+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Managerchap said:
I have a Bsc from a Nigerian School, and other IT Professional certificates.
I would like to know if i need to have my professional IT Certificates Assessed, Asking because they usually do not come with a detailed course by course grade. Its just pass or fail.
WES or other accreditation agencies will assess only education credentials and provide a Canadian equivalecny report. They don't assess professional certificates.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Hello Asivad,

Thanks for your helpful contributions. I know there was a thread on travel history but I can't find it anymore.

I have 2 questions about travel history:

1) Does it have to be in any order, such as most recent first? The instruction doesn't specify so I just want to know what people have done generally or any available info. on it.

2) My last visit out of the country, my host country only signed me in on their system but did not stamp my passport. Similarly, upon return, my country of residence did not stamp my passport. Should I include this particular travel in my travel history or omit it? Or what should I do, pls?

Thank you all.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
Hello Asivad,

Thanks for your helpful contributions. I know there was a thread on travel history but I can't find it anymore.

I have 2 questions about travel history:

1) Does it have to be in any order, such as most recent first? The instruction doesn't specify so I just want to know what people have done generally or any available info. on it.

Keep it either chronological or reverse chronological, preferably the latter.

2) My last visit out of the country, my host country only signed me in on their system but did not stamp my passport. Similarly, upon return, my country of residence did not stamp my passport. Should I include this particular travel in my travel history or omit it? Or what should I do, pls?

Not sure. But if this was a short trip, you can exclude it from travel history because there is no supporting paperwork anyways.

Thank you all.

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
silkperfume said:
hi Asivad
I got ITA recently, with my CRS 470.
now i am planning to get married in few months, my future wife has also bachelors degree (ECA done by WES) and doing IELTS exam next month.
Can i file the application now and include my spouse later after getting married during the processing time?
or should i decline the ITA now and wait till i get married and apply together with my spouse?
thank you in advance
I suggest you not to decline your ITA. Your score is 470 and the CRS will come down if your status is married because there are less points for married couple in certain areas unless you get your wife's ECA done points would decrease in my opinion.
I suggest that you accept the ITA and get the PR ball rolling. It will certainly take at least 6 months for entire PR process and in the meantime as and when you get married add your spouse by informing CIC. Also for safety start the process of getting your would be wife's ECA done. Spousal sponsorship has lead time of 12-18 months but you will at least have a PR.

silkperfume

Jul 17, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Asivad
that was really helpful.
now i have 1 more question hope you will not mind answering.
i am originally from Nepal then i also lived in USA for 4 years now i am in UK.
do i need to get police certificates from all these countries?
i can make PCs from Nepal and UK but it will take more than 12 weeks to make PC from USA and i will not be able to submit my e-APR in 60 days window? what should i do??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silkperfume said:
Thank you so much Asivad
that was really helpful.
now i have 1 more question hope you will not mind answering.
i am originally from Nepal then i also lived in USA for 4 years now i am in UK.
do i need to get police certificates from all these countries?

Yes. You'll have to get PCC from any country where you've lived for more than 6 months in a row.

i can make PCs from Nepal and UK but it will take more than 12 weeks to make PC from USA and i will not be able to submit my e-APR in 60 days window? what should i do??

Fairly common problem. If you decline your ITA and apply for PCCs now, you won't have any trouble in applying after you get married. If you continue with your application, apply without the PCCs but submit an LOE highlighting the efforts amde to procure the documents and attach any supporting evidence of the same. Even if they cancel your application, you can try reopening them using the CSE route later.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
To those who already applied for work permit extension, kindly help me regarding this one: ( under EE BC PNP program)

DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA
6. Duration of expected employment from - to

Note: can i leave it blank? as in my job offer letter duration has not been mentioned since I will have a permanent job and I am also a provincial nominee.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. :)

SvetaB

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Hi guys,

Please help. Just received invintation to apply and trying to answer to eligibilty questions.
One of them: how many kids you or your spouse have? We have 2 kids and my husband have 2 kids from previous marriage. They have never lived with us, they live with their mom in the different country and I didn't include them in my application.
So, should I reply to this answer 4 or 2?
So nervous to did something wrong and be rejected after 7 months waiting and with visa going to expire soon. Please advise!

Thank you!

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What are those eligibility questions. I didn't get a cgance to go through them yet. Please

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SvetaB said:
Hi guys,

Please help. Just received invintation to apply and trying to answer to eligibilty questions.
One of them: how many kids you or your spouse have? We have 2 kids and my husband have 2 kids from previous marriage. They have never lived with us, they live with their mom in the different country and I didn't include them in my application.
So, should I reply to this answer 4 or 2?
So nervous to did something wrong and be rejected after 7 months waiting and with visa going to expire soon. Please advise!

Thank you!
If you answer 2 and your husband's kids from the previous marriage are still dependent, that would be a misrepresentation which might get you derailed in the process.

If you answer 4, that will be the right thing to do but it will also involve your husband to arrange for medicals to be necessarily done for both those kids and also get a consent letter from his ex-wife about migrating to Canada without the kids or a court order as evidence that the ex-wife has full custody of the kids.

As this is a complex issue, recommend you hire a lawyer in addition to asking for advise from the forum. There are many applicants who have suffered delays and cancellations in cases where ex-spouses and kids from previous marriages are involved and each of those cases will be unique in themselves.

Aarti2791

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am little stressed out, hopefully there is no need to be. I got my PPR on June 26 (Inland applicant). I moved to India on June 21 and sent CIC an update regarding that. After getting the PPR I sent them an email to finalize my PPR at the New Delhi visa office - which they allowed confirming it via email on July 3. I sent my passport along with the photos, my pp, the email and bio-data form on July 6. The tracker states it's still under process. My concern is although my ecas says "a decision has been made", my cic still says A decision has not been started. Can this mean there can be a rejection? I hope I am just being paranoid. Can anyone give me their 2 cents on what this could mean?

Thank you,
A

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi..
I am already in the FSW EE Pool (CRS 431) with 2 years of work experience. I was wondering if my work experience can be bumped up to 3 years and gain additional 25 points. My "full-time" work experience (all in same NOC) is as follows:

Experience A - 14th July 2011 to 30th May 2012 - Entire Period is overlapping with full time MBA studies.
Experience B - 1st Nov 2012 to 31st Nov 2014

Question:
1. Can I also include Experience A for FSW EE. Unlike CEC eligibility, FSW has given no clear guidelines for full time work experience obtained DURING studies.
2. If yes, will that inclusion give me 3 years of work experience (and 25 CRS Points :-X) considering Exp A started from mid-month?

Helpful inputs would be really appreciated..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvarma said:
Hi..
I am already in the FSW EE Pool (CRS 431) with 2 years of work experience. I was wondering if my work experience can be bumped up to 3 years and gain additional 25 points. My "full-time" work experience (all in same NOC) is as follows:

Experience A - 14th July 2011 to 30th May 2012 - Entire Period is overlapping with full time MBA studies.
Experience B - 1st Nov 2012 to 31st Nov 2014

Question:
1. Can I also include Experience A for FSW EE. Unlike CEC eligibility, FSW has given no clear guidelines for full time work experience obtained DURING studies.

This assumption is correct. But make sure of the following Your studies and experience should not have been gained in Canada AND this period will necessarily be treated as part-time work experience (because you were studying full time simultaneously) so you can't count is as full time. You'll have to recalculate your experience on that basis.

2. If yes, will that inclusion give me 3 years of work experience (and 25 CRS Points :-X) considering Exp A started from mid-month?

The onus is always on the applicant for such cases. If experience started mid-month, the system might allot you full points at the beginning of the month but you would know that you don't deserve those points yet hence you shouldn't claim those and any ITAs that accrue because of those points. Else your application will be rejected.

Helpful inputs would be really appreciated..

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks for your inputs. Yes - nothing gained from Canada. But on what basis, would you say that my work would count as part-time? I did my full time MBA from USA which had weekend classes and my course allowed me to work full-time legally. As such, my work experience was 40 hours/week with necessary documents supporting it. Again, nothing mentioned on CIC with regards to this under FSW :(

Your comments for the 2nd question seems fair.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvarma said:
Thanks for your inputs. Yes - nothing gained from Canada. But on what basis, would you say that my work would count as part-time? I did my full time MBA from USA which had weekend classes and my course allowed me to work full-time legally. As such, my work experience was 40 hours/week with necessary documents supporting it. Again, nothing mentioned on CIC with regards to this under FSW :(

Your comments for the 2nd question seems fair.
The answers received on this forum depend on the quality of information provided in the question.

I was responding to your post where you specifically said "Entire Period is overlapping with full time MBA studies".

With the explanation you have provided now, it is clear that you can claim it as full-time work experience.

Also, your MBA wasn't full-time. It was part-time with classes on weekends. A full-time course requires attending fixed hours of academic sessions over a specified period in time. Which is precisely why your work experience can be full-time. You can't claim 2 full-time activities simultaneously. If you're claiming multiple simultaneous activities, either one or all of them have to necessarily be part-time.

All the best!