+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
My score is 417.
IELTS: S:7.5, W: 6.5, L: 8.0 R:9.0
Education Masters in Computer Science (Got my ECA last year its equivalent to Masters so got 135 points for that)
I have more than one year work experience as Office Assistant and 4 years as teacher which is not regular there is gap of three months after each 9 months. So I filled EE profile on the basis of Office Assistant Experience.

IS there any chance I will get the ITA. If not then what should I do to improve my score apart from IELTS.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
preet14 said:
My score is 417.
Education Masters in Computer Science (Got my ECA last year its equivalent to Masters so got 135 points for that)
I have more than one year work experience as Office Assistant and 4 years as teacher which is not regular there is gap of three months after each 9 months. So I filled EE profile on the basis of Office Assistant Experience.

IS there any chance I will get the ITA. If not then what should I do to improve my score apart from IELTS.
Maybe, but unlikely with 417. Improving your language score will boost your overall score hugely.

Dec 20, 2016
Hello,

I already had my Express Entry profile submitted but had to make some changes with the new questions being added for Canadian education. Meanwhile, I also received my PNP nomination and updated that question but the options are greyed out and I am unable to edit the response any longer. This is marking my profile incomplete and I’m not able to submit it. I already reported this technical issue but the response I got from CIC is of no help to fix it.

I wanted to ask if you know other people facing such technical issues? And will it be a wise idea to withdraw my profile and start a new one? I read that it is advised not to create a new profile so I just want to be sure that it will not impact my application in any sense.

Thanks in advance for your help!

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
preet14 said:
My score is 417.

as kryt0n already mentioned, improving your scores in IELTS will make a huge difference. Btw from master's do you mean M.Tech. or MCA or MSc.?

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
hsinxh said:
as kryt0n already mentioned, improving your scores in IELTS will make a huge difference. Btw from master's do you mean M.Tech. or MCA or MSc.?
Its MSc. Computer Science and in ECA its equivalent to Masters Taught and I got 135 points in EE.

If I go for job offer then can I look for Teaching job when in my EE Profile I choose Office Assistant as my primary occupation.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
kryt0n said:
Maybe, but unlikely with 417. Improving your language score will boost your overall score hugely.
hummmmm...

Its really unfair. if someone with 700 something is getting invitation then it means core score is only 100 something. that means that person does not have good IELTs score, Education or age. but then how they are eligible for 600 PNP points when almost all the PNPs required minimum 67 points.

rajutatavarthi

Dec 14, 2014
Hi. I received ITA in 49th Express entry draw under Canadian Experience class. I am currently working in canada under ICT work permit. I obtained reference letter from my employer stating my Permanent job + 40 hours + job responsibilities.

CIC is asking me to upload 'Offer of Employment' . My employer cannot state that I will be employed permanently in Canada'. Please let me know how to proceed on this.

"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajutatavarthi said:
Hi. I received ITA in 49th Express entry draw under Canadian Experience class. I am currently working in canada under ICT work permit. I obtained reference letter from my employer stating my Permanent job + 40 hours + job responsibilities.

CIC is asking me to upload 'Offer of Employment' . My employer cannot state that I will be employed permanently in Canada'. Please let me know how to proceed on this.

"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."
It has to state (after Nov 19th changes) that the offer will be for at least one year after you receive your PR. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

If your employer was not willing to state this in the first place you shouldn't have claimed those 50 points.

achilles7

Nov 3, 2016
Hello all,

I have a PGWP - no NOC code on the permit. I recently got a promotion at my work place so my NOC code changed - it used to be 1254, it is 4165 now. I was wondering which NOC code I should be using for "Primary Occupation" question in the EE profile. The description for primary occupation reads "This means the job XXX has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on." As far as I understand I should put the later NOC code (4165) since the employment letter I will be getting from my employer will be based on this title.

Secondly, I used my 1254 for the "Four digit NOC code of current work permit" question. Should I update that to 4165 as well?

Thank you in advance for your time! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
HI All,

Best of luck to all forum members...
I am a onip applicant, received ITA in the last draw..i had shown FD has POF..one of my FD is due for renewal in Feb 2017..should i wait for it to renew and then submit my application??

GM_SM

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-11-2016
Nomination.....
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
New Draw out at 475...

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I have question related to Police Certificate.

I have a police certificate from Pakistan which i received when i was in Pakistan , and i needed it so that i can apply for my Study Permit for Canada. After receiving my student visa i came here to Canada and have been living here ever since. My question is do i need to get a new Police Certificate for Express Entry?

GM_SM

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-11-2016
Nomination.....
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
If you have got the report from Pakistan and have stayed in Pakistan after the date of PCC report you will have to get a new one.

for example if you got your PCC in Pakistan on 1 Jan 2016 and got left for Canada on 2 Jan 2016...you will have to get a new one :(

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GM_SM said:
If you have got the report from Pakistan and have stayed in Pakistan after the date of PCC report you will have to get a new one.

for example if you got your PCC in Pakistan on 1 Jan 2016 and got left for Canada on 2 Jan 2016...you will have to get a new one :(
Thanks man! Time to get a new PCC

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Hello,

Dilemma - Re-take CELPIP or not?

Looking at today's draw result, I'm really hoping to receive ITA in 1st/ 2nd draw 2017.

My CELPIP test result expires Feb 28 2017.
If I get an ITA while the test result is still valid but application is submitted/ AOR after it expires, would it be an issue?

Wants to find out ahead of time because if I need to re-take, I should schedule it now.

Thank you!!