get:-

This is to certify that XXXXXX was engaged by us fulltime (37.5 hours per week) on retainership basis as Programmer in the field of Software support from XXXXX(Start date) to XXXXXX(End date). She worked on (Project name) and her work experience with us was fully paid.

Accenture letter I will get:-

XXXXX was employed with us from XXXXX to XXXXXX. XXXXX job title whilst employed with Accenture was Programmer and her salary was XXXXX per annum. I can confirm Sunayna worked fulltime (37.5 hours per week) whilst employed with Accenture.

Please review these 2 letters. I hope they both are good to go. Both these employers refused for roles and responsibilities letter, so I am planning for sworn affidavit from my colleagues.

Thanks and regards.
These would suffice along with sworn affidavits from your ex colleagues.

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
cyronn said:
Hi guys,

I have a Master's degree assessment from WES (IIM MBA + B.Tech). I have a question regarding law credential assessment. I am planning to apply with my wife who is a lawyer. She did her law from University of Mumbai (BLS LLB), 5 year degree. I am not sure which service to use to get her education credentials assessed. WES free tool says her degree would be evaluated as a Bachelor's degree though I thought this would be a professional degree. Should I go for WES or any other service? All search on this forum and on google is throwing up results for immigration lawyers.. ;D ;D. Any help on which is the best way to get her credentials assessed will be most appreciated. :)

-cyronn
Hi Cyronn,

Your case is more or less similar to ours. We are an Architect couple applying for PR. Architecture is a 5 years course and is a professional license requiring job. However our ECA from WES only qualifies us as Equivalent to Bachelor of Architecture in Canada.

Worst is, even if you have spent 5 years of Education, you will have to select the 3 year Bachelor category while you are generating your express-entry profile and will gain point which a 3 year bachelor degree holder will get.

What I understand is, and I may not be completely right, that its only the Degree Title which matters....so if your Degree says Bachelor then you will have only 3 year bachelor option to select. (your duration of course doesnt get calculated while CIC evaluates your ECA)

WES online-free tool is what you should rely on...its normally spot-on.

I hope this helps.

Shah

mojuni

Sep 8, 2011
Hi, I had submitted my credentials for assessment to University of Toronto on 21 May 2015. Average time of processing is 13 weeks but till now I haven't heard anything from them. Could any one share their experience of getting credentials assessed from UT with the time taken?
Thanks,

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
mojuni said:
Hi, I had submitted my credentials for assessment to University of Toronto on 21 May 2015. Average time of processing is 13 weeks but till now I haven't heard anything from them. Could any one share their experience of getting credentials assessed from UT with the time taken?
Thanks,
Send reminders regularly (in polite way) after every 6 days.

I did the same and got result in 10 weeks and 3 days.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Hi,
I've requested for the transcript from my univ. Can anybody please tell me is there any specific format for the transcript to be obtained in. As in somebody told me that the transcript should be in a sealed univ envelope.
Also, apart from the transcript do we need to submit all the marksheets attested from the univ itself or can it be attested by any registered personpls help. Tia.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichowdhury said:
Hi,
I've requested for the transcript from my univ. Can anybody please tell me is there any specific format for the transcript to be obtained in. As in somebody told me that the transcript should be in a sealed univ envelope.
Also, apart from the transcript do we need to submit all the marksheets attested from the univ itself or can it be attested by any registered personpls help. Tia.
WES has country specific requirements, check those for your country of education on their site.

However, the transcripts have to be in a sealed envelope regardless and they have to be attested by the specified authority at your institution/University.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
WES has country specific requirements, check those for your country of education on their site.

However, the transcripts have to be in a sealed envelope regardless and they have to be attested by the specified authority at your institution/University.
Pls guide me with the url as wherein to check the WES country specific requirements.
Also from your last statement you mean that the transcript has to be attested by the univ right? That is what I have requested the univ for.
Thank you.