+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

kuwar

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks a lot. Another question i have is that can a candidate change NOC classification after ITA ? I am having a tough time finding the correct NOC. My position is with the provincial government as a Verification Officer. So i was advised by a co worker that it falls under 4168 - Program Officers unique to the Government. But the duties listed don't match with my job duties however the paragraph describing the NOC 4168 matches clearly with my position. What should i do ?

Thanks.

kuwar

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks a lot. Another question i have is that can a candidate change NOC classification after ITA ? I am having a tough time finding the correct NOC. My position is with the provincial government as a Verification Officer. So i was advised by a co worker that it falls under 4168 - Program Officers unique to the Government. But the duties listed don't match with my job duties however the paragraph describing the NOC 4168 matches clearly with my position. What should i do ?

Thanks.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You'll have to get it done upfront. CIC doesn't send any notification for medicals under EE. Preferably get it done at a hospital which runs eMedical.

Thank you so much.. for your prompt reply

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuwar said:

Thanks.
You can change your primary NOC after ITA but I strongly recommend that you figure it out earlier itself. Changing the NOC could potentially affect your program eligibility and/or CRS points so it is an extremely sensitive area to make any changes post ITA.

When you choose the NOC, focus on main duties and not the description or job titles. If the main duties match your roles & responsibilities, that is your NOC.

c_kaivalya

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

I created a profile for express entry but got the status as "Profile Ineligible".

Details below.

1. Completed my Bachelors in Engineering (Computers) - WES verified it as Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree (4 yrs), verified in April 2015.

2. IELTS exam - Speaking: 7, Writing: 7, Reading: 7.5, Listening: 9, i guess that score is eligible for CLB 9 got results in July 2015.

3. 6+ yrs experience in NOC code 2171 (Information analyst).

4. Funds - Married but my wife wont come with me for now (her ECA and IELTS not done), showing $ 18200 (Canadian Dollars).

Doubt in Education section -

1. I have entered only my highest level of education (Bachelors degree)
2. In the section where it asks Complete/full education in years - I have put 3 years as I mentioned only Bachelors degree.

I submitted the profile 3 times thinking I made a mistake but still not able to get through.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c_kaivalya said:
Hi,

I created a profile for express entry but got the status as "Profile Ineligible".

Details below.

1. Completed my Bachelors in Engineering (Computers) - WES verified it as Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree (4 yrs), verified in April 2015.

2. IELTS exam - Speaking: 7, Writing: 7, Reading: 7.5, Listening: 9, i guess that score is eligible for CLB 9 got results in July 2015.

3. 6+ yrs experience in NOC code 2171 (Information analyst).

4. Funds - Married but my wife wont come with me for now (her ECA and IELTS not done), showing $ 18200 (Canadian Dollars).

Doubt in Education section -

1. I have entered only my highest level of education (Bachelors degree)
2. In the section where it asks Complete/full education in years - I have put 3 years as I mentioned only Bachelors degree.

I submitted the profile 3 times thinking I made a mistake but still not able to get through.

Thanks in advance.
Based on your profile you get the following points.

English - 24 (6*4)
Education - 21
Experience - 15 (assuming same NOC throughout 6 years)
Adaptability - 0
Arranged employment - 0
Age - ?

You haven't mentioned your age. You will be ineligible only if your are 41 or above.

If you are not 41 yet, check what is missing in your profile again. You are clearly making a very small mistake somewhere rendering you ineligible.

If you are indeed 41 or above, ask your spouse to take IELTS and get above CLB 4 - that will net you 5 points and you will be eligible under FSW.

All the best!

c_kaivalya

Jul 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Based on your profile you get the following points.

English - 24 (6*4)
Education - 21
Experience - 15 (assuming same NOC throughout 6 years)
Adaptability - 0
Arranged employment - 0
Age - ?

You haven't mentioned your age. You will be ineligible only if your are 41 or above.

If you are not 41 yet, check what is missing in your profile again. You are clearly making a very small mistake somewhere rendering you ineligible.

If you are indeed 41 or above, ask your spouse to take IELTS and get above CLB 4 - that will net you 5 points and you will be eligible under FSW.

All the best!
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for your reply.

- My age is 29.
- Yes, 6+yrs experience in same NOC code.
- Is it the academic years that I have put in? the field says complete/full academic years should i put just the years it took for bachelors or 16 yrs ?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c_kaivalya said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for your reply.

