+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hello there my husband just got his IELTS done and has completed one year of experience in Canada.We want to apply under CEC but we are still waiting for our credential assessments to come.Shall we go ahead and create our Express Entry Profiles or wait till we get the Credential Assessment done.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
fpaikar said:
Hello there my husband just got his IELTS done and has completed one year of experience in Canada.We want to apply under CEC but we are still waiting for our credential assessments to come.Shall we go ahead and create our Express Entry Profiles or wait till we get the Credential Assessment done.
Go ahead and create your profiles. Once you get your assessment, you can update the profile. Try and apply before the end of January to be eligible for the draw.

Best of luck.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your reply but wanted to know one thing that I know it is not mandatory to have the Credential assessment for CEC but if we want to claim the points we need it.If we create the profile and we get selected,wont it be illegal then as we dont have the credential assessment

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
fpaikar said:
Thank you so much for your reply but wanted to know one thing that I know it is not mandatory to have the Credential assessment for CEC but if we want to claim the points we need it.If we create the profile and we get selected,wont it be illegal then as we dont have the credential assessment
When you are filling in your Express Entry application, do not select that you have got for Education Assessment. If you select it they will ask for a file reference number, which off course you don't have (it will be mentioned on the final education report).

Once you get your assessment after a couple of weeks, update that section of the form and your points will change accordingly.

Hope this helps.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you once again but as my husband is a PHD and we both have masters as well can we claim points under CEC for education then

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
fpaikar said:
Thank you once again but as my husband is a PHD and we both have masters as well can we claim points under CEC for education then
No one is stopping you from claiming those points. My advice to you is to fill in the form, submit it now and when the assessment comes in, add the details. I would NOT WAIT!! That's my suggestion.

Remember, you can ALWAYS edit the details in your forms. Don't lose the opportunity and do not waste your time waiting.

Good luck :)

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. For all buddies out there who already applied for FSW2014 and applying for EE, what should I do with my IELTS result form? I got only one and already sent it. Huh I sent my application on Nov.26th, 2014. No DD or PER so far. What if I still don't hear reply even if I receive ITA at some point? Huh I looked it up on IELTS official site, it says we are only allowed to have one UNLESS we apply for Canadian PR and proof is needed. What should we do?

2. Is there any possibilities that cic change the NOC they desire this year? My primary NOC is 4011.

Thank you!

And here's my CRS factors:

NOC: 4011
Single, No Canadian relatives
Education: Master's, No Canadian degress.
IELTS: R 9 S 8 L 8 W 8
Work history: 1 year, No Canadian work experience or offer

Total score: 453

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
But as far as creating the profile goes I am so confused as it says that for CEC its not mandatory to get the ECA done .

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
fpaikar said:
But as far as creating the profile goes I am so confused as it says that for CEC its not mandatory to get the ECA done .
Who needs an ECA?

If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA.

You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if:
a.you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry •you are a principal applicant, and
•you got your education outside Canada, or

b.you are an Express Entry candidate (or their spouse or common-law partner coming with them to Canada) being considered for the Federal Skilled Trades Program or the Canadian Experience Class, and you want points for your foreign education.

To be eligible under a) or to get points under b) you must include ECA results as part of your Express Entry profile.

Note: An ECA can give you early feedback on how your credentials compare to those in Canada. It may also help when you are looking for a job. But, being assessed does not guarantee that:
•you will get a job in your field or at a certain level,
•your work experience and professional credentials are automatically recognized in Canada,
•you will be licensed to practice in a regulated profession.

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i have done MBA from India along with Bachelor of Commerce. So Only MBA evaluation required to get max points as a master Degree Holder ? I am thinking of going with WES for evaluation . Is it the fastest of yes then whats the timeline.

Do my university required to send sealed envelop with transcriptions directly to WES or i can get the sealed envelop and send to WES

Further How many extra marks will i get if i ll get my wife education assessed ?

Just to inform i am already a work permit holder with LMO and has permanent job offer from Same employer.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
kanwar80 said:
Guys i have done MBA from India along with Bachelor of Commerce. So Only MBA evaluation required to get max points as a master Degree Holder ? I am thinking of going with WES for evaluation . Is it the fastest of yes then whats the timeline.

Do my university required to send sealed envelop with transcriptions directly to WES or i can get the sealed envelop and send to WES

Further How many extra marks will i get if i ll get my wife education assessed ?

Just to inform i am already a work permit holder with LMO and has permanent job offer from Same employer.
WES seems to be the fastest at processing the education assessment forms. But that is not a guarantee. Their processing times are noted on their website.

If MBA is your highest education level then yes, only send in your MBA results. When you fill in the form at WES, you will have to print out a page that you will give to your institution. They will DIRECLTY send your results to WES. You do not have to do anything.

CRS – Spouse or common-law partner factors (if applicable)

Spouse or common-law partner factors

With spouse or common-law partner - number of points per factor

Less than secondary school (high school) credential 0
Secondary school (high school) credential 2
One-year post-secondary program credential 6
Two-year post-secondary program credential 7
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 8
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 9
University-level credential at the Master’s level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required. 10
University-level credential at the Doctoral level 10

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
sumitthegreat said:
Hello,

Please provide response asap.

I want to apply under CEC with NOC 2173. I have completed 1 year experience on 07th Jan 2015 and given language proficiency exam (CELPIP) on 09th Jan.

My Language score is out today with standing as L-11 , R - 6 , W-8 , S -7 (I think for NOC A , CLB min score should be 7 in each but as you see I have 6 in Reading)

I tried to use CIC online eligibility tool and firstly tried to test with R- 7 and after putting three steps details about Language and Canadian Experience it says - I am eligible to apply
Now I tried with actual scrore of R- 6 and this time it asked me lot more questions about funds availability , overall exp , family members etc. and finally showed eligible again

I am planning to reappear for Language test again in Feb but I need to know - is it possible in Express Entry profile to update Language test date/score once I will have updated language score?
Reason I am asking this because in both cases , it says I am eligible to apply though my overcall CRS score might not be sufficient to have ITA in dec but atleast I can give it a shot for Jan draw ?

Would appreciate speedy response whoever has already created Express Entry profile and able to/have tried to update language scores in their EE profile and system allows to update or not ?

Thank you.

Hi there for Language test result form or certificate number did you put the registration number?