+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Hi Everyone

Please I really need you advice on the Express Entry. I got SINP nomination so will be getting additional 600 points so I'm really getting ready for the next draw in October hoping to get an ITA.

I recently moved from my home country to Ireland (due to a 3 month contract to end in early Nov.). It's possible it's extended if not I will have to return to home country.

While I have added the work experience showing Ireland in my EE Profile , What I'm not sure is if I need to change my residence in my EE profile from my home country.

As I'm not certain my contract will be extended, I don't know if there is need to obtain police certificate from here and also if I will have to do the medical here when I get ITA.

I will appreciate your advice.

Thanks a lot

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
Hi, thanks for helping people

After I graduate 3 year college, I got PGWP. Since July 2014, I have been working in the lab as "graduate researcher" (NOC 4012 / Paid).
I read some Q/A, and many people said different thing about this job type.
Am I qualified for applying PR by EE? if answer is "yes" then which category am I in? (CEC or FSW)
Also, can I use above almost year and 4 month work experience as "Canadian Working Experience"?

I am so confused and frustrated, if my whole time might be useless....for getting PR...

Please give me some hope..

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jkuu0918 said:
Hi, thanks for helping people

After I graduate 3 year college, I got PGWP. Since July 2014, I have been working in the lab as "graduate researcher" (NOC 4012 / Paid).
I read some Q/A, and many people said different thing about this job type.
Am I qualified for applying PR by EE? if answer is "yes" then which category am I in? (CEC or FSW)
Also, can I use above almost year and 4 month work experience as "Canadian Working Experience"?

I am so confused and frustrated, if my whole time might be useless....for getting PR...

Please give me some hope..

Thanks
If your work experience was not gained while you were a full-time student AND your work experience was with a Canadian employer AND your work experience >= 1 year AND if your NOC falls under the 0/A/B category, then I think you are eligible for CEC.

For FSWP, there is a grid wherein you need to score 67/100 in order to qualify.

rooney23

Sep 22, 2015
I have a doubt while going further. Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated.

I am working full time in clinical research in a hospital cum medical institute and simultaneously I am enrolled as Ph. D. student full time from the same institute. So far I have not done anything in Ph. D. as I have not received any grants to fund my research but I have completed the coursework which was about 3 months only (2 hrs a day), but I have notified CIC about my enrollment in Ph. D. as I have applied for a TRV earlier. I have read on cic website "You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time."

Now I have a doubt whether my work experience in clinical research will be accepted or not. Since my work experience and education is full time, I have no idea what to do. Kindly guide as early as possible.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This should help.

Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?

You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs.

If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused.

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

You must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1,560 hours) in the three years before you submit your Express Entry profile.

To be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation.

This is the link :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=855&t=6
Also, check this out.

I have a PhD and am in a post-doctoral program. Do I qualify for the Canadian Experience Class?

Work experience gained while you were on a study permit will not count towards meeting the Canadian Experience Class requirements.

But, you may still be eligible if you:

already gained one year of skilled Canadian work experience while you were not on a study permit, and
meet the language threshold for that occupation .

Link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=672&t=29

jkuu0918

Sep 22, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
If your work experience was not gained while you were a full-time student AND your work experience was with a Canadian employer AND your work experience >= 1 year AND if your NOC falls under the 0/A/B category, then I think you are eligible for CEC.

For FSWP, there is a grid wherein you need to score 67/100 in order to qualify.
Thanks rajkamalmohanram
Yes, my working experience from lab with NOC 4012 is in during PGWP, so I hope I will be eligible for applying through CEC.
Again, thanks

#RA#

Sep 1, 2015
Dear fellow members,

I am an Environmental Engineer residing in USA. I am applying as a Federal Skilled Worker via Express Entry. I finished my educational assessment and am ready to apply along with my fiancé.

I have a Master degree in Environmental Engineering and 2 years and 8 months of full time experience under NOC 2131 for Environmental Engineering.

I also have 2 years of Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant while doing my Master degree program. It was a paid job for 20 hour per week, which would be part time and hence may be taken as 1 year of full time, as I understand.

I see that there is a separate NOC, #4012 for "Post-secondary Teaching and research Assistants"

On the CIC website, I also read, "You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs."

In another website (immigration):

Under the question: “Is experience gained during post-secondary studies accepted?”
They have provided the following answer: “Yes, as long as you were paid for the work done and the duties performed were in an occupation whose skill level is recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.”

I am a little bit confused. Can more than 1 NOC be added toward counting work experience under a primary occupation?
Meaning, if I have 2 years and 8 months of NOC 2131 (full-time) and 1 year of NOC 4021 (2 years part-time),
1) Can I add both NOCs while filling out my “Work History”? Would they consider both or ignore one of them?
2) Would it be considered as me having 3 years and 8 months (adding work experience gained on both NOCs) of work experience and points given to that much of work experience? If not, should I try to fit everything under my primary occupation NOC (2131)? Would that help?

Thank you for your time rendered on my behalf and I would appreciate it very much if any helpful information or guidance can be provided.
Many thanks and Good Luck with all your applications!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
#RA# said:
Dear fellow members,

I am an Environmental Engineer residing in USA. I am applying as a Federal Skilled Worker via Express Entry. I finished my educational assessment and am ready to apply along with my fiancé.