- My age is 29.
- Yes, 6+yrs experience in same NOC code.
- Is it the academic years that I have put in? the field says complete/full academic years should i put just the years it took for bachelors or 16 yrs ?

Thanks.
Can't recall this with absolute clarity now but try inputting 16 instead of 3/4 and see what happens. I still think it is something very small - maybe a different year or something or you are inputting the POF wrong somehow.

c_kaivalya

Jul 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Can't recall this with absolute clarity now but try inputting 16 instead of 3/4 and see what happens. I still think it is something very small - maybe a different year or something or you are inputting the POF wrong somehow.

Hi Asivad,

For POF i had entered 18200 (Canadian Dollars), but the online test i took showed 14,270 - 18,096. do i need to show similar to what it shows in the online test or more would do?

I will try entering 16 years for education and see if it accepts it.

Thanks again, you have been a great help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c_kaivalya said:
Hi Asivad,

For POF i had entered 18200 (Canadian Dollars), but the online test i took showed 14,270 - 18,096. do i need to show similar to what it shows in the online test or more would do?

I will try entering 16 years for education and see if it accepts it.

Thanks again, you have been a great help.
18,200 CAD is fine. Check what else you are inputting in the profile.

Indila

Jul 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

I guess it is better to post here rather than start a new topic each time a question appears.

So,
Question no.1 : Regarding WES and ECA...I have a Bachelor degree in Psychology and another Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and also a Master Degree in Psychology. My profession is psychologists, so I am wondering if it is worth sending that Bachelor in Computer Science to WES. Would it be relevant for my profile? Also would I be asked extra fee if I send all 3 documents? I read in some posts that processing Bachelor+Master is all under the same fee.

Question no.2 : I am little bit confused with the selection of the Canadian province I want to live in....Do I have to do this while I fill in my EE profile? Can I change this option afterwards?

Thank you ;D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indila said:
Hello everyone,

I guess it is better to post here rather than start a new topic each time a question appears.

So,
Question no.1 : Regarding WES and ECA...I have a Bachelor degree in Psychology and another Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and also a Master Degree in Psychology. My profession is psychologists, so I am wondering if it is worth sending that Bachelor in Computer Science to WES. Would it be relevant for my profile? Also would I be asked extra fee if I send all 3 documents? I read in some posts that processing Bachelor+Master is all under the same fee.

There is 1 clear advantage. If your Bachelors and Masters is evaluated as a single 4 year Canadian Bachelors then having an ECA for your Computer Science degree will allow you to choose "Two or more degrees..." option rather than "Bachelors". And as many members on the forum can tell you, that is a very valuable thing because it has the potential to boost your score beyond 450 provided you score CLB 9 in IELTS.

Purely for that opportunity, I think it is definitely worth getting it assessed. Of course, it will cost you higher than getting 2 degrees assessed but the benefits completely outweigh the costs here.

Get a free WES assessment before paying up ---> http://www.wes.org/ca/immigrants/preliminary.asp

Question no.2 : I am little bit confused with the selection of the Canadian province I want to live in....Do I have to do this while I fill in my EE profile? Can I change this option afterwards?

Choose "All Province and Territories" while making your EE profile and that's the end of this. Once you get your PR, there is no restriction on working and living in any province across Canada so you can decide this later. What you mark in your profile now has no bearing on where you can live or work later. It is just additional information and not a binding agreement that you make with CIC.

Thank you ;D

Neonnick

Jul 19, 2015
Hello all, I am really confused, kindly advice. I have 451 points and I believe I received the invitation in the last draw (13th draw). When I go into my profile some of the informations are missing. I have two options to select "complete profile" and "decline invitation". I don't know how to proceed. Is there anybody who encountered this situation.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

One more question, the personal history section ask for data for the last 10 years or since 18 years of birth if that is less than 10 years. The form automatically pulled in my education records and work records, which are more than 10 years old. Should I delete those records and just put the details for the last 10 years or include everything.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweta1125 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

One more question, the personal history section ask for data for the last 10 years or since 18 years of birth if that is less than 10 years. The form automatically pulled in my education records and work records, which are more than 10 years old. Should I delete those records and just put the details for the last 10 years or include everything.
Remove those and stick to the last 10 years. It is an automatic functionality to help all applicants - doesn't discriminate between fresh graduates and people with considerable experience.