+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

freakyFries

Dec 3, 2016
darpan.aneja said:
Guys 1 quick question about work experience I have 7 years of work experience, but CRS treats everything above 3 years with same points.
So should we show only last 3 years of it in work history and remaining in personal history to avoid gathering documents from ex employers as it is a pain.
Will this be a misrepresentation?
It shouldn't be seen as misrepresentation. You may include whatever experience you have in the last ten years to get the maximum points you need for the CRS. It's all about related information for eligible points.
Other experience can be included in the personal history later on.

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
freakyFries said:
It shouldn't be seen as misrepresentation. You may include whatever experience you have in the last ten years to get the maximum points you need for the CRS. It's all about related information for eligible points.
Other experience can be included in the personal history later on.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darpan.aneja said:
Guys 1 quick question about work experience I have 7 years of work experience, but CRS treats everything above 3 years with same points.
So should we show only last 3 years of it in work history and remaining in personal history to avoid gathering documents from ex employers as it is a pain.
Will this be a misrepresentation?
I too have the same query. I am with my current employer for 5+ years. I have 3 years of experience with my previous employer. Is it worth the effort to take reference letter from my previous employer? If i don't, would it impact my job prospects in Canada? Would the Canadian employer consider my previous experience?

Also, i am not claiming any points for my spouse's work experience. Shall i get reference letter from her employers (current and previous), or if i don't show the work experiece, Would it impact her from job standpoint at Canada in the future? Thanks!

haarry

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hello Guys, I'm on PGWP. I have 1 year of Canadian work experience, i'm eligible to apply in express entry. If i get ITA, Do I need to show a proof of funds (Bank Statements) for express entry application?

freakyFries

Dec 3, 2016
sunchaser said:
I too have the same query. I am with my current employer for 5+ years. I have 3 years of experience with my previous employer. Is it worth the effort to take reference letter from my previous employer? If i don't, would it impact my job prospects in Canada? Would the Canadian employer consider my previous experience?

Also, i am not claiming any points for my spouse's work experience. Shall i get reference letter from her employers (current and previous), or if i don't show the work experience, Would it impact her from job standpoint at Canada in the future? Thanks!
Information on your current employer is adequate for CRS.

For jobs, reference letters requested are usually related to the kind of work you're applying for. If the Canada job you or your wife would be applying for is related to current or past employment, then please do the run around for all the reference letters now before you leave your country. On the other hand, some employers would want to request for these independently. In that case, just informally ask your boss/line manager/trusted colleague that you'd like to use their contact for future employers to contact them.

Reference letters for unrelated work (previous employers, for instance) are sometimes just for background check, to know whether you worked well, and stuff like that.

Hope this helps.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haarry said:
Hello Guys, I'm on PGWP. I have 1 year of Canadian work experience, i'm eligible to apply in express entry. If i get ITA, Do I need to show a proof of funds (Bank Statements) for express entry application?
If you're eligible for CEC you do not need to show proof of funds.

freakyFries

Dec 3, 2016
haarry said:
Nope.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
  • you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
    you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Further info:
cic /english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp_
cic /english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp_

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freakyFries said:
Nope.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
  • you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
    you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Further info:
cic /english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp_
cic /english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp_
Working on a PGWP does not qualify as a valid offer of arranged employment.

Only LMIA or LMIA exempt work permits qualify for that.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freakyFries said:
Information on your current employer is adequate for CRS.

For jobs, reference letters requested are usually related to the kind of work you're applying for. If the Canada job you or your wife would be applying for is related to current or past employment, then please do the run around for all the reference letters now before you leave your country. On the other hand, some employers would want to request for these independently. In that case, just informally ask your boss/line manager/trusted colleague that you'd like to use their contact for future employers to contact them.

Reference letters for unrelated work (previous employers, for instance) are sometimes just for background check, to know whether you worked well, and stuff like that.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, +1 to you :)

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello everybody

So, I am currently waiting for an ITA, but I don't know if I'll make the cut before my current temporary work permit ends

therefore, I would be interested in applying for a "mobilité francophone" temporary work permit (very easy and fast to get for french-speaking applicants, LMIA-exempt, so 50 more points for me!)

My question is this:
If I already started my application for the mobilité francophone, and I'm invited for PR, can I also continue with my application for the mobilité francophone temp work permit at the same time? I would like to get this "mob francophone" temp work permit anyway because that means I wouldn't have to ask for a bridge visa (my current one will end before getting a PR)

Basically, can I continue the process for mobilité francophone, or is it going to be cancelled if I submit my application for PR through EE?

thanks a lot!

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
DelPiero07 said:
Any travels between country of birth and country of residence need not be declared.

Cheers :)
Are you serious?? :eek: Where is this information? Oh I wish I knew this earlier! I guess now that I have that history, I will submit it anyway, right? Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira_johnson said:
Are you serious?? :eek: Where is this information? Oh I wish I knew this earlier! I guess now that I have that history, I will submit it anyway, right? Thanks!
Sure, if you've already spent the time to fill all that then go ahead and submit it.

Cheers :)

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
I have a question about new EE points for Job OFFER\
Is it correct that if I have been working for the employer for at least a year and I have employer specific work permit (I got nomination from the province and I went to the bordrer and got employer specific WP for a year), I can apply for EE and get 50 for job offer even if I don't have LMIA?

Please help!!!