+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
mazamilam said:
I had the exact same issue. I did my Bachelors first and then completed a year here in Canada and was awarded a Graduate Certificate.

What I did was, for the Graduate certificate I choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

I got points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

Hope this helps.
Why didnt you chose Masters option??

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what should be showing up :

CORE HUMAN CAPITAL (500 maximum)

Age 110
Education 128
1st Official Language 133
2nd Official Language 0
Canadian work experience 40

SKILL TRANSFERABILITY COMBOS (100 maximum)

Education and language 50
Education and Canadian work 25
Foreign work and language 25
Foreign work and Canadian work 13
Trade certificate and language 0

PROVINCIAL NOMINATION AND ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT (600 maximum)

A Provincial nomination certificate 0
A Qualifying offer of arrange employment 0

this is what shows up :

CORE HUMAN CAPITAL (500 maximum)

Age 110
Education 128
1st Official Language 133
2nd Official Language 0
Canadian work experience 0

SKILL TRANSFERABILITY COMBOS (100 maximum)

Education and language 50
Education and Canadian work 25
Foreign work and language 0
Foreign work and Canadian work 0
Trade certificate and language 0

please help me fix it! I'm a bit worried!
Dont want to loose an ITA ! !

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
dukhi said:
Why didnt you chose Masters option??
I didn't want to spend so much money.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I completed my bachelors in Dubai.

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
mazamilam said:
I had the exact same issue. I did my Bachelors first and then completed a year here in Canada and was awarded a Graduate Certificate.

What I did was, for the Graduate certificate I choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

I got points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

Hope this helps.
Thanks, this is very confusing and stressful considering there's a risk of being banned for 5 years. I made the change and it bumped up my score from 399 to 431.

There's another thing that's bothering me a lot lately; (posted also on another thread but can't link it here because I'm a new member)

It's a bit tricky. So I'm eligible through the FSW program with NOC 2174. The work experience I have is 1 year as a software developer. But here's the catch; I got my degree after my 1 year of work experience:

Before I got the job, I went to a private IT academy (no transcripts, just a certificate of attendance) which is a certified Microsoft partner. The certificate of attendance in combination with the references from the trainers in the academy made me qualified for the position. After working there for a year I quit the position and enrolled in University where I got my computer science degree. Now under "Work History" in my express entry profile, I had listed my "Date gmduncanidaho first became qualified to practice in this occupation" as the date I got the certificate from the academy. I started getting second thoughts and now changed it to the date I got my degree. Do you think the qualification date being later than my work experience date would cause a problem? I have the original certificates from the academy but they cannot be accredited by wes/icas because it's not a university or a college. Should I change the date back to the date I got my certificate? What do you think?

Also, I have additional international work experience (part time + freelance work during my university education) which I haven't listed in my EE profile considering they wouldn't be accounted for (because one is freelance and the other is part time). I can get proof of employment letter from both companies (but one of them paid me in cash only while the other made bank transfers so I can prove payment for only one of them) and was debating whether I should include them too or not.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
gmduncanidaho said:
Thanks, this is very confusing and stressful considering there's a risk of being banned for 5 years. I made the change and it bumped up my score from 399 to 431.

There's another thing that's bothering me a lot lately; (posted also on another thread but can't link it here because I'm a new member)

It's a bit tricky. So I'm eligible through the FSW program with NOC 2174. The work experience I have is 1 year as a software developer. But here's the catch; I got my degree after my 1 year of work experience:

Before I got the job, I went to a private IT academy (no transcripts, just a certificate of attendance) which is a certified Microsoft partner. The certificate of attendance in combination with the references from the trainers in the academy made me qualified for the position. After working there for a year I quit the position and enrolled in University where I got my computer science degree. Now under "Work History" in my express entry profile, I had listed my "Date gmduncanidaho first became qualified to practice in this occupation" as the date I got the certificate from the academy. I started getting second thoughts and now changed it to the date I got my degree. Do you think the qualification date being later than my work experience date would cause a problem? I have the original certificates from the academy but they cannot be accredited by wes/icas because it's not a university or a college. Should I change the date back to the date I got my certificate? What do you think?

Also, I have additional international work experience (part time + freelance work during my university education) which I haven't listed in my EE profile considering they wouldn't be accounted for (because one is freelance and the other is part time). I can get proof of employment letter from both companies (but one of them paid me in cash only while the other made bank transfers so I can prove payment for only one of them) and was debating whether I should include them too or not.
Did changing your dates affect your points?

Scrathis

Jan 27, 2015
ngelsa said:
It is because your job offer is not supported by a positive LMIA, so you will have to register with Job Bank even you are currently working in Canada under PGWP and have a full time job offer.

Yes, PGWP is LMIA exempt for you to look for any kind of jobs to gain Canadian experience post graduation, but in order to claim that extra 600 points and be job bank exempt you will need a NOC O, A or B job offer that is supported by positive LMIA.
Thanks very much.

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
hey guys what do u put have u previously applied for a visa?....do you put in your uci from the IEC visa ?

Tia009

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER 17 DECEMBER
AOR Received.
28-01-2015
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
20th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
25th March 2015
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
18 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 October 2015
LANDED..........
18th March 2016
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size]

hi, how can i do JOB BANK REGISTRATION?

thanks in advance for your help

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
mazamilam said:

Hope this helps.

I have same problem , 4 year degree and 1 year Ontario diploma shows me 120 score on profile, any explanation whats going on there?

Phirecrackerdxb

Jan 29, 2015
Hi

I applied for FSWP in Oct. Got my CIC acknowledgement and file number last week. Any risk in applying through EE now to speed up the process?

Also i want to study when I land. Is it a good idea to apply for university admission now, land as a student and eventually apply for PR?

Pls advise.

Thank you

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....

My question : so, all the companies in Canada will check JOB bank, if there are look for some candidates with particular profile and select the candidate and CIC will then send the invite ? is this selection not part of draw which will happen alternative weeks?

Is my assumption correct ?

pls guide

Cheers!

mr.accounters

Jan 28, 2015
I need following information:
For completing Express Entry Profile:
1. Is there any other ID document to be mentioned apart from Passport
2. What should be the Field of Study for Engineering and Field of Study for MBA
3. Provinces or Territories to Consider living in.
4. Representative Required? YES NO
5. Hours per week -- If i dont remember for my previous company -- what to do. ?
6. City Town where worked. If we worked in multiple locations.. shud we mention last town ?

Q - What are the next steps to be done after that. I presume i have to submit EE profile. Wait for link to register in the job bank. What after that?

Q - What docs i need to fill. Any docs to be taken printout of and filled and scanned? Any list where such docs are mentioned.

Q - What personal documents i need to get hold of if i get ITA?

These are docs i know of: (Pls add more or correct)
a. PCC
b. IELTS Score card (Photocopy or Original ?)
c. Reference LOR from Company.
d. Funds Proof. what kind of funds are eligible.. PF.. PPF.. Shares/ Stocks.. Property.. Cash in Bank.. FD.. RD etc? (What and how to show that)
e. Original ielts score card or Copy what is to be given and when is to be given.
e. Any other docs.. pls let me know? What docs to fill online.. print .. write and submit or anything else

Any link where document checklist is given, so that we can arrange docs beforehand would be helpful.

Pls tell me answers to questions above.
I am sure it will help many others also.

Pankaj