+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

phushcha

May 29, 2017
Hey folks,

Called cic, the agent wasn't of much help, wondering if anyone faced the same issue.

I graduated a 1 year program from a college in Canada back in 2011. I was granted a study permit based on acceptance there in 2010. I believe DLI numbers were not introduced back then, but regardless... the college no longer accepts international students and doesn't have a DLI number. Do I qualify for the extra 15 points for canadian diploma or not?

"Was phushcha awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?"
- Yes

"What is the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number of the school?"
- No DLI number

I got the points based on these answers. Thinking I might run into issues because of this in the future.

If anyone has run into this issue before, please be so kind to let me know. Thank you.

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Calling out for a help!, Dear All,

I am in a very tricky situation. I am applying for FSW from Bangladesh. But back in 2014, when I was granted for study permit application in Canada, I didn't provide my work experience for the period, 2012 November to 2013 December, as time was a bottle neck for me.And also the company told me it would take a month for them to provide the letters. And it was impossible for me to get the tax clearance certificate. Because I was accepted through an event directly held my Canadian representative and had only 2 month before applying. Now that I am claiming points for that 1 year experience, will it be a problem? I have gathered all the documents. I cleared my TAX and got the clearance certificate for that fiscal year.
I am currently working in the same company again in Bangladesh and also holding a PGWP.

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Call at 7 am and you might wait for half an hour then they will

Answer you. I have tried that and it works.
They did answer me, but they said they cant at thier end for technical problems, i just have to wait n try again n again. They did not gave me proper solution.

Mar 1, 2016
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hello There,
I live in Calgary AB, got an invitation from Express Entry in January 2017. I submitted my file for PR in Mid Feb 2017. Still did not get any answer from CIC. How long does it takes to get a passport request? I submitted my Medical Report and PCC together with the file. Almost 3.5 Months, Still did not heard anything from CIC.

Dhavalv

Apr 17, 2017
Have a question about ECA report and completion of Express Entry (EE) profile.
For my 3 yrs Bachelors the WES report says '4 yrs Bachelors' and for my 2 yrs Masters of Science (Biotechnology) from India the WES report says '1 yr post graduate studies'.

Now as per EE guidance document, I need to update the option of 'Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees' as my highest education. This should be between Bachelors (21 points) and Masters (23 points) with 22 points. This was also the case, when I completed the CRS tool to check my points.

However, when I was trying to update my profile for with the Equivalence of my Masters from India, there was no option for 'Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees', after Bachelors and before Masters in the dropdown.

Any suggestions as to what should be completed?

Now here is the scenario with the 3 options to be selected in Express Entry Profile and how it affects my overall points (as per criteria prior to 6 Jun 2017):
Bachelors: 443 points,
two or more certificates, diploma or degrees': 475 points,
Masters: 482 points.

I called CIC today to ask for a clarification, the executive was really wasn't helpful. She just kept on saying that refer to CIC website and judge based on your ECA report as to what your response should be. That was of no help at all. So in a way she just said, update based on your own interpretation and best possible response.

Does anyone have any clue or any reference as to what should be the response? Also if in case by logic if I select Masters, will it lead me to be a case of rejection based on the ECA report and Express Entry profile not matching?

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They did answer me, but they said they cant at thier end for technical problems, i just have to wait n try again n again. They did not gave me proper solution.
Sorry to hear about your delima. Did you try deleting all of your cookies/cache etc and then logging back in? Hope you figure it out soon as time is of the essence.

Good luck.

arunnair05

Apr 16, 2017
I have experience Letter from all companies which has title, duties and responsibilities, Tools , W2 with paystubs--For work in USA

For Work experience from India---> I have experience Letter from all companies which has title, duties and responsibilities, Tools and PayStubs. PayStubs are not stamped as it says "its a computer generated payslip and does not require signature".

Do i need to provide more like Salary details, Stamped PayStubs etc?

egilgamesh

Sep 27, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance,
Please can you tell me as your experience how long express entry progam take till get invitation?

Or till landing in Canada

I looking forward to hearing your feedback,

Tejveer

Jun 9, 2017
Hey I got Canada visa. My college is in Kitchener and my friend lives in Montreal. Can I land at Montreal Airport?

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hello Seniors

I am filling out my Express Entry profile and have the following queries. It will be great if anyone can guide.

1) ECA - Got it done through IQAS for my undergraduate - Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) which is a 3 year degree. ECA certificate states my degree as 'Bachelor of Business Administration - Four Year Undergraduate Program'. On my inquiry, they said that countries have different criteria for BBA Honours degrees which they can't validate hence they have classified it as a 4 year program and not mentioned the word 'Honours'.

On filling the EE profile, which degree name should I mention, the one on my degree or that stated on the ECA certificate? Since I have also got my MBA validated by IQAS, is there a need to mention my undergraduate degree in the relevant section for EE profile?

2) Work Experience - I have worked for 3 different organizations during the last 10 years. However, it might be an issue to get JD documents from my 2nd employer. I have worked with this employer for 1.5 years. However, my stay with my first employer was for 8 years and I started my new job 3 months back. Should I mention the 2nd employer details?

3) Work History for Secondary Applicant - My wife is a banker. She is a Product Manager for Credit Cards. Can anyone assist in identifying the NOC? I am not sure if the NOC code 0122 would work. Please guide.

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello Seniors,

Please help!

For the question "have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before" I answered NO but I should answer YES because I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the UCI.

However, I uploaded all my work permit and study permit along with my passport pages in passport section. And after realized this mistake, I also sent a Case Specific Enquiry Form to IRCC and clarified my situation.

Will this result in rejection of my application?

Thanking you in advance.
Hi,

I think it actually asks "has XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before under Express Entry?"

Are you sure the question is without "Express Entry"? Could you please double check the question? I remember I answer it with"no" because it asks me if I applied to IRCC under EE. Otherwise the answer should be "yes" I feel anxious now...does anyone remenber what that question exactly is? Thank you

supin

Dec 27, 2015
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
hi....Is it necessary to upload a degree of graduation?I have uploaded just the marksheets.However my highest qualification is MBA of which i have uploaded both degree and marksheets.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Experienced members,

Couple of queries,

1. Post ITA, after completing all the forms, when going to the document checklist, I do not see a separate entry / upload section for the LoE. Is that shown in a different screen?

2. If I have an abbreviated middle name (or my spouse had an abbreviated last name) used in my degree certificates, I understand that may need me to clarify that as "Other names used" in the forms. However, this is causing a legal name change document requirement shown. I have a one and same person affidavit signed and notarized. Can I upload that into the legal name change document section?

rzargham1

Jul 2, 2017
Please help guys. I received an invitation to apply for nomination. I create a profile on ONE KEY for OINP which has a 14 day deadline. As the nomination offer is valid for 6 months, can I withdraw this profile and create it again because I wont be able to collect documents in 14 days.

Please reply! I am really worried about loosing this

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Please help guys. I received an invitation to apply for nomination. I create a profile on ONE KEY for OINP which has a 14 day deadline. As the nomination offer is valid for 6 months, can I withdraw this profile and create it again because I wont be able to collect documents in 14 days.

Please reply! I am really worried about loosing this
Do your best! Do not withdraw your nomination! Are you lost your mind???? Apply it and if you cannot collect all documents within 14 days then write an explanation letter and tell them about your situation why you cannot provide certain documents at this time. I do not know if you withdraw your application then it is going to help your problem. It will not! Firght and be strong!!!

Reactions: rzargham1