I have a Master degree in Environmental Engineering and 2 years and 8 months of full time experience under NOC 2131 for Environmental Engineering.

I also have 2 years of Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant while doing my Master degree program. It was a paid job for 20 hour per week, which would be part time and hence may be taken as 1 year of full time, as I understand.

I see that there is a separate NOC, #4012 for "Post-secondary Teaching and research Assistants"

On the CIC website, I also read, "You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs."

In another website (immigration):

Under the question: “Is experience gained during post-secondary studies accepted?”
They have provided the following answer: “Yes, as long as you were paid for the work done and the duties performed were in an occupation whose skill level is recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.”

I am a little bit confused. Can more than 1 NOC be added toward counting work experience under a primary occupation?
Meaning, if I have 2 years and 8 months of NOC 2131 (full-time) and 1 year of NOC 4021 (2 years part-time),
1) Can I add both NOCs while filling out my “Work History”? Would they consider both or ignore one of them?
2) Would it be considered as me having 3 years and 8 months (adding work experience gained on both NOCs) of work experience and points given to that much of work experience? If not, should I try to fit everything under my primary occupation NOC (2131)? Would that help?

Thank you for your time rendered on my behalf and I would appreciate it very much if any helpful information or guidance can be provided.
Many thanks and Good Luck with all your applications!
For CRS calculation purposes, your experience will count as 3 years and 8 months and you will be get a chance to score the maximum points under Skills Transferability section. ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

For FSW eligibility purposes, your work experience would count as 2-3 (2 years and 8 months) years assuming you choose 2131 as your Primary NOC and you will get 11 points on the grid for Experience. ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

#RA#

Sep 1, 2015
@Asivad:

Thank you for your reply. I guess my question is, may I add 2 NOCs in one Express Entry profile? Meaning, if I added both 2131 and 4012, since they are 2 different NOCs, would my experience still be added together or considered as separate occupations rendering it ineligible or resulting in less points? I am trying to score my maximum in order to help me receive an ITA.

I appreciate your help.

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

I recieved below RCMP request letter today but I am confused about sending this document. Do i have to send it just for myself or for my wife too?

Please advise.

Dear XXXXXXXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:
 XXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXXX:
 RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check You must provide
a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints.
 Please check the CIC website (Obtaining Police Certificates) and refer to RCMP certificates in
Canada for details on obtaining a RCMP Criminal Record Check.Please consult
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Hi guys. Need help with filling the details about job
Here is what I have entered.

Have a job offer : Yes
Parmanent: No
Seasonal and atleast one year: No
Have an LMIA: No

I m working on a contract job under 2171 for a six months contract.

Are the details ok?
Or should I say
Have a job offer: No
??

md321

Aug 15, 2015
I have applied in 2011 under FSW. But I was informed by CIC that my application was not eligible for processing as my supporting documents to prove NOC were not enough. Though nothing was mentioned about refusal or rejection, there was a UCI number.And the fee was refunded.
Now after receiving ITA, while filling up the online application, I discovered that I made some mistake during filling my last PR application back in 2011. I am confused about following things. Can any of you clarify the following ?

1.Do they keep record of application which was not processed but got a UCI number ?

2. In CIC mail, there was no word "refusal" or "rejection". It contained a UCI number, application number and following message
" I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):
After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the position as described in NOC. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a xxxx .
Since you did not provide evidence that you have an Arranged Employment Offer, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.
Your application, therefore, does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker class, you may qualify under another category.
Thank you for your interest in Canada. "

In Statutory declaration now I have to choose 'yes' to the following question ?
#Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa ?
#Have you been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave canada or other country ?

3. I put my mother's place(City, town) of birth wrong in 2011 application schedule 1. Instead I put my father's place of birth . But the country was right. Now I am filling the correct one which is mentioned in her birth certificate. Will there be any negative consequence for this ?

4. Two of my previous employment duration was from 2002/06 to 2006/04 and 2007/12 to 2010/07. But in 2011 application, I put the duration from 2002/06 to 2006/05 and 2007/12 to 2010/08. Now I am filling the correct date. This discrepancy of 1 month for each employment will have any negative effect ?

5. I travel a lot for professional reason. And in 2011 application, I missed a tour of 7 days to South Korea in Personal history declaration. This time I am correcting this mistake also. Will it be a problem ?

Is there any possibility that these mistakes can be treated as mispresentation ?

shiningukstar

Apr 13, 2015
Hi All,

My points are below. Just wanted to know if they are right?

I have 10 years of software testing NOC 2283. IELTS score (L -7 , R -7.5, W-6, S -7.5)
Education : MBA
Age - 33
No canada study or work experience.
Married - have not claimed my spouse's education or ielts

can you please help?

Thanks
S

Overall Score 349 Help
CRS - Human Capital - Age 80 Help
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 126 Help
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 93 Help
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 25 Help
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 25

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepalivg said:
what score can have more chances of getting PR under FSW if applying for 2+1. Husband being PA + wife + kid ?
Any score above 450 is likely to get an ITA in the next few draws